+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Niagara AX Andover integration

Post Likes

Niagara AX Andover integration

What if any drivers are available to talk to infinity field controllers? I think I remember a 232 driver that allows integration through the big orange main panel. I really don't wanna go that route. I have a special place in mind for that big orange antique.

Post Likes
    The only way I know of communicating to the field controllers is with the Infinity Driver offered. It does not integrate directly to the field bus. It relies on a serial connection to the andover "big orange main panel" to communicate to the system just as you would with hyperterminal. It definately has it quirks, but it may be the best of whats available.

Post Likes
    I think that you can use a BCX to convert from Infinet to Bacnet.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by matcai View Post
    Hmm I will look for some more info on this BCX.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by matcai View Post
    a bCX will not work on a Infinet bus... it only works with a Bacnet MSTP bus

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by exwtk View Post
    a bCX will not work on a Infinet bus... it only works with a Bacnet MSTP bus
    Ok, that was the conclusion I was coming to as I was looking through the literature. Well that just sucks! I can't believe driver developer don't have something to talk directly on the 485 field bus. Anybody have experience using the current tridium Infinity driver that talks to the AC256? Will it discover field devices, and all points connected to the AC256?

Post Likes
    As a worst-case scenario, could you use a NetController II to convert from InfiNet to BACnet? I saw worst case because I'm guessing that thing is not cheap...

Post Likes
    how do I discover BACnet devices under a BCX? I have an IP connection and can discover the BCX, but none of the MS/TP devices under it. Any ideas?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in