+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SMAN4 is HERE!!

Post Likes

SMAN4 is HERE!!

The SMAN4 is officially here. Check out the quick video I did at the IHACI show in Pasadena yesterday. A more detailed video will come shortly but much of the info is available on our website already. See links below.

Here's the link to the SMAN4 video on youtube
    http://youtu.be/OqC1YXNqVEc

Here's the product SMAN4 Page on our website
    http://fieldpiece.com/digital-manifolds/sman4

Post Likes
    Too bad it's winter or they'd have one more sold.

Post Likes
    That's geeky-awesome. I love my DigiCool, but the real time IDWB and ODDB providing target SH (and SC?) is sweeeeeeeet.

Post Likes
    totally disappointing. I thought you would have wireless probes detachable from the unit to use. Also, I did not see you can record.

Great for nocies, not for the demands of the real pro in business these days. I own a 3, was really hoping for much more on 4. Your missing a huge market demand from commercial refrigeration guys.

Post Likes
    Looks like a gimmicky toy to me.
    Don't pick the fly crap out of the pepper.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dowadudda View Post
    totally disappointing. I thought you would have wireless probes detachable from the unit to use. Also, I did not see you can record.

Great for nocies, not for the demands of the real pro in business these days. I own a 3, was really hoping for much more on 4. Your missing a huge market demand from commercial refrigeration guys.
    Looks like you can view any two wireless measurements so that could be wireless temp or any other accessory head like current or voltage it just wont calculate anything with the measurements and you would need to keep toggling the screen to read like you need to do with #3 to get the whole picture

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Rob View Post
    Looks like a gimmicky toy to me.
    a $800+ toy?
    If your getting the set up for the grandkids
    don't forget extra batteries
    1. AA
    2. AA
    3. AA
    4. AA
    5. AA
    6. AA
    7. AAA
    8. AAA
    9. AAA
    10. AAA
    11. AAA
    12. AAA
    13. 9V
    14. 9V

“If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    Yes you can use any Fieldpiece accessory heads to measure any two wireless measurements. It uses WB and DB to calculate Target Superheat but if you don't need that you can view any other two meaurements such as return DB and Supply DB for delta T. If you want to record it can send all 6 measurements to the HG3 for data logging and report printing capabilities.

Post Likes
    Dowadudda,

What specific features would you like to see? We listen to techs and the only way we can know what you want is for you to tell us. Please be as detailed as possible and trust me we will listen to your requests.

Russ

Post Likes
    I want to see the gauges to link up to the wireless charging scale that would be awesome.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by trai View Post
    I want to see the gauges to link up to the wireless charging scale that would be awesome.
    Explain a little about what you would do with the weight measurement on your digital manifold.

Post Likes
    would also like to see wireless temp probes

How wet can the unit get. before damage. with out knowing that info, i like to see a water prof sman. something that can get down poured on.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by swamprat323 View Post
    would also like to see wireless temp probes

How wet can the unit get. before damage. with out knowing that info, i like to see a water prof sman. something that can get down poured on.
    The wireless transmitters do have temp probes attached. In the video this thread is about shows two different kinds of temp probes, thermistor and thermocouple.

If it's hanging straight up and down from the hook it can survive "normal" rain but probably not storm rain that's coming in from all directions.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dowadudda View Post
    wireless probes detachable from the unit to use.
    I agree, this would be the way to go. What all do you have to buy to get the two temps feeding into it, and can it do subcooling as well?

Post Likes
    If you had the scale wireless connected to the SMAN you could watch the weight being taken out while you recover as well as weight in the charge. If you could put an alarm to the weight in that would be super too. Maybe even an alarm for vacuum to X number of microns. Personally I think that would all be a bit much but being able to see the weight on the meter would be nice.

Russell don't pay any attention to Dowadudda. He can't even spell novice right. Why a I use my SMAN3 for commercial and industrial applications daily. I can't wait to connect my SMAN4 to my Appion Aegaflow and TEZ8.

I would like for the SMANs to have better water protection and better knobs. The plastic knob wear out fast.

