+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HHO Fireplace won't stay lit....

Post Likes
    JL,

I'll have to look into that. I think the R&D dept has some thinking to do.

Post Likes
    what about "thinning" the gas with compressed air?

Post Likes

Red face

Hcl will eat the washers sepaerating the SS plates wont it unless the "Plastic" is actualy Teflon or equivalent right?? and wont it start to corrode the SS or is it too diluted to affect anything??? you can find Hcl Where... Car Batteries or is that Sulferic acid??? i cant remebmer

and thining the gas with compressed air wont that lean it out too much???

Post Likes
    and thining the gas with compressed air wont that lean it out too much???
    I don't know JL. I'm thinking of an adjustable rate of compressed air. It will have to be massaged of course. I don't know, I'm just shooting from the hip here, but I think the conversation is heading in the right direction.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Learning View Post
    Hcl will eat the washers sepaerating the SS plates wont it unless the "Plastic" is actualy Teflon or equivalent right?? and wont it start to corrode the SS or is it too diluted to affect anything??? you can find Hcl Where... Car Batteries or is that Sulferic acid??? i cant remebmer
    Good point JL, I know that hcl increases the fracturing process, but I'm not having a problem with that process. I have plenty of HHO gas from plain tap water with 3cc's of table salt, there's virtually no residue from the electrolyte. With plenty of gas and a good flame, I just want better control of the output. To extend the life of one lb of fractured water will allow for a greater more efficient harvest of it's available energy which as far as I can tell is somewhere in the 52-55kbtu/lb... at 8.3lbs/gal that's roughly 431,600btus/gal...... that might get a mention on the evening news eh?

Post Likes
    Heh thats quite a bit there are what 91,500 Btu's in one gal of propane and propane (so I've been told) burns hotter than Natural gas so thats very good
    and its worth a spot on the news lol

Well i guess the only way i can relate to extending the life of a fuel source is comparing it to a car as cars got newer and newer the manufactures started to "lean" out the Air/ Fuel mixture Ratio to increase fuel mileage what about introducing Pure Oxygen into the system in Minute amounts to get more complete combustion unless the combustion is allready at 100% ??
    Last edited by Just Learning; 02-21-2007 at 11:38 PM.

Post Likes
    I thought about that, but pure o2 is explosive..... I don't think that will help hehe!

Post Likes
    what about Nitrous Oxide?? mabey little less explosive i think

*EDIT*
    Course that may be a little "Outside" the box lol
    Last edited by Just Learning; 02-22-2007 at 12:10 AM.

Post Likes

another fun fact...

Quote Originally Posted by Just Learning View Post
    what about introducing Pure Oxygen into the system
    im almost positive that the + and - electrodes emit the gas bubbles sepreate from eachother...ie: + = H and - = O (could be the the other way around) but if u can capture some of the O bubbles sepreately than you would have a source of pure oxygen. but like you said it's too explosive and wont help, guess this is jus one of those threads that makes me feel the need to add my stupid .02 my apologies...

Post Likes
    no apologies necessary Tj

This is the reason for the thread.... to help solve the ultimate energy question... HHOw to solve the world's energy problem.

thanks for the input... yes it is H+, O- ; )

Post Likes

congratulations

Wow, congralutations.

As distributor in the chimneyfree segment I am very interested.

Get your patent soon and please contact me.

Maybe I can help you with getting it produced or in any way I want to sell in Europe.

Succes and keep me posted.

Post Likes
    Well guys if you want to find ways to improve your HHO production goto the YAHOO groups and look for the following groups "watercar" "hydroxy" and "workingwatercar" somebody over in one of the groups has the same idea as you do but if you mention that you have done this project just be ready to prove it because over in these groups a picture is worth it weight in gold or better yet black gold and one sure way to be accepted into the groups is during signup mention about converting a stove to run on HHO. Most of the senior guys are helpful in solving problems, who knows you might find ways to increase you production. Also what valves did you use for your conversion I am thinking of doing the same thing.

Post Likes

What's the point of your post?

