Thread: Which Trane heat pump/air handler is better

Post Likes

Which Trane heat pump/air handler is better

I am having a complete system installed (have baseboard heat now). Original invoice for installation was for a Trane 4TWX6036B1 and a 4TEE3F40B1, upon delivery and beginning the installation the air handler has changed to a 4TEE3F39A1. There are telling me this is a better unit and cost more than the one on my original order so I am coming out ahead (these kinds of statements make me wonder if it is true). Is the 4TEE3F39A1 better than the 4TEE3F40B1? The unit will be installed in the garage and supplying air through the attic to each room. The numbers I can find lend to the original invoice as a better choice, as far as price I cannot find anything that list the 4TEE3F40B1 being cheaper that the 4TEE3F39A1, is it cheaper? Any help appreciated.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by capcas View Post
    I am having a complete system installed (have baseboard heat now). Original invoice for installation was for a Trane 4TWX6036B1 and a 4TEE3F40B1, upon delivery and beginning the installation the air handler has changed to a 4TEE3F39A1. There are telling me this is a better unit and cost more than the one on my original order so I am coming out ahead (these kinds of statements make me wonder if it is true). Is the 4TEE3F39A1 better than the 4TEE3F40B1? The unit will be installed in the garage and supplying air through the attic to each room. The numbers I can find lend to the original invoice as a better choice, as far as price I cannot find anything that list the 4TEE3F40B1 being cheaper that the 4TEE3F39A1, is it cheaper? Any help appreciated.
    The "40B1" air handler has better numbers.

4TWX6036B1 with 4TEE3F40B1 air handler:
    ARI# 1106628.
    36,800 btu cooling, 12.3 EER, 17 SEER, 33,200 btu heating at 47F, 9.2 HSPF, 22,200 btu heating at 17F.

Same condenser with 4TEE3F39A1 air handler:
    ARI# 1104192.
    35,200 btu cooling, 12.4 EER, 16.25 SEER, 30,000 btu heating at 47F, 8.7 HSPF, 17,200 btu heating at 17F.

The heating btu's are poor for the "39A1" compared to the "40B1".

www.ARIDirectory.org.

Best to you.

Post Likes
    They definitely should have kept the 4TEE3F40B1000A; I'm with Gary. The *40B1 is also shorter, so it should allow for better duct transitions.

Post Likes
    Go with the 40, best match

the 39 has the Vortica blower, so that may be why they say it is better, but I would rather have the superior performance numbers

Post Likes

Which Trane heat pump/air handler is better

Thanks to everyone who replied. I suspected that the original invoice was a better combination. Now I need to do some more research to see which one of these is the most expensive, or the better deal as the sales representative put it.

Thanks...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by capcas View Post
    Thanks to everyone who replied. I suspected that the original invoice was a better combination. Now I need to do some more research to see which one of these is the most expensive, or the better deal as the sales representative put it.

Thanks...
    If you are in a climate where the heat pump is used frequently for heating, I would want the combination that provides the most heating btu's and the best operating costs (which is the 3F40B1).

Good luck.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in