Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: Help! I am in serious trouble!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by WorryWart View Post
    Okay, I guess we've pretty much established that I suck at making decisions and shouldn't be trusted with money. :-(

That being said, and given the installation pictured and my noise problems, where do I go from here? You don't know me, where I live, or who installed the baby, so I hope you won't feel too much professional compunction to be honest.

An itemized list of what to do in your professional opinion would be soooo helpful (and I do realize that I have taken up too much of your Friday night already). Maybe you can use me as a cautionary tale someday.
    Alot of the homeowners on this site are in the same boat as you. They come on here looking for advise and we give it to them....some worse than others. You never have to worry about getting anything but the strait poop from us. I have to be honest, if one of our guys did an install like that....they would be back out there the next day re-doing the whole thing.

If you search around on this site you will see that the overall consensus is that the equipment brand is the least important part of it....it's the install that matters the most. How long do you think your car would last if they installed your engine in wrong?

Now, that's enough scolding from me...you are unfortunately going to learn your lesson on this one.

Do you have any very good and reputable companies in your area?
    I need a new signature.....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    How would you guys like to have to replace the blower motor on this?

I wouldn't even want to try and test the capacitor on that one!

Where does the filter go??

Post Likes
    No, although I guess I wish he had. What you guys are basically saying is I'm screwed (sorry for the crudeness), right? Nothing to do about any of it then?

Honestly on a scale from 1-10 and ten being the best "personally" I would rate
    this whole install at a 3 and I am being generous.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble" ~ Mr. Bill

"Remember "Pro" is only a name, it's not always a mindset determined to do everything correctly" ~ Mr. Bill

Post Likes
    Twilli says leave it to the Vols
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Post Likes
    By the way Wart.....with your pictures posted up here....there are going to be ALOT of people who will start ripping that install to pieces. Don't take it personally and have some thick skin about it. Many times we can be pretty relentless on here....but you caught a few of us on a good night.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by I_bend_metal View Post
    Alot of the homeowners on this site are in the same boat as you. They come on here looking for advise and we give it to them....some worse than others. You never have to worry about getting anything but the strait poop from us. I have to be honest, if one of our guys did an install like that....they would be back out there the next day re-doing the whole thing.

If you search around on this site you will see that the overall consensus is that the equipment brand is the least important part of it....it's the install that matters the most. How long do you think your car would last if they installed your engine in wrong?

Now, that's enough scolding from me...you are unfortunately going to learn your lesson on this one.

Do you have any very good and reputable companies in your area?
    Thank you, I appreciate the honesty, and I suspected as much. It was just that the budget pressure out there is pretty intense, as we all know.

Well, no national companies around (other than Home Depot)...we live in a smallish town. Probably some companies in Knoxville. Would another company be willing to come out and mop up?

Post Likes
    Twilli says Gore Heating and Air

Post Likes
    Looks like you got one of the special GSH13 heat pumps marked with a Copeland scroll sticker!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    Looks like you got one of the special GSH13 heat pumps marked with a Copeland scroll sticker!
    Uh-oh....I have a feeling that isn't a good thing.

Post Likes
    Is Twilli being serious or is that a joke?? Sometimes it's hard to tell! LOL

Post Likes
    you arent totaly screwwed yet

were permots pulled and if so get your inspections most will be picked up on

talk to the guy and explain you arent happy and want some changes made

low ball isnt your real problem imo ( i am going to get slamed for that lol)

you found a guy that doesnt take pride or doesnt know better. That has nothing to do with price.

those lines do need to be move so the blower can be serviced along with other things mentioned

Post Likes
    Would another company be willing to come out and mop up?
    Why would you have to call anyone else? this should be corrected by the folks that installed this, you just had it installed, be honest with us did a real a/c and heating company do this or a friend? we are not going to slam you it would not be the first time.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble" ~ Mr. Bill

"Remember "Pro" is only a name, it's not always a mindset determined to do everything correctly" ~ Mr. Bill

Post Likes
    Twilli says its definately a Gore job

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNrGhekg8GI

Post Likes
    Uh-oh....I have a feeling that isn't a good thing.
    It could be if you actually got the scroll compressor, but GSH13 heat pumps typically come with a reciprocating compressor unless they've changed that. It could be a good thing, or it could just be a trivial mistake by the factory staff. This is the least of your problems. Sorry I pointed it out...

I sense a long thread coming...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    Why would you have to call anyone else? this should be corrected by the folks that installed this, you just had it installed, be honest with us did a real a/c and heating company do this or a friend? we are not going to slam you it would not be the first time.
    No, honestly it was an A/C "company" that has done a lot of work in our neighborhood...although admittedly it is a small outfit and I suspect the owner/operator does most of the work and hires a small crew as necessary. He's been in business for at least 15-20 years (has done heat pumps for neighbors). It's a small-town area and he's a good old boy.

Coulda, shoulda, woulda...

Post Likes
    No, honestly it was an A/C "company" that has done a lot of work in our neighborhood...although admittedly it is a small outfit and I suspect the owner/operator does most of the work and hires a small crew as necessary. He's been in business for at least 15-20 years (has done heat pumps for neighbors). It's a small-town area and he's a good old boy.

Coulda, shoulda, woulda...

did he do the work or one of his crews

call him and explain your concerns if he does a lot of work there then he also knows you can cost him more if you arent happy

you are still in control

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tinknocker service tech View Post
    you arent totaly screwwed yet

were permots pulled and if so get your inspections most will be picked up on

talk to the guy and explain you arent happy and want some changes made

low ball isnt your real problem imo ( i am going to get slamed for that lol)

you found a guy that doesnt take pride or doesnt know better. That has nothing to do with price.

those lines do need to be move so the blower can be serviced along with other things mentioned
    We live in a small town in Tennessee, so permits are never pulled. :-) Perhaps if they were...

If he doesn't take pride, then unfortunately I have to know enough to hold his feet to the fire on every single issue. That's tough for me (don't know a thing)

My concern is the "doesn't know better" part. If he doesn't, then what?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    It could be if you actually got the scroll compressor, but GSH13 heat pumps typically come with a reciprocating compressor unless they've changed that. It could be a good thing, or it could just be a trivial mistake by the factory staff. This is the least of your problems. Sorry I pointed it out...

I sense a long thread coming...
    Scrolls on GSH013 over 3 tons.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tinknocker service tech View Post
    did he do the work or one of his crews

call him and explain your concerns if he does a lot of work there then he also knows you can cost him more if you arent happy

you are still in control
    His crew did the work, but then he came and "inspected" it afterward and I guess he deemed it acceptable. Of course, it was 9 at night before he came, but that's no excuse. I'm guessing he saw those cut corners and didn't say a thing.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by captube View Post
    Scrolls on GSH013 over 3 tons.
    Those who have worked on Goodmans...is this a problem and could it contribute to the sound issue?

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in