Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Continuing Issue loses Fron won't heat/cool

Post Likes
    You are getting Exactly what you payed for.

Pay a company to fix it right and will stand behind thier work or keep knocking on the guys door to gas it up every 2 weeks.
    Gas and go are againjst the law!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kirk1701™ View Post
    Yes, its a neighbor, starting to wonder if this was bad judgement on our part.

No, no charge on the gas-n-go as he's doing it after hours but he's partners in the business with another guy "I think".

Yes, High end system but out of warranty after 5 years.

Looks like we are getting to the bottom of this... Everyone eventually gets a good education on service. Remember that a good education is not free.

Time to do some research on some local service outfits and find another one. HVAC Talk contractor map would be a good start. Angie's List is another place to look. Good luck on your endeavor.

Thermojohn out, hehe.... Going to enjoy this beautiful Saturday out and about with the family.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by thermojohn View Post
    Looks like we are getting to the bottom of this... Everyone eventually gets a good education on service. Remember that a good education is not free.

Time to do some research on some local service outfits and find another one. HVAC Talk contractor map would be a good start. Angie's List is another place to look. Good luck on your endeavor.

Thermojohn out, hehe.... Going to enjoy this beautiful Saturday out and about with the family.
    Thanks guys
    One more question, its below I think you missed it post #17

Post Likes
    So the 1st guy was your Neighbor? You are a better person then me, I would be knocking on his door everyday till he fixed it right.

I do all my neighbor's work. I have installed and serviced just about everyone in the neighborhood. That is one of the things they like if there is a problem I am right there next to them.

I must agree with all the others cut your losses and find another contractor to find the leak/leaks fix if possiable if not look at replacement as this system is nickle and diming you.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by duckman06 View Post
    So the 1st guy was your Neighbor? You are a better person then me, I would be knocking on his door everyday till he fixed it right.

I do all my neighbor's work. I have installed and serviced just about everyone in the neighborhood. That is one of the things they like if there is a problem I am right there next to them.

I must agree with all the others cut your losses and find another contractor to find the leak/leaks fix if possiable if not look at replacement as this system is nickle and diming you.
    We'll both actually, both service guys lived in the neighborhood and the first moved and he was the one that installed the unit and later raked us over the coals after he got to big, but the second guy who now lives in the neighborhood we asked him for this very same reason as your saying; if there's a problem he's right there and my dad who lives with us is elderly, on blood thinners so can't do without heat thats just an absolute must have. Don't get me wrong, he's been good about responding, put a charge on and go but I'm wondering if he wasn't double checking to see if it lost a charge more then once or twice before he said definate "more then one leak"??

I don't know, thats why I came here to get answers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in