+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: KE2therm controller

Post Likes

KE2therm controller

has anyone else installed these controllers? I installed one a coupla weeks ago once it was set up it worked great

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Our Reno boys put two in last week, the word coming back is it delivers what they claim it will. Smart money.
    The views and opinions posted here are my own. They do not reflect the corporate policies of my employer and will most likely get me fired at some point.

Post Likes
    I like that it can be accessed on web

Post Likes
    There are various configurations possible, be mindful of what each customer actually needs or your Estimating will suffer.
    The views and opinions posted here are my own. They do not reflect the corporate policies of my employer and will most likely get me fired at some point.

Post Likes
    saw the first one Friday, another contractor replaced the paragon with it, box temp was high, evaporator partially iced, told the kitchen manager to call back whoever install it. I dont care for the ke2, is a pretty big coil for just two sensor, why re-invent the wheel?timers are fine.
    on-demand defrost devices came full of promises and were all yanked out, the ke2 will follow.

Post Likes
    Either there is a system problem or they never bothered to find the cold spot in the evap.
    The system looks good IMO ...... Get used to gizmos like this.
    The old way will disappear soon.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Either there is a system problem or they never bothered to find the cold spot in the evap.
    The system looks good IMO ...... Get used to gizmos like this.
    The old way will disappear soon.
    every years somebody comes out with "the next best thing", I'm sick and tired of hearing the same sales pitch, "its going to save you so much money.....it pays itself in 2 month... blah blah blah and yet the proven conventional methods always prevails.
    The main function of a freezer is to preserve the food,energy savings aren't any good when the food spoils.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc

every years somebody comes out with "the next best thing", I'm sick and tired of hearing the same sales pitch, "its going to save you so much money.....it pays itself in 2 month... blah blah blah and yet the proven conventional methods always prevails.
    The main function of a freezer is to preserve the food,energy savings aren't any good when the food spoils.
    Get used to it.

Energy conservation and management programs and equipment is here to stay.

Either learn to deal with it or find a new line of work.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    I would never sell this KE2 as an energy saver.

I see it as maintaining a better temp under different loads with remote monitoring and diagnostics.

I hate all this energy star and pushing this energy conservation beyond all reason in a place where as you know it don't work.

I seen plenty of crap too but the KE2 looks solid IMO
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    I put my first one in last night. Tomorrow I'll see about hooking it up to the customer's internet. Need to give it a month or so to see how it does over time, but when I visited the location this morning things were looking good so far. If this device truly functions as advertised, it's a game-changer for Pubs, CStores, and Restaurants. Any customer with single-system Walk-Ins.

Post Likes

KE2 Therm controller

Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    saw the first one Friday, another contractor replaced the paragon with it, box temp was high, evaporator partially iced, told the kitchen manager to call back whoever install it. I dont care for the ke2, is a pretty big coil for just two sensor, why re-invent the wheel?timers are fine.
    on-demand defrost devices came full of promises and were all yanked out, the ke2 will follow.
    Itsiceman hit the nail on the head. On large coils there may be two locations that seem to maintain ice, usually in the corners. The KE2 unit has the ability to have 2 coil sensors (or 2 air sensors). The 2 coil sensors should mounted in the worst locations and the defrost will not terminate until both locations reach termination temperature and are ice free. Timers, of course, will start a defrost on a schedule even if the coil needs one sooner. The KE2 will start a defrost only when needed, more often when load or door openings increase and fewer when load drops.
    In an infinite universe, not only are all things possible, all things are necessary

Post Likes
    Giving it Network Access is sorta on hold for now, but it's still a really slick little doodad....

Post Likes
    Took this pic yesterday afternoon. I hit Print and penciled in redlines where the Defrosts would've been with the old 4x30 schedule. This unit has been online 11 days.

Far as I'm concerned, the KE2Therm is NOT snakeoil. It delivers as promised.

Post Likes
    I installed one last week for the first time for a new 1200 sqft freezer. Start up and commissioning next week.

It better work is all I can say.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RuralSpaceman View Post
    I installed one last week for the first time for a new 1200 sqft freezer. Start up and commissioning next week.

It better work is all I can say.
    How far did you guys go? The unit I installed was pretty bare-bones, no Superheat kit, no electronic valve, no network yet.

Post Likes
    We put in the press transducer and temp sensor for SH calculation and an EEV, coil and air sensors too of course. Once it's up, I think the customer will go for the network connection so they can check on it remotely.

We chose KE2 Therm for the improved defrost management. Most of the year in British Columbia is wet and figured this may help keep equipment better defrosted and improve reliability.

Post Likes
    We have talked about installing some of these on some of our boxes, very interesting feedback so far. Keep us all informed of how it goes!

Post Likes
    We put in the press transducer and temp sensor for SH calculation and an EEV, coil and air sensors too of course. Once it's up, I think the customer will go for the network connection so they can check on it remotely.

We chose KE2 Therm for the improved defrost management. Most of the year in British Columbia is wet and figured this may help keep equipment better defrosted and improve reliability.
    How did this work out for you? Do you have any questions?
    In an infinite universe, not only are all things possible, all things are necessary

Post Likes

It's been a month, bud. How are things going?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in