Thread: DUCANE w/ a RHEEM

Post Likes

Cool DUCANE w/ a RHEEM

As I dig deeper into the air conditioning world I have been told many times that brand name should not be the deciding factor in choosing a contractor. With that, I have finally settled on a contractor that will be installing a 3TON RHEEM SUPER QUIET 80 FURNACE with a 3 TON DUCANE OUTSIDE CONDENSER UNIT. The contractor says to go with the DUCANE because it is a smaller footprint outside since we live in a condo complex.

Question: As long as the equipment is the same size and effecency (3TON, 13 SEER ), there shouldn't be any issues with warranties or the function of the two different brands right??????????

AND........

Are the 2 condensing units (RHEEM and DUCANE) comparable?

Post Likes
    as long as they use a matching ducane evap coil it should be fine.

Post Likes
    The Ducane would be more comparable to the Rheem cube design, aka WeatherKing. No frills unit but should be OK. No reason you can't combine brands though as 527 said, gotta be a matching Ducane coil. Ducane coils would be same width as the Rheem furnace so no problem there.

Post Likes
    mmmmm

Post Likes
    Why not go Rheem all the way? Ducane is on the low end of the ladder. I'll bet there isn't but two or three inches difference in the footprints

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    Why not go Rheem all the way? Ducane is on the low end of the ladder. I'll bet there isn't but two or three inches difference in the footprints
    I agree 100%.Ducane are nothing but problems and rheems are really a good unit and service friendly.

Post Likes
    I would also go with the rheem, You can get the cube model which is usually 32''x32'' or so, it is comparable to any smaller footprint unit, If you get this in the R410A refirgerant , it will have a copeland scroll compressor with a 7 year warranty. Model # 13AJL-036.
    Last edited by aintitfun; 07-07-2008 at 10:24 PM. Reason: 1

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RDP View Post
    I agree 100%.Ducane are nothing but problems and rheems are really a good unit and service friendly.
    What have you been smoking? It takes twice as long to clean and get access to the components.

And I would challenge you to post some statistics to back up your claim that
    Ducane is a bad unit.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post
    What have you been smoking? It takes twice as long to clean and get access to the components.

And I would challenge you to post some statistics to back up your claim that
    Ducane is a bad unit.

Perhaps you can educate me on the technical terminology of "Sucks".
    Just what type of service do you perform to fix "Sucks"?
    Funny I don't remember saying sucks.I am a tech meaning I fix anything put in front of me.That is the kind of service I provide.If you have a hard time with a rheem then you must "suck" as a tech.CHEERS

Post Likes
    Why not go all Ducane then. They make a good furnace. I've installed them for close to twenty years . I can't remember ever getting a lemon. Condensers, I'll pass on.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RDP View Post
    Funny I don't remember saying sucks.I am a tech meaning I fix anything put in front of me.That is the kind of service I provide.If you have a hard time with a rheem then you must "suck" as a tech.CHEERS
    Where did you see sucks in my post. Take another look

Maybe you just added that to have some fun.

Post Likes
    Where did you see sucks in my post. Take another look

Maybe you just added that to have some fun.
    That little edit button is pretty fun ain't it.Besides I unlike some people I don't say anything once I won't repeat.

Post Likes
    Sorry I didn't quite get that.

Little punctuation might make that last statement more comprehendable.

Post Likes
    Sorry I didn't quite get that.

Little punctuation might make that last statement more comprehendable.
    Yea yea go whine some where else if you can't handle some one speaking the truth about a true hunk of junk.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in