+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Drill

Post Likes

New Drill

Hey guys,
    I am looking at getting a new drill. I already run a DeWalt XRP 18V for anything major. I am looking to get something small that will easily fit in my Veto Pro Pac to take up on a roof to remove panels and such.

I have looked at the Milwakee M12 set and I do like the size.

Does anyone have any recommendations about anything out there? I would like to hear good and bad reviews.

Thanks
    Follow me @blankscole

Post Likes
    Company started switching us to the small Bosch impactors. Those things are slick. Good power, battery, and light for roof traveling. Many of the guys were using a 36 volt for service work. Our purchasing guy got them for a deal but they are too big!! They were dubbed the nuclear drills and most were traded in for the impactors. Downside is: they are not fans of the cold keep the batteries warm. They lose charge quickly. Also new stuff is not as aquatic as the old!

Post Likes
    Rigid battery powered right angle tool kit. You can interchange impact, drill, hammer, or multi-tool heads with same power pack. You'll love having a right angle drive.

Post Likes
    The Milwaukee m12 set are great. I keep the impact one in my bag, it's small and has lots of power for its size

Post Likes
    I recently switched to makita 18v small , lite , and more then enough power and the battery last forever on the little impact brushless motors are a plus as well

Post Likes
    I still have the Dewalt 7.2V power screwdriver in my VETO, along with a spare battery. More than adequate for cabinet screws. For 'real' work, I have the black/white Makita LiOn 18V pair. The B&W pair are lighter (easier on my older wrists), and have plenty of power to do basic things. Once in a while, I get out the old NiCad DeWalt 18V... and be careful with my wrists. Any major work (like boring a hole in a brick or block wall for a PVC pipe), out comes the Makita hammer-drill which is corded.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *The value of comfort, over the long term; leave economic choices behind!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    I really like the Makita 12 volt impact for panel work, nice and small, power for days...just get off the trigger after the first couple of taps going back in.

Post Likes
    How about this. Price is good. Don't know if the size of the drill is good enough for you.

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/7800...bo-kit-lct209w

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mofotech View Post
    How about this. Price is good. Don't know if the size of the drill is good enough for you.

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/7800...bo-kit-lct209w
    I have not seen that set at HD... did not know it was made. I like the 18V B&W Makita's... all the drill I need for most HVAC work. The one in your link may be a nice replacement for that DeWalt 7.2 screwdriver I have now... would be smaller and lighter... and the batt would probably last longer. The drill may not get much use, but for $90 bucks it is a buy.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *The value of comfort, over the long term; leave economic choices behind!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    I love my Makita 18v cordless combo kit, I think the guy who stole the first one out of my van liked his too lol. It has drill, impact, Sawzall, skillsaw, and flashlight. Impacts are great for service, screws that a drill will snap an impact takes them out easy.

Post Likes
    Very happy with the M12 impact and drill.

Post Likes
    Used to have the 12v Makita and finally plain wore them out. Went up to an 18v kit and wouldnt trade them for anything. I like that I can use the big Li batteries for the drill and like to use the small ones for my impact. Have the bolt on belt clips for both. Dont ever see myself changing to anything else.

Post Likes
    I love my Milwaukee 2401-22, It's the best purchase I've made in a while. Battery life is very good and it's a powerful little tool.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o02_s00_i00
    A people who would exchange liberty for apparent safety, will deserve neither and lose both.

Post Likes
    I'm using a Dewalt 20 volt Max with lithium ion batteries. The impact and regular drill are both great.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gmb View Post
    The Milwaukee m12 set are great. I keep the impact one in my bag, it's small and has lots of power for its size
    I love my Milwaukee m 18 set. I got it on sale for 199.99

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...&storeId=10051
    The opinions expressed by me are not that of my employer.

insulation modern marvels
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g37riSkyZzM

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2GA01 View Post
    I love my Milwaukee m 18 set. I got it on sale for 199.99

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...&storeId=10051
    I've got the larger set, with Sawzall and flashlight. It's awesome. The impact never leaves my side. The sawzall and hammer drill are fantastic for installs and plumbing work. Surprisingly, the flashlight is pretty useful too.

Post Likes
    Good information here. I use a Dewalt 12v Max in my tool bag, but I am in need of upgrading my bigger drills/drivers. That Makita sounds nice and there is a promotion going on.

http://www.makita.com/en-us/Modules/...BareTools2012/

I've never been much for the cordless saws, but you can bet I've never turned one down when I'm too far away from power. That might be an option there as well.............There I go rambling I know a few guys who use the Bosch, Milwaukee and Hitachi 12 volt drivers. They all seem to like them. The 12v Max is just what I picked up. I like it.

Post Likes
    I just myself a cool kit for a good price at HD its a ridgid combo kit it says its 129.99 but i got it on sale for $97(only reason i bought it) cool flash light and the drill fits comfortably in my veto bag. Cant wait to use it.

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/ridg...l-light/953451
    Get er Done!

Do what has to be done
    when it has to be done
    as well as it has to be done
    And doing it all the time.

Post Likes
    Guess I'm odd man out, I use the Craftsman C3 line with the 19.2v Li-ion batteries. I just recently picked up a 2.5gal wet/dry vac that runs on the 19.2v batteries that works fairly good, I've used it to clear drain lines and pans. Plus its kind of nice that you don't have to drag out a cord for small clean up jobs.

But I've had the DeWalt and Milwalkee in the past, and never was really impressed with them. Plus now I've got so many of the Craftsman C3 tools, it would be too expensive me to switch to anything else right now.
    When you do a job, Always make it easier for the next guy, because you may be the next guy working on it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelPaladin View Post
    Guess I'm odd man out, I use the Craftsman C3 line with the 19.2v Li-ion batteries. I just recently picked up a 2.5gal wet/dry vac that runs on the 19.2v batteries that works fairly good, I've used it to clear drain lines and pans. Plus its kind of nice that you don't have to drag out a cord for small clean up jobs.

But I've had the DeWalt and Milwalkee in the past, and never was really impressed with them. Plus now I've got so many of the Craftsman C3 tools, it would be too expensive me to switch to anything else right now.
    I have nothing bad to say about the craftsman line of power tools.

I had their 14.4v impact before I bought the Milwaukee and there was nothing wrong with it other than weight.

I gave it to an apprentice and, to my knowledge, it is still in use.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in