+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trane RTAC

Post Likes
    Thanks,Zeke XI,for posting the service bullitin,and thanks to R123 for helping out - sorry Jayguy - sometimes you gotta put trust in knowlegable advice.......Took out the oil filter today - found a substance like plastic sandwich wrap in multiple areas of the filter - like it was 1/8" pieces stuck in the filter holes - I'll be cutting that one open to see what else is in there.Took the oil check valve out,and what do you know - the check is hanging up....Took out the oil return line strainer and Jesus - alot of steel shavings.No one has done anything to these chillers since installed other than contactor replacements and cond. fan replacements.I have alot of checking and monitoring to do down the road ahead.Now since this one was so bad,I'm gonna have to look into the other three compressors for peace of mind.Sorry the pics are a little fuzzy - damn flip phone - And all shavings stuck to a magnet - no copper shavings.........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1218121504.jpg   1218121449a.jpg   1218121449.jpg   1218121450.jpg  

Post Likes
    Those shavings are manufacturing debris from the evaporator.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dman66 View Post
    ...sorry Jayguy - sometimes you gotta put trust in knowlegable advice.........
    interesting.

dirty filters are nothing new. i am curious as to why you think the check valve is 'hanging up'.
    "Right" is not the same as "Wise".

Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

Just because you can measure it, doesn't mean it is important. Just because you can't measure it, doesn't mean it isn't important.

Post Likes
    That comment is very interesting........

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by R123 View Post
    If that truly happened, than a call to the higher up's in Trane is warranted. In my area, the parts dept and service dept are treated as 2 seperate companies.
    I know for a fact that one trane parts house did just that. They have called customers and offered factory service after we ordered parts. This was at an old job. I've heard similar stories about the trane that I'm near now but no personal experience.

Post Likes
    Dear Zeke,

can you please send me all spare parts list for RTAC400 (s/n EKP0080).....
    I need:
    O ring suction line/compressor
    O ring suction line/evoparator
    O ring unloader valve
    Oil filter compressor...

Thnx in advance.

Post Likes
    Sorry jayguy,forgot to post back about the check valve - when I pulled out the check valve,the valve was hanging bout 1/2 open once and a while when operated by hand,so I replaced it - with the new oil check valve,oil filter,return strainer cleaned, That compressor is quiet now and running like a champ - I really need to look into the other 3 compressors the customer has,but they are dragging their feet for some time now - they are probably waiting for an actual problem - then blame the problem on the contractor or the chiller - instead of actually maintaining the chiller.And I have warned them of the two chillers short cycling for the past 3 -4 years now - they have not listened - really sucks.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Plumber99 View Post
    Dear Zeke,

can you please send me all spare parts list for RTAC400 (s/n EKP0080).....
    I need:
    O ring suction line/compressor RNGOO130
    O ring suction line/evoparator RNG00131
    O ring unloader valve ?????????
    Oil filter compressor...FLRO321E

Thnx in advance.
    dont have the unloader O ring p#

Post Likes
    Hi.

I can help you

Oil Filter = FLR03434
    (WHEN REPLACING OIL FILTER IT IS RECOMMENDED TO REPLACE THE OIL FILTER COVER GASKET GKT03852)
    Oil Filter Check Valve = VAL07423 (VALVE; CHECK PILOT OPERATED OIL)
    Oil Injection Solenoid = I don't know which one you concern. It may VAL05930 (VALVE; SOLENOID, .125 INLET/OUTLET (FOR COIL ORDER COL04723)
    Trane POE 48 Oil = OIL00048
    7/16 MPT x 1/4" access valve = VAL07306 (VALVE;ACCESS 7/16-20 UNF)

Post Likes
    (s/n EKP0080).....?

machine european?

Post Likes
    You chiller model is ERTWB is it right?
    What is inf you need?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in