+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rheem Broken Nut

Post Likes

Rheem Broken Nut

I go on a no cooling call, find a 2 year old Rheem Split Heat Pump flat on charge. Dump in the nitro to find it will not hold any pressure at all. I go to the AHU and find the TXV Nut split open. Rheem will not warranty this because it is "Commercial" The AHU is a residential 3 ton AHU with a 3 Phase condenser. Replaced the coil, drier, vacuum and 9 lbs R410A. All working well for now.

Post Likes
    The unit or application is "commercial" ? They don't warranty their commercial stuff? Maybe someone got Rheemed.......
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Post Likes
    Rheem Commercial warranty is 1 year. This is a residential AHU in a commercial application. It should at least keep its 5 year parts warranty. This is the living quarters for our local Fire Dept.

Post Likes
    I'm about sick of Rheem's warranty coils. We have changed at least 10 this year that was 7months - 4 years old. I did a few with in the first year, so I had the privilege of covering the labor, freon and dryer. Thanks Rheem!

Perhaps the need to lay of the Tequila at there Mexican manufacturing plant.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by acsolutionsllc View Post
    I'm about sick of Rheem's warranty coils. We have changed at least 10 this year that was 7months - 4 years old. I did a few with in the first year, so I had the privilege of covering the labor, freon and dryer. Thanks Rheem!

Perhaps the need to lay of the Tequila at there Mexican manufacturing plant.
    I have sold Rheem for a long time, I have dropped them back to a second choice because of various warranty repairs. Even if it is out of Labor Warranty and I sold it to them all I can do is break even. If I didn't Install it I can make a few Bucks.

Post Likes
    When't on one today we installed about 2 years ago found the leak in the condenser coil.

Post Likes
    I always use an ADP coils with Rheems. They are much less restrictive and now come in the same color.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty hvac View Post
    I always use an ADP coils with Rheems. They are much less restrictive and now come in the same color.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I started to use them as well. However were starting to get the new Rheem Gray Granite Metallic colors so the ADP stuff don't match anymore unless you use a Comfortmaker ADP coil its still a different shade of gray just not as noticeable as the old green.

Post Likes
    Wow. Last Rheem call a made was a flat 5 ton with a leak at one of the compressor spot welds. NotbRheems fault but still unusual.

Post Likes
    Been finding a lot of leaky rheem evap. coils unit are only 1-3 years absolutely horrible.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in