+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Mike Homes ripped out my solar system

Post Likes

Mike Homes ripped out my solar system

Just heard from the home owner so I haven't had a chance to see it yet. Seems he was doing a whole house reno and just ripped out the tank and piping and stuck it on the lawn........grrrrrrrr.....

Post Likes
    Nice! Too bad he won't be calling you to put it back in? Or better yet bash you of how badly it was put in....

Post Likes
    Solar systems suck!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    Nice! Too bad he won't be calling you to put it back in? Or better yet bash you of how badly it was put in....
    Mike won't but the home owner did and it was working fine. I have no idea what he will say when the show comes out, if anything. I should send Mikey a bill for replacing it.

Post Likes
    Mike, keep us posted in case there is a mention of your system in the show. I wanna see what kinda nonsense he can come up with

Post Likes
    Maybe there was roofing damage so it must be removed to effect other repairs. Don't jump to conclusions. Wait for facts. You can bill him for replacement only if you do the work. Until then, why not wait and see what comes of it all. BTW, there is an 'L' in his name: Mike Holmes

Post Likes
    This a job he's doing for his show? Since it's in the yard not a dumpster, maybe hearthman called it right.

Post Likes
    Wow now you will be famous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Lol, that guy is such a drama queen.
    I remember an episode where he went crazy because a furnace vent was terminated like 2 feet away from a condenser saying it could ignite raw gas causing an explosion and saying it was against the B149.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    I remember an episode where he went crazy because a furnace vent was terminated like 2 feet away from a condenser saying it could ignite raw gas causing an explosion and saying it was against the B149.
    LMAO. Fear sells!!

Post Likes
    I don't know any Canadian codes. Was it a violation, or not?

Post Likes
    No

Post Likes
    Owwwww...the managers whose properties I inspect call me "MIke Holmes"...I HOPE not because I'm a drama queen.

...alas, sigh, groan...I shall lose much sleep over this as he is one of my heroes... ;-)
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shaygetz View Post
    Owwwww...the managers whose properties I inspect call me "MIke Holmes"...I HOPE not because I'm a drama queen.

...alas, sigh, groan...I shall lose much sleep over this as he is one of my heroes... ;-)
    Look, the guy does great work. But his earlier tv work was "real" after a while he became all Hollywood.
    I have all his books, I do admire what he does, but he doesn't and can't know everything.

Post Likes
    He is arrogant and was so the couple of times I met him years ago. I know some of the guys that worked with him in the early years and they do good work but I haven't bothered to watch him for the last few. The panels are still on the roof and there is no problem there. It was just inside work.

Anyway, I going over on Monday and see what mess they wrought........

Post Likes
    Look, the guy does great work. But his earlier tv work was "real" after a while he became all Hollywood.
    I have all his books, I do admire what he does, but he doesn't and can't know everything.
    I figured as much...he fell quite a few notches with me because of that "America's Best Handyman" competition. That stuff I see on there would have me firing him for creating a dangerous work environment.
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

Post Likes
    If the system was pv, he did the ratepayers of ontario a favour.

Post Likes
    He has gotten full of himself telling his subs what is and is not about their trades such as quoting what is approved or not. I know his methods of flashing and masonry are what I remove and repair around here. He's done a lot of good but currently, he is so full of himself or caving in to pressures from his handlers that he has jumped the shark.

On that condenser clearance issue, are you sure that wasn't clearance to a gas regulator vent?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    He has gotten full of himself telling his subs what is and is not about their trades such as quoting what is approved or not. I know his methods of flashing and masonry are what I remove and repair around here. He's done a lot of good but currently, he is so full of himself or caving in to pressures from his handlers that he has jumped the shark.

On that condenser clearance issue, are you sure that wasn't clearance to a gas regulator vent?
    My neighbours were involved in that show in the beginning and they shook their heads at it. Seems he is pissing off a lot of people and they expect his bubble to burst.

Gas reg.....just extend the vent.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by amd View Post
    If the system was pv, he did the ratepayers of ontario a favour.
    What increase in power rates would you find acceptable to help build an industry AND get rid of coal (which is two of the goals)?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in