Thread: Trane Chiller Info

Post Likes

Trane Chiller Info

I am looking for information on a Trane RAUCC504PR13000F00T00 chiller.

Looking to install this in a small mfg plant to cool water to cool recycled plastic products as they come through an extruder.

Any info would be helpful. Serial #C98K00186. Plans are to run chilled water through a WCR plate frame heat exchanger

Chiller was purchased by owner out of another plant and unit was removed with sawmill. Repairable, but don't have any information on it.

If you have literature email it to me at
    Last edited by BaldLoonie; 07-31-2011 at 04:38 PM.

Post Likes

Thumbs up corrections

this site is worse than my phone. Corrections: sawmill should read sawzall and email is
    Last edited by BaldLoonie; 07-31-2011 at 04:38 PM. Reason: please put your e-mail address in your profile

Post Likes
    Here is the IOM for this unit.

Post Likes
    You probably won't be able to make much chilled water with an RAUC, because it is a DX condensing unit.
    Don't pick the fly crap out of the pepper.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BergerMech Rob View Post
    You probably won't be able to make much chilled water with an RAUC, because it is a DX condensing unit.
    Yes it's an air cooled condensing unit, but it can also be used in a chiller application with a remote chiller barrell. Digit 9 of this unit is "P" which indicates this condenser has chiller controls in it.

Post Likes
    That's interesting, I have never seen or heard of a setup like that. Thanks for enlightening me.

I don't really understand why you would want that, as opposed to a CGAD/E/F, though...
    Don't pick the fly crap out of the pepper.

Post Likes

Thumbs up Trane Chiller

Thanks for the information. I have not worked on any chiller for 10 years. That's about the time this one was new. My experience has been on 100 T and 200T. The guy owns a small shop and we were talking and I was the first person who knew anything about them.

I'm not sure this unit can be reinstalled. It has been sitting outside without any real protection for the refrigerant lines. I'll share what I've learned from you and see if he wants to pursue it.

Again thanks for the help.

Post Likes
    As Rob said, it is very unusual to see an RAUC in a chiller application.....at least in my part of the country down South. You must be up North were remote evaporator chillers are more common.

Post Likes
    North Central Indiana. The owner wants to increase his chilled water flow over the cooling lines from 4 plastic extruders. Small factory. I just happened to meet him over lunch. He was talking about his factory, when he found out I was an "old" pipe fitter with a background installing and maintaining commercial chillers he took me to his factory and gave me a tour. He then showed me the unit he had purchased at a factory disposal sale.

Starting this unit up is beyond my skills, but I have installed a lot of them and maintained bigger chillers (Centrifugal).

Oh well, I'll share what you passed on and see if there's someone close who is interested in this project. He's willing to pay to have it installed.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in