+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: help! started unit with opening a dry condensor

Post Likes
    by the at start up it ran fine ,i weighed in the charge put my clamp on my suction ,superheat and subcool checked out ,hope fully all will be good ,once again thanks

Post Likes
    Making a mistake and missing something isn't the problem, we've all missed stuff. I could be wrong but how can a start up turn out ok with nitro still in the system?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by zman420 View Post
    april 20 is my birthday and i drive a 350 z and there is no excuse for i what i did but being in a hurry before dark hit , i went back and killed the breaker , i will pull a new vacuum for a good hour or so and recharge according the mfg specs ,thanks for the helpful comments ,and to the smart ass ,im sure you have never ever ever made mistake ,and if not ,i hope you do one day......lesson learned thanks
    We aren't hurting for smart a$$'s around here so you will have to be more specific!

Everybody makes mistakes, your presentation and circumstances are just more sketchy. With the trolls and spammers that come on the site you never know. If you're real then get in the "pros" residential section and do lots of reading and ask lots of questions.

Post Likes
    its a factory nitro charge from a 4 ton condensor,i do not know how but it did ,and hopefully and i said hope fully running for the short time that i did will not harm the unit

Post Likes
    ok ill do thanks ,,i came to ask questions and learn ,not to be subjected to comments that are not helpful.

Post Likes
    For one no lasting damage is likely since you shut it down and you are doing the right thing.

We need specifics here. I learned quick to not ask specific questions without proper info.

Instead of saying pressure and temps were good list your sat temps and line temps as well as indoor temp (wb if you are charging fixed ac).

Doubt you are close to correct. I know I wasn't. High measured sc and low suction.

Stick around and you'll learn quite a bit here.

Post Likes
    its a factory nitro charge from a 4 ton condensor,i do not know how but it did ,and hopefully and i said hope fully running for the short time that i did will not harm the unit
    25-27 years in the business and you post this

i started unit with my new skills i learned on the job
    Now we might infer from that statement that you were either inexperienced or had no idea what you were doing.

I know it sounds like we're a bunch of smart asses, but you can see from your post how that might come across.

Good luck with that unit
    Why am I the only naked person at this gender reveal party

Post Likes
    ok ill do thanks ,,i came to ask questions and learn ,not to be subjected to comments that are not helpful.
    You have to expect a fair amount of ribbing as you climb the ladder. Everyone here I'm sure got plenty, I know I did especially since when started I was working with my older brother. Look at it this way, you're learning and providing us entertainment at the same time

Post Likes
    I cant stop singing--