+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tips on the job

Post Likes
    I had to work in the penthouse of a big wash dc building. It was like eight bedroom and the brochure for the place said 1 bedroom starting at 1.9 mil. I had better not say her name but some of you have probably heard of her. She gave me two dollars.

It was embarrassing that she must have been so wealthy and so distorted in her opinion of what I make, that she thought two bucks was a nice gesture. It is around four bucks for a cup of coffee in that area.
    Guinness for strength

Post Likes
    I just got 10 for a diagnostic today.
    I always so no,... no need to its my job. But they still insist. Gotta love it!
    Silent Service........ Death From Below!

Somewhere in Kansas, a town found a village idiot!

Post Likes

flirting with broken arms or??????

Quote Originally Posted by B_roche View Post
    I had to work in the penthouse of a big wash dc building. It was like eight bedroom and the brochure for the place said 1 bedroom starting at 1.9 mil. I had better not say her name but some of you have probably heard of her. She gave me two dollars.

It was embarrassing that she must have been so wealthy and so distorted in her opinion of what I make, that she thought two bucks was a nice gesture. It is around four bucks for a cup of coffee in that area.
    we had a wealthy rezzie customer that i did a clean & check for , ok , routine boring job , got the invoice signed & off the clock on my way out the door she says could you please fix the cord on my washing machine?? "mam , i say politely , i'm off the clock and on my way to my next call" Oh don't worry i'll just pay u it won't take long , ok not to offend a long time customer . well , it was a pita job , now i'm behind sch. & fer sure missing lunch to make it up. she smiles at me and says "sorry , i don't have any money" i didn't care about the money but the way she said it and smiled and said it meaning you like it or not , tough!!! I read her out good and left steaming , being too young to have learned the fine art of tactfulness. when i related this story to another tech he looked at me and made the sign of the cross at me and said i should find a priest for the last rites as her husband was the current head of the chicago mafia that nobody told me ahead of time.. had me watching my back for a long time

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rojacman View Post
    Her husband was the current head of the chicago mafia that nobody told me ahead of time.. had me watching my back for a long time
    She made you an offer that you couldn't refuse...until it was too late!

Post Likes
    Once had a customer that was VERY rich, had done his work for years, and he had always given me a Christmas card with $50-100 in it, one Christmas eve I was at home and he called me (like a dipstick I gave him my home #) went to his house and fixed the problem when I was ready to leave he handed me an envelope, I thought whoopie a $50 tip for messing up Christmas Eve, when i got home I opened it and the were 10 crisp $100 bills in it

I was real glad he called

Post Likes
    i have had money, food, booze, furniture and alot of other stuff. one time after a p.m. and the last job of the day i was doing the paperwork and drinking a beer with the ho we got on the subject of elvis. long story short he had a concert ticket for syracuse that elvis never made it to. i think it was his next show. i don't know what it's worth but me being a huge elvis fan i thought it was realy cool. the best tip ever got.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in