I really would like to see a fix for the hanger it eventually slips out.
    If you're too "open" minded, your brains will fall out.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaallred View Post
    I agree, this would be the way to go. What all do you have to buy to get the two temps feeding into it, and can it do subcooling as well?
    It already does subcooling and superheat, so did the SMAN3. It already has wireless probes you need either the EH4W or EHDL1.
    If you're too "open" minded, your brains will fall out.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Post Likes
    This offers me nothing over the SMAN3 I already have. I agree with 4D's.

My .02

-Don't put the wireless scale info on the screen. I can't believe people recommended this. Keep this thing simple and let it do JUST what it's meant to do...and make it great at that one thing.
    -On that note, lose the vacuum gauge. This is perpetuating the notion that you can reliably get a good vacuum through a manifold and charging hoses. Pure gimmick, and I think this is hurting the reputation of your Digital Gauges more than anything else.

+ wireless transducers instead of hoses
    + wireless temp probes for SH SC

I don't do a ton of AC, so wireless wetbulb is nothing for me. But can you imagine a manifold that does wireless temps and pressures?! Pure gold.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by XcelTech View Post
    If you had the scale wireless connected to the SMAN you could watch the weight being taken out while you recover as well as weight in the charge. If you could put an alarm to the weight in that would be super too. Maybe even an alarm for vacuum to X number of microns. Personally I think that would all be a bit much but being able to see the weight on the meter would be nice.

Russell don't pay any attention to Dowadudda. He can't even spell novice right. Why a I use my SMAN3 for commercial and industrial applications daily. I can't wait to connect my SMAN4 to my Appion Aegaflow and TEZ8.

I would like for the SMANs to have better water protection and better knobs. The plastic knob wear out fast.

I really would like to see a fix for the hanger it eventually slips out.
    you rip many D's for just spelling LOL

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared Fetter View Post
    This offers me nothing over the SMAN3 I already have. I agree with 4D's.

My .02

-Don't put the wireless scale info on the screen. I can't believe people recommended this. Keep this thing simple and let it do JUST what it's meant to do...and make it great at that one thing.
    -On that note, lose the vacuum gauge. This is perpetuating the notion that you can reliably get a good vacuum through a manifold and charging hoses. Pure gimmick, and I think this is hurting the reputation of your Digital Gauges more than anything else.

+ wireless transducers instead of hoses
    + wireless temp probes for SH SC

I don't do a ton of AC, so wireless wetbulb is nothing for me. But can you imagine a manifold that does wireless temps and pressures?! Pure gold.
    They have it but it sends info to the ***** Box (HG3) where it can hardly be read. Get a big screen that show us everything at once please.

Post Likes
    I love it!!! I been waiting for this to come along

nice job Russell

I wanted 4 port manifold and the wireless capabilities are a bonus!

and that guy that said target SC... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

now, if you can get the guys at FP to make the SC77 PACK all it's punch in a much smaller size
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Post Likes
    Thanks for inquiring. Now I am not bashing. I own a 3 I will never give up.

I am a supermarket refrigeration guy, and work almost exclusively with rack systems. Refrigeration guys I work and chum with are loving these gauges. Accuracy. love it.

I want recording capability. Superheat is my number one wish list. I might be on the sales floor of a store, needing to set superheat on dozens of cases. As I am doing other things on the system, it would be great to make a superheat adjustment, leave it for 15 minutes as it records, and then return, see my average, low, hi.

Wireless probes: I thought the clamp on probes were gonna become wireless. This would be my second request. So lets say I am doing superheat on say 3 cases in a line up, I have 3 probes on, and recording, then maybe send the recording to my laptop through bluetooth or something to have a graph. How many wireless inputs will the 4 do right now out of the box? Will that wireless go through glass? As in frozen food cases. And if your gonna go wireless, wireless pressure taps would be awesome too.

Another example of recording might be: Maybe I got a pressure transducer that every once inawhile has a hiccup, starts reading crazy. but I am not in the motor room at the time it does it. Happens. Sure be nice to have my gauges hooked up for a bit, record against the value of the transducer in the controller.

On the wired probes, the Kytpe connector with the accordian style stress relief is cheap. I have seen other guys break them right there.

I also think in your literature you must point out where in fact microns are sensed, which is in the middle of the manifold. Some guys will be on a vacuum, then when they do a rise test, I have myself made the mistake of front seating my manifold ports, rather than my pump blank off. I am cool now with it being where it is, but it would be nice to spell that out clearly.

built in humidity sensor.

I will think of more.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in