+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Micron gauge question

Post Likes

Micron gauge question

Hey guys the company i work for has been using some micron gauges. We had the yellow jacket gauge with a cord and the sensor but the sensor seemed to have some issues so we got supco vg64 and they seem to work ok. I have been looking at getting myself one and i have looked around at a few diffrent ones and one that seems to grab my eye was the yellow jacket 69080, the round digital gauge. Anyone use them or have any recomendations that are good reliable micron gauge that wont cost an arm and a leg?

Post Likes
    I have a bluvac and love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Yellow jacket 69086

Best gauge for the dollar

Use it with an inline ball valve to keep sensor clean. If sensor does get dirty, clean the oil out with rubbing alcohol. If its really bad, you can buy just a new sensor, 69087 and replace

Always keep a spare sensor in the case. They are cheap, and will get you out of a jam.

It's a cheap, effective gauge, and replacing sensors is way cheaper than replacing an entire gauge

Post Likes
    We had the yellow jacket 69086 but the sensor and the wiring seemed to go bad. Thats why we changed to the supco. We ordered a new sensor but its still on back order or something

Post Likes
    If your careful with the sensors, they last a while, but yellow jacket always has sensors in stock, and they are cheap

I like the idea of replacing sensors far more than I like the idea of buying a new gauge

I have had very good luck with this gauge. Get the new sensor in and give it another try. Get a ball valve too, keep the sensor isolated until the system is in a deep vac, then open it. This will go a long way to prolong sensor life

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by wicat3 View Post
    Hey guys the company i work for has been using some micron gauges. We had the yellow jacket gauge with a cord and the sensor but the sensor seemed to have some issues so we got supco vg64 and they seem to work ok. I have been looking at getting myself one and i have looked around at a few diffrent ones and one that seems to grab my eye was the yellow jacket 69080, the round digital gauge. Anyone use them or have any recomendations that are good reliable micron gauge that wont cost an arm and a leg?
    Thermal 4501 has been the industry standard for more than 20 years, sometime ago I purchased the JB dv40 supernova and so far so good, would recommend both although Thermal is still my favorite.

Post Likes
    the thing the guys at work was looking at getting micron gauges they can clean but maybe ill get the yellow jacket and buy a nice case for it.

Do they make any cases for there gauge?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    Thermal 4501 has been the industry standard for more than 20 years, sometime ago I purchased the JB dv40 supernova and so far so good, would recommend both although Thermal is still my favorite.
    I had a Thermal for a LONG time (still have it somewhere.) Loved it, but it really didn't like cold temps. Hard to use a Vac Gauge that hates cold temps up here. I am still looking for the right one. My techs have everything from the JB DV's, BlueVacs, and YJ's. All of them have their issues. I agree that the Thermal was and still is good. But it too had its limitations.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in