So, let me get this straight: you are a mad scientist experimenting on experimental fuel technology bragging to everyone in the world you modified a listed appliance then go into great detail on an HVAC chat forum discussing R&D level topics that normally would be kept tightly guarded behind closed doors. Discussion of such information outside even the inner sanctum of an R&D dept. such as Heat&Glo's would constitute industrial espionage if you were working for a mfr. As a solo act, you are ruining any chance of gaining a patent for your invention now that you have blabbed here on the net.
    What was the purpose of your post here? To impress us with your knowledge and brilliance?

For the record, the HG Aqueon worked all three days at EXPO. The reason it was discontinued was simple supply and demand. The sale price started at $50K and hit $70K by the time the third and last one was sold.

Hearthman

Post Likes
    the patent is why the cars we drive get horrible gas milage.

and the oil companys have us by the cashews.

I have been experamenting with this for a few months now also.
    all my vehicles are getting over 100 more miles per tank fill, and there is no HHO being used (yet).
    Leak lock is not for plumbers

Post Likes
    found out with my reserch,

a 5 litre per min generator can run a 250cc engine to power a vehicle up to 60 mph.

my Idea for suplamental heating in my own home. or remote area.

find a liquid cooled engine.
    run the engine off HHO. the engine will power a generator head. this will keep the battery charged for the hho generator.
    the heat from the engine will supply some heat for the shanty.
    the timing will need to be adjust because of the different properties of the fuel.

I just need to find a small engine this on the test bench.
    looking for a 4 stroke 50cc or 100cc test engine

I built a smack booster, (generator) puts out 1.7 litre per min,
    using a PWM to control curent heat and gas production.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by u8at711 View Post
    my Idea for suplamental heating in my own home. or remote area.

find a liquid cooled engine.
    run the engine off HHO. the engine will power a generator head. this will keep the battery charged for the hho generator.
    the heat from the engine will supply some heat for the shanty.
    the timing will need to be adjust because of the different properties of the fuel.
    Cute idea, but since it will take more energy to generate the HHO than you will get out of it as fuel for the engine, the battery will be drained faster than it can be charged.

Even if 100% of the energy from combustion was somehow converted to mechanical energy to drive the generator, and 100% of the energy driving the generator was converted to electrical energy to charge the battery, and 100% of the energy from the battery resulted in HHO production, the battery would still be drained.

As for the HHO powered cars, they are kinda cool, and I'm sure they are fun projects, but the reality is that it would be more efficient to ditch the HHO generator and the combustion engine, and use the batteries to run an electric motor to power the car.

Post Likes
    Check this out: http://www.hydro4000.com/
    I've been following a thread on another forum, a few of the guys there have installed this system with pretty impressive results. Granted, the hydro400 doesn't completely replace asoline, but is used in addition to regular fuel to get increased mileage. The electrolysis process gets the energy from the car battery and alternator, utilizing power that's already available.
    "Punctuation and capitalization is the difference between: Helping your Uncle, Jack, off a horse. And: helping your uncle jack off a horse"
    ---
    If Mexicans will do the jobs Americans won't do, will they secure our borders?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jay302 View Post
    The electrolysis process gets the energy from the car battery and alternator, utilizing power that's already available.
    Bit of a misconception there, increasing the electrical load on the alternator increases the mechanical load on the engine, so no free lunch there.

HHO injection is interesting, but I'd like to see more actual science, objective testing, and info on the long term effects on the engines.

And lets never forget that people enthusiastically reported some relatively rediculous fuel saving numbers from placing special magnets on their fuel lines. Some persisted even after all objective testing showed the magnets to do nothing...

Post Likes
    those results don't look that good, I'm already getting that with paint thinner.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    It takes more energy to crack the water into HHO gas than you get from burning the gas.
    Its cool and all, but not very efficient.

As for the "water powered" HHO burning cars. Its funny how they never show the massive load of batteries stuffed into the car, or talk about how long it takes or how much energy is used to charge the batteries.
    I am about to patent the perpetual lamp. I got a flashlight aimed at some photovoltaics and the photovoltaics power the flashlight

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in