+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New ak set-up

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Get your mind out of the gutter... works better in the sunlight...

Biggest difference is the 900 reads SH and SC at the same time. The other difference is the 1250 is American made, the 900 is from over seas... I think Chinese.
    I assumed they were made in Canada. Can anybody confirm where they are manufactured?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiegoodfellar View Post
    I assumed they were made in Canada. Can anybody confirm where they are manufactured?
    I suspect it is in a thread somewhere...

The reason the AK costs less than the others is manufacturing costs... Just one of those things... a business has to make $$$ or it will not last long. One cannot sell things for less than it costs to make them.
    Most other digital heads are made outside the USA... I guess Doug realized he had to either compete or die... like everyone else.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *The value of comfort, over the long term; leave economic choices behind!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    I suspect it is in a thread somewhere...

The reason the AK costs less than the others is manufacturing costs... Just one of those things... a business has to make $$$ or it will not last long. One cannot sell things for less than it costs to make them.
    Most other digital heads are made outside the USA... I guess Doug realized he had to either compete or die... like everyone else.
    In all honestly it makes little difference to me. The Chinese will build high quality products if that is what they are asked to do. I am going to buy a AK900 and maybe a JB ball valve manifold for it.

Post Likes
    I was thinking about buying A 1200 off DC site and add the upgrade. Would rather have a US or Canadian made 1250. They had no price for the up grade kit.

Think they would do the up grade for me at additional cost?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    I was thinking about buying A 1200 off DC site and add the upgrade. Would rather have a US or Canadian made 1250. They had no price for the up grade kit.

I don't see why not.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiegoodfellar View Post
    http://m.contractingbusiness.com/hva...ontractor-time

Post Likes

The they're still available, just buy a 1250. That's a 1200 with the upgrade kit already installed.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    The they're still available, just buy a 1250. That's a 1200 with the upgrade kit already installed.
    From where JP?

Brenda said and the site showed they were sold out.

I'd cop one right now if I knew where to get one.

Post Likes
    From where JP?

Brenda said and the site showed they were sold out.

I'd cop one right now if I knew where to get one.
    That was supposed to read:

IF they're still available....

If DC is sold out, you're on the mercy of a tight used market.

I know with 100% certainty that I'm not parting with either of my DC units.

Post Likes
    Nuts.

I really wanted one too.

Post Likes

JP, 275 at brenda's for a 1200 and 195 for the update kit from another place. but the site where the upgrade is says it only gives 1250 a back light.
    supposed to give it two test leads not just a light, no?

Post Likes
    JP, 275 at brenda's for a 1200 and 195 for the update kit from another place. but the site where the upgrade is says it only gives 1250 a back light.
    supposed to give it two test leads not just a light, no?
    If you are having someone else upgrade a 1200 for you see if you can get the AK face plate plug wired in so you can run the AK temp sensors on either one.
    Might want to update the Will so someone knows where you want all your gauges to go when the time comes ;-)
    You are building quite a collection :-0
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    If you are having someone else upgrade a 1200 for you see if you can get the AK face plate plug wired in so you can run the AK temp sensors on either one.
    Might want to update the Will so someone knows where you want all your gauges to go when the time comes ;-)
    You are building quite a collection :-0
    Lol..nice.

Guess I am m starting to get quite the collection.

I guess MY nephew or HVAC5646 jr.(if there ever is an Hvac5646 jr) will get every thing.

Post Likes
    Lol..nice.

Guess I am m starting to get quite the collection.

I guess MY nephew or HVAC5646 jr.(if there ever is an Hvac5646 jr) will get every thing.
    Being a 'tool hound' tells some of us you care about your work... not everyone does.

Good tools produce good work (not saying one can only do good work with good tools... just the two seem to go together). The basic premise is a sense of quality and pride in workmanship (rather than nothing more than greed).

Sometime we should start a thread posting a list of all the electronic tools we own (electronic being defined as any circuitry to make the tool function). This would include meters, digital gauge, a variety of test instruments, etc.

Lessee... Just a quick thought, I have, I think, at least a dozen and a half on the van... maybe more if I actually did an inventory. Keeping the batteries charged and the batteries in stock to change is a routine in itself.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

*The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)

Post Likes
    Being a 'tool hound' tells some of us you care about your work... not everyone does.

Good tools produce good work (not saying one can only do good work with good tools... just the two seem to go together). The basic premise is a sense of quality and pride in workmanship (rather than nothing more than greed).

Sometime we should start a thread posting a list of all the electronic tools we own (electronic being defined as any circuitry to make the tool function). This would include meters, digital gauge, a variety of test instruments, etc.

Lessee... Just a quick thought, I have, I think, at least a dozen and a half on the van... maybe more if I actually did an inventory. Keeping the batteries charged and the batteries in stock to change is a routine in itself.
    Speaking of batteries...with all the stuff I have to keep track of making sure batteries don't go bad are a scheduled maintenance. I have taking to pulling the batteries out of the heating season instruments and dating the it.

Funny thing is with all the FP styuff I have my little Testo humidity stick and contact thermometer get used quite a bit still.

Post Likes
    Speaking of batteries...with all the stuff I have to keep track of making sure batteries don't go bad are a scheduled maintenance. I have taking to pulling the batteries out of the heating season instruments and dating the it.

Funny thing is with all the FP styuff I have my little Testo humidity stick and contact thermometer get used quite a bit still.
    This is my approach with batteries:

*ALL rechargeable instruments get charged monthly... more often depending on the season and workload.
    *ALL disposable battery instruments get new batteries Spring and Fall
    *Van has a bin for batteries... I carry spares for everything.
    Nothing like 8:00 PM, wrapping up a repair after a long day, and your micron gauge has a dead battery... In my case it uses ONE D cell... (YJ 69075).

This program seems to work for me.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Post Likes

Well Jarred, you don't have to worry about me mugging you for your 1250.

Clover saw this post and bought me another set of AKs with clamps...I have to buy the manifold (old skin flint couldn't invest another $200 in his favorite nephew).

This time I just want a manifold that is cool...doesn't have to be practical ....just extreme-radical.

Any of you other young pups got a suggestion?

Post Likes

Any of you other young pups got a suggestion?
    Yes I have a suggestion .....let me borrow that sdp2 and sta!
    Piece

Post Likes
    Bring back clover !!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tech45 View Post
    Bring back clover !!!
    Uncle misses you too..uuhhhh who are you

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in