+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Winter Wonderland

Post Likes

Winter Wonderland

Any ideas on what is causing this. Hussman display freezer. (2) 5 door sections on one circuit. hot gas defrost. Fans shut down as soon as defrost starts, delay after defrost. Other case on circuit clear as a bell. all heaters in pan operating in defrost. 20 miniute defrost. 15 min drip. Temp on side outlet of distributor rises quickly to 90 degrees the hovers ther for rest of defrost.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    Thermostat set too low/bad?

Post Likes
    Door gaskets? Gotta have water to make ice.

Post Likes
    I think that Tommy Knocker is on it. The system may very well have more than one problem but the first thing to eliminate is the moisture that is getting in to the case. Door gaskets or some other point of infiltration of atmosphere would be my recommendation for a start.

Post Likes
    Did you check the door closer tension??? I like to start with the easy stuff first.

Post Likes
    Thanks for you replies. I will look for air infiltration, i have been focused on a defrost problem.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by johndief View Post
    Thanks for you replies. I will look for air infiltration, i have been focused on a defrost problem.
    You may have a defrost problem as well but your box would warm up due to no airflow, coil frozen. Find the water source and correct then give it a good once over to determine if there are other issues. Good luck.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in