Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ohouse, is ready for install next week! thax everyone

Post Likes
    Should have spent the extra cash on Trane Clean Effects air filter,Used a Integrated t-stat with discharge sensor for better control of vspeed fan.

I always make all low volt connections inside equipment.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dagreene View Post
    Used a Integrated t-stat with discharge sensor for better control of vspeed fan..
    What stat is this, and how can this work on Trane?

I am not aware of control of VS fan, other than the humidity control like IAQ that will slow down the blower in A/C mode.

Only discharge sensor I am aware of is if you do a zone set up.

Post Likes
    Hi dagreene,

actually I did consider Trane clean effect and other similar type at my other thread ... but decided on the 4" media.

Should have spent the extra cash on Trane Clean Effects air filter,Used a Integrated t-stat with discharge sensor for better control of vspeed fan.

I always make all low volt connections inside equipment.

Post Likes

note #9

Quote Originally Posted by mayguy View Post
    It's on the furnace itself, installer read NOTE #9 on back of the blower door, talks about the jumper.
    optional humidstat is to be connected between the "R" and "BK". Factory installed jumper "R" to "BK" on the circuit board must be cut if optional humidstat is used. .....I am lost I actually don't have humidifier so I guess I don't need humidstat. btw, I guess there is reason it's behind the blower door I guess if I don't know how to explain it I don't think the install will know what I want

How big is your home and age??
    about 2000 sq/ft age 37 which was the age of the previous Rheem furnace (RIP) it was probably 40% vs this one which is 95%!!

Post Likes
    What stat is this, and how can this work on Trane?

I am not aware of control of VS fan, other than the humidity control like IAQ that will slow down the blower in A/C mode.

Only discharge sensor I am aware of is if you do a zone set up.
    Trane has an itegrated zone control that can be set up for zoning or stand alone single zone very similar to the harmony panel. I'll get the model tomorrow

Post Likes
    Trane has an itegrated zone control that can be set up for zoning or stand alone single zone very similar to the harmony panel. I'll get the model tomorrow
    Also found a DDC controller to control most ECM using 2-10v to PWM

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohouse View Post
    optional humidstat is to be connected between the "R" and "BK". Factory installed jumper "R" to "BK" on the circuit board must be cut if optional humidstat is used. .....I am lost I actually don't have humidifier so I guess I don't need humidstat.
    If you keep reading that towards the end, it talks about the jumper for the blower profile.

[/quote]about 2000 sq/ft age 37 which was the age of the previous Rheem furnace (RIP) it was probably 40% vs this one which is 95%!![/QUOTE]
    Are the windows updated? My guts are saying you may have an oversized A/C... but if the Manual-J says that what you need, guess it's right.

Post Likes
    Also found a DDC controller to control most ECM using 2-10v to PWM
    So, this will work in heating?? And what is the ideal behind that if it's on a single zone, I can see why in a mutli zone cuz the duct size are a lot smaller and to prevent over heating.

Post Likes
    I'll read the rest of HVAC text on the back panel. wish my installer would just do it for me.

before I read all that text tonight, what DOES this blower profile do? benefit? it's not going to burn my house down is it

last night I did notice the 40% VS fan going after the compressor outside stopped, so I assume the comfort-R is enabled. The install will return next week to finish the job. I'll post the finish photo here.

have a nice weekend,

If you keep reading that towards the end, it talks about the jumper for the blower profile.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohouse View Post
    what DOES this blower profile do? benefit?
    With out the jumper wire, the blower will run 50% for 1 1/2 min, then goes right to 100% speed. it will run 50% speed after a/c shuts off for 2 min.

With the jumper, the blower will run 50% for 1 1/2 min, then go to 80% speed for humidity removal for 7 1/2 min, then 100% speed. and 50% after a/c shuts off for 2 min.

it's not going to burn my house down is it
    Oh no... it won't.. You just don't get the full Comfort-R profile.

Post Likes

how much condensation will return?

I know the vent out pip is pitch toward the furance, I was told the condensation will flow back and follow the drain into my sub pumps.

Is this suppose to have constant flow of condensation in the winter time? I am have a Bay termination install, so hope that will look nice and keep the birds away :-) try to get an idea on just how much condensation/water will flow back into the house.

Post Likes

Thumbs up Completed!

I was hoping they would test the static pressure when they are done, the sale person say they would. oh well, but everything looks clean seem to function well.

Another happy customer! I guess I'll have to call the other installer and tell them I don't need a new furnace, just maintenances.

btw, have you (HO or PRO) heard of monthly charge fee which include 2 visit per year and better scheduling for HVAC maintenances? it's priced much better than the individual visit, I usual the usual $$ per visit quote for maint.
    Last edited by Ohouse; 08-12-2008 at 03:27 PM. Reason: add front side view.

Post Likes
    Looks like they did a very good job!

Yes, you want the pipe to pitch back to the furnace, otherwise, there will be TONS of ice/water outside in the winter.. How much water?? Guess I never measure mine..

Did you get the side view of the return? Looks like they made it bigger going up?

Looks like the pipes should have more support going between the joist.. Over time the pipe may sag. Looks like it's only resting on the gas or water line..

Post Likes
    Guess there is no inspection there.
    Looks too close to electrical meter.
    Disconnect not easily accessible without touching unit either.

Post Likes
    Looks like they did a very good job!
    Did you get the side view of the return? Looks like they made it bigger going up?
    I attached the photo from the side view, and the back of right side. I guess I should stay with 1" filter...by going with 4" it makes the bottom of return wider. A closer look you can see he try to "fit" in the return. Do you think I should apply tape where the metal sheet meet?

Looks like the pipes should have more support going between the joist.. Over time the pipe may sag. Looks like it's only resting on the gas or water line..
    I ran to the basement and realize it's because the way things line up on my camera. The pipe is not rest on the gas pipe. How much support does the 3" PVC pipe need... every 1 or 2 ft? Also, from previous post you say the gas pipe should be black pipe. Why is that? I look around the house notice they are not that color. Maybe because the age of the house?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere
    Guess there is no inspection there.
    Looks too close to electrical meter.
    Disconnect not easily accessible without touching unit either.
    beenthere, no inspection is done. once again, I think the way I took the photo it appears to be very close to electrical meter. There are about 2ft between the wall and the unit. well... I guess depend on the size of service person

I am looking forward enjoy the comfort temperature and air
    Last edited by Ohouse; 08-12-2008 at 09:16 PM. Reason: add another one to show front side.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in