Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Trane broken already

Post Likes

New Trane broken already

Short time lurker , first time poster . I had a Trane XV 95 furnace , XR 14 a/c , Trane Clean Effect air cleaner installed today . The furnace didn't pass the "sea trials" , the diagnostic light tripped , blinking 4 times saying the upper limit switch was open . They opened the blower cover , it tripped again . They drilled holes in the vents and got temps of 135 F . I didn't get scared till they started adjusting the high and low screws on the valve , which didn't stop it from shooting codes . They are sending a service tech out tomorrow w/ a new upper limit switch . I'm hoping that solves the problem . What a disapointment for all of us , nothing worse than getting to the end and not having it work . Forgot to mention it takes about ten minutes till shut down . I hope it is as simple as the switch . I assume it isn't a common problem. Sorry if this was a long read.

Post Likes
    May well find that the switch is doing its job! Low air flow, undersized ducts, oversized furnace...

Don't recall having limit issues with any A-S/Trane 90 that was the furnace's fault.

Post Likes
    I thought it was hard to stop a Trane???

Disclaimer....this was not a bash....just a joke that you were all thinking....I was just the first to type it!
    I need a new signature.....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by I_bend_metal View Post
    I thought it was hard to stop a Trane???

Disclaimer....this was not a bash....just a joke that you were all thinking....I was just the first to type it!
    It aint that hard to stop a Trane. The trick is to stop it without it being noticable.

Gotta make a man-made lightning strike. That could happen.....right?
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Post Likes
    120,000 btu , 3.5 ton ac , same as the old Rheem equipt . It is a hair over for 2,400 square ft. , they feel the venting was more than adequate , hope they are right .

Post Likes
    According to old Doc Brown...that would be about 1.21 Jigiwatts of electricity

Name that movie!

God.....I have more useless information in my head

Post Likes
    You can't stop a Trane if it never started

Post Likes
    Sounds a bit oversized.
    Was the old Rheem a 90% furnace. Or an 80% thet vented out a regular chimney.

Post Likes

Name that movie!

Back to the future

I would say they used the manual E load calc on that one. The limit is doing its job I am sure, I would guess the service tech will be muttering some choice words to himself about their salesman.
    You can't fix stupid

Post Likes
    Hey Big Windy.....one small hint....WE LOVE PICTURES!! Any good one's of the install??

cmajerus...you win the prize!

Post Likes

Name that movie!

We should start a movie quote thread. That would be pretty fun.

Rules are simple. First person posts a quote. First one to answer gets to post a new quote. On and on we go. Where we will stop, nobody knows.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Post Likes
    There already is one! It got going pretty good, but it kinda lost steam...I have a million of 'em.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by big windy View Post
    You can't stop a Trane if it never started
    Oh it started. Just couldn't get it outta park and into Drive.

Must be the muffler bearings on the intake manifold. Their the guilty one your honor.

Post Likes
    There already is one! It got going pretty good, but it kinda lost steam...I have a million of 'em.
    where is it. I could give you a run for your money.

Post Likes
    120,000 btu , 3.5 ton ac , same as the old Rheem equipt . It is a hair over for 2,400 square ft. , they feel the venting was more than adequate , hope they are right .

what did they size it with manual geee???

was old heater 95% efficient??

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by t527ed View Post
    what did they size it with manual geee???

was old heater 95% efficient??
    No, the flue pipe didn't have any holes in it.

Post Likes
    http://www.hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthr...t=Movie+Quotes

It started out as a TV quote thread...ended up with a little of everything.

Post Likes
    That thread died.

Time to start a new one

Post Likes
    That's a lot of furnace. Sis has same size house and 75K 92% furnace! And we get below zero each winter.

They better check static pressure of the duct system. Still think an airflow issue.

Post Likes
    whats the duct size??? How big is the cold air drop? The vent pipes should be 3" and they can run out 200 liner feet? How many 90° elbows are in the vent pipe?
    Why am I the only naked person at this gender reveal party

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in