+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How Green Are you?

Post Likes
    My personal methane production is up 22% over last year and I flush my radiator and change my oil over the storm drain in front of my house...oh...and I haven't turned off a light in my house in 26 years. You'd be surprised how many recipes there are for spotted owl and delta smelt...
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

Post Likes
    I'm "green" enough, to use some forms of "green" energy (or whatever), that save me green..
    What I'm not green enough for, is spending money for the sole purpose of enviromental concern.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Post Likes
    Saw a drop dead gorgeous woman with a grotesque looking guy the other day.
    I was green with envy.

Post Likes
    The green liberals are all BS! Anyone that is green for the sake of being green is just stupid. That said, I have a solar PV electric plant on my roof, drive two Prius, have an Infinity HVAC system and added 20" of blown fiberglass into my attic - but I am not green. I did these things all based on economics.

The solar plant (thanks to rebates and SRECs) paid for itself in under four years and now kicks off about $9,000 to me a year. The two Prius are 2002 and I bought thm in 2005 and 2006 when gas was cheap and nobody wanted them. The Infinity was added a year ago when the state, the feds, the contractor, and Carrier all subsidized it, and the insulation was done for my comfort.

Post Likes
    I was pretty green after a late night of drinking last Friday.

I however do dump all my vacuum pump oil back into the ground, to recycle it. that is after all were it came from to begin with.

It all started with that damn Indian in the 70's, he was crying because someone threw litter on the highway, once upon a time known as the freeway before lefty green turds got control.

Sometimes early in the mornings on recycling days I like to drive down residential streets and run over all there blue and green recycling tubs.
    If common sense is so common how come so few of us have it!

Post Likes
    I'm not green, don't do anything to be green, but I've started stopping at green lights in stead of red.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by secorp View Post

It all started with that damn Indian in the 70's, he was crying because someone threw litter on the highway, once upon a time known as the freeway before lefty green turds got control.
    The funny thing is that the actor for that role wasn't even Indian- He was Italian!

// Not kidding, it was entirely staged

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kirbinster View Post
    The green liberals are all BS! Anyone that is green for the sake of being green is just stupid. That said, I have a solar PV electric plant on my roof, drive two Prius, have an Infinity HVAC system and added 20" of blown fiberglass into my attic - but I am not green. I did these things all based on economics.

The solar plant (thanks to rebates and SRECs) paid for itself in under four years and now kicks off about $9,000 to me a year. The two Prius are 2002 and I bought thm in 2005 and 2006 when gas was cheap and nobody wanted them. The Infinity was added a year ago when the state, the feds, the contractor, and Carrier all subsidized it, and the insulation was done for my comfort.
    Your welcome for all the stuff we've bought you!!!
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BACnet View Post
    The funny thing is that the actor for that role wasn't even Indian- He was Italian!

I did not know that, my tribes Chief and the council were all excited when it happened.
    If common sense is so common how come so few of us have it!

Post Likes

Post Likes
    i ride a buggy drawn by horse use a hand crank vacuum pump run old refrigerant through sediment filter and reuse dont have lights in my house or plumbing thats how green i am NOT i forgot i capture old refrigerant in large ziploc bag with hole in bottom

Post Likes
    "going green" means you empty your wallet of Money.

I have a cabin in the Adirondacks that is "Green" sort of.

The Cabin is completely off grid.

I get power from a 1964 single cylinder Lister 4000w Diesel generator (heats a 40 gallon hot water heater and charge batteries and runs for about 4 hours on a half a gallon of deisel) 75watts of solar panels that charge the batteries. The batteries are two 6v golf cart batteries in series that puts out 12v. The batteries run the house through a 1500w inverter. They also run the 12v water pump and the 12v Macerator pump. The refrigerator is a 1954(est) Servel Propane. The stove is also propane.

I wanted to take my home off grid, with Grid tie in. estimated cost of going solar........drum roll, $70,000.....not real cost effective with a ROI of about 40 years

So as you can see going green is kinda waste of time and money.

Even with a Hybrid system of Wind and Solar, it's stupid expensive to "go green"
    Why am I the only naked person at this gender reveal party

Post Likes
    You guys are sure right about how expensive some of the alternatives are, especially the solar stuff. Only rich folks could afford a lot of that stuff. And with decades long paybacks, even if you were still alive, it would be in the junkyard way before then.

Post Likes
    I will just say my environmental habits have improved greatly in the last 30 years!
    May have been the crucifitions I heard and read about.
    My environmental footprint is now an environmental tiptoe.

Post Likes
    I'm green when it affects the green in my wallet. I'm on my second CNG car (first was a 97 Crown Vic, this is a bi-fuel 2000 Expedition). Do i drive CNG cars for the environment? Hell no... I drive them because CNG costs $1.33/gallon equivalent.

Wife drives a turbo diesel jetta... is it because it burns clean? No. it gets over 40mpg.. saving money.

Replaced my home water heater with an ultra efficient gas tankless... did I do it to conserve? no way - now it just means I can take showers 4 times as long, using 4 times the water...

Have proposed, drawn up, and contracted out/installed numerous energy efficiency upgrades at the hospital i work at... was any of it to save the environment? no, it was all to save on the millions of dollars we spend on gas and electricity...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by secorp View Post
    I did not know that, my tribes Chief and the council were all excited when it happened.
    He made a living playing an Indian in movies, but he was 100% Sicilian.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Eyes_Cody

Post Likes
    I am kinda curious as to what the Government/Auto manufactures are going to do in 4 to 6 years when these electric car batteries die off?

what do you do with a GIANT car battery when it dies?
    Why am I the only naked person at this gender reveal party

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    I am kinda curious as to what the Government/Auto manufactures are going to do in 4 to 6 years when these electric car batteries die off?

what do you do with a GIANT car battery when it dies?
    China will buy them for the lead, make toys out of em and ship em back here.

Post Likes
    Nah. Those batteries are Lithium Ion based. The libs will grind them up and feed them to all of their manic-depressive and bipolar friends.

Lithium As A Drug

Post Likes
    In all actuality, Li-Ion batteries are actually quite recyclable... and will be used to make... Li-Ion batteries. The problem, currently, is since most LiIon batteries are small in nature (laptops, cell phones, etc), the cost to handle/recycle them is higher than the value of the materials. However, when you up the size to car size, that economics changes, and I'm pretty certain it will become quite economical to recycle them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in