+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forgot to change filter

Post Likes

Forgot to change filter

We pulled this furnace yesterday and I'm guessing the filter is original.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346181358.301222.jpg
Views: 3405
Size:  38.5 KB

Post Likes
    Thats standard for rental property's. If you sent a noob AC Tech out thier he would have dumped gas in the AC Till the Magic Number on the gauge.

Did you upsell a filter system?

Post Likes
    Yep it's a rental and with the filter In the cabinet that's even worse. It was pretty bad lol, good thing they upgraded to a 4" pleat

Palm Desert home, Bear Valley Springs home & Maui condo
    Post Likes
    That's the optional MERV 200 filter

Post Likes
    Well, you need to look at this from the tenants point of view. "Why should I invest .99 cents every month for a filter, do you think I'm made out of money". I come across this all to often, but it does make for a quick service call.

Post Likes
    This guy never has service done, being a reliable old standing pilot I'm sure its been awhile. We are replacing 2 furnaces and adding ac plus 4" pleats.

Post Likes
    a 4 inch filter is a call back in the making. if they wont spend money on a poly filter found anywhere you know they wont spend money or time trying to find a 4 incher

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tlp7 View Post
    a 4 inch filter is a call back in the making. if they wont spend money on a poly filter found anywhere you know they wont spend money or time trying to find a 4 incher
    We always give them spares, it's better than a 1" that will be plugged in 3 months atleast

Post Likes
    At least you were able to get it out and in one piece. Been on a couple so far that the filter has disintegrated against the evaporator and came out in pieces usually with the middle gone.

Post Likes
    Went to do work on a rental home system and the ternant was very handy, he had gotten tired of changing filters so he decided to replace the filter with a 20X25 plywood board. I couldn't believe it and neither did my boss and the landlord. the guy actually thought he had a good idea, was actually wondering why he had poor air flow and a frozen up system.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by precision hvac View Post
    That's the optional MERV 200 filter
    America; first we fight for our freedom,
    then we make laws to take it away.

-Alfred E Newman

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by marshalmechanical View Post
    Went to do work on a rental home system and the ternant was very handy, he had gotten tired of changing filters so he decided to replace the filter with a 20X25 plywood board. I couldn't believe it and neither did my boss and the landlord. the guy actually thought he had a good idea, was actually wondering why he had poor air flow and a frozen up system.
    Hey don't knock it. It worked I bet no dirt made it through haha. That reminds me of my brother in law that worked at a Honda dealer. He had a customer come in pissed off because when he drove his four-wheeler underwater water would get in the airbox. He wanted to fix it with a water tight airbox.

Post Likes
    some people will always remain special

Post Likes
    [QUOTE=OldSchoolMech;14073891]Thats standard for rental property's. If you sent a noob AC Tech out thier he would have dumped gas in the AC Till the Magic Number on the gauge.
    QUOTE]

Are you saying I need new guages? longer hoses will help I bet.
    or bump up the speed on the blower!
    Why do I only get a HVAC license when reality is I'm a plumber, electrician, counselor and financial expert once I'm working on someone's equipment?

Post Likes
    Whats the problem. my filter looks just like that. you guys are to picky. LOL

Post Likes
    You know what happens when u go to a house and they have a plugged filter. you thank them for having a filter. some times they dont have one and then it ends up being a coil and blower cleaning. Yuk! and after a cleaning you end up smelling horrid! cat or dog and tabacco smell and its not like you can refuse its ur duty unfortunetly
    Get er Done!

Do what has to be done
    when it has to be done
    as well as it has to be done
    And doing it all the time.

Post Likes
    The other furnace
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348444355.820978.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  31.8 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by oregonhvac View Post
    Well, you need to look at this from the tenants point of view. "Why should I invest .99 cents every month for a filter, do you think I'm made out of money". I come across this all to often, but it does make for a quick service call.
    Most of the time they just take them out. It will last a summer w/o a filter installed.
    A-coil gets clogged, airflow is low through furnace then heat exchanger cracks.

Post Likes
    Lmao, thanks!
    Every post a gem!

Post Likes
    And this is one of the reasons I got into HVAC. I have rental property and tenants WILL NOT CHANGE FILTERS. I have had them call numerous times, low air flow, will not shut off. Plugged filters. I have tried to buy them and get them to change them out... NO. I have given them the filter size for them to buy them, NO... So every month or two I visit and change them out to protect the system. I hate cleaning coils! Besides it gives me an opportunity to check out the property while I'm in there.

CT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in