+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lifting equipment to replace casters.

Post Likes

Lifting equipment to replace casters.

Today i was changing 6 casters on a silver king refrigerated grill stand, with 2 grills ontop of it, with a scissor jack and a bottle jack from the van oh and a 6 foot long 2x4. The job took alot longer then it should have so.

What do you use, in the past ive used a bottle jack, i liked it, was able to also use it to hold up grill tops to get into the underside, but they are not good for getting under equipment that sits lower to the floor, maybe 5 inch's off the floor.

A floor jack seems decent, ive never used one for that purpose, but it would be cumbersome and take up alot of room in the van.

I was looking at hi lift jacks / farm jacks
    http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...&storeId=10051

Never used one but it looks neat, and would be nice to get under equipment thats low to the floor.
    You can't kiss death without it kissing you back. Death is a passionate kisser.

Post Likes
    Get a Toe Jack. I carry one on my van all the time.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    Get a Toe Jack. I carry one on my van all the time.
    that is awesome, ive never heard of that before. you good sir are a man among men.

would i be able to pick one of these from a auto place, napa/autozone etc.. seems it would be pricey to ship

would you be able to use these without the toe on it ?
    You can't kiss death without it kissing you back. Death is a passionate kisser.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by marter View Post
    that is awesome, ive never heard of that before. you good sir are a man among men.

would i be able to pick one of these from a auto place, napa/autozone etc.. seems it would be pricey to ship

would you be able to use these without the toe on it ?
    Northern Tool and Equipment carries them. I see there are a few around your neck of the woods. Yes, you can use the head, in addition to the toe. Great tool.

http://www.northerntool.com/stores/SouthCarolina.htm
    With your chrome heart shining in the sun, long may you run.

Post Likes
    Johnson Bar's and blocks of wood work also. But you need a lot of room to use a J-bar.

Post Likes
    Thanks as well! Never saw a toe jack before, gonna get me a couple.

Post Likes
    motorcycle jacks work good if you have room, wide platform helps keep equipment stable

Post Likes
    Engine hoist :P

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in