+ Reply to Thread

Thread: micron guage

somewhere out there in hvac land far far away
    Post Likes

micron guage

I have a old supco micron guage, looking to upgrade been looking at a jb and infinicon . Any problems with these. The yellow jacket in the hard case looks nice but pricey.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    The JB is terrible, I went with the Yellow Jacket, it is the most reliable on the market. Most of the techs at the company I work for use them on anything from small RTU's up to big Centrifugals. Just keep the oil out of the sensor.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    BluVac beats all of those, and is on sale at Truetechtools.
    X2

Post Likes
    yellow jacket is my choice.....
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

Orange County, in a Galaxy far far away...
    Post Likes
    Blue vac is very nice, I hear lots of good things about them. Yellow jacket with the blue hard case is what I have and it's excellent.
    Shop around and chat to supply houses, you can get them for $285 ish.
    Once you get to see a 500 micron vacuum you're wondering why isn't everyone doing it?

Post Likes
    Yellow jacket for me also

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    In the past I just felt like these things were disposable. Just had the worse of luck with digital micron gauges. Owned probably seven from numerous different YJ models (not bad), the gray Supco (longest lasting of the bunch), JB (crap), Robinaire (crap), etc. They would do great for a season, then just get unreliable, erratic, or just die. I would do the whole alcohol cleansing ritual and wish for the resurrection to take place, but just ended up throwing them in a box. Went back to my old true Thermal Engineering, which never let me down until last season when I dropped it off a roof.
    I read all about the BlueVac and all the hoopla and ado here in the tool section and decided to give that a try. I liked the fact the owner is a member here on the site that he cares about his product and stands by it. Kind of like FieldPiece or DigiCool, I may not be the biggest fan of their product, but since the main guys are here in the forums and support us all on a personal level, I will purchase their product over another. So purchased it and found that I was taken to a whole new dimension of the world of vacuum. I think it is a marvelous and ingenious device, and thoroughly love actually seeing what is going on as for the entire scope of the vacuum process. Now how long it lasts, time will only tell, going on 8 months and use it heavily year round in refrigeration.....so knock on wood.

Post Likes
    Is the Field Piece vacuum meter a good tool and accurate? I need a new tool.

I used Fredricks meters & probes in the past for high vac work on cryogenic equipment. Little overkill for use here. I regularly pulled vacuums to 10 microns with my Edwards pump, dow corning vacuum grease & large diameter hoses wrapped around pipe nipples screwed into large valves on the tanks. But I need something for refrigeration repairs work.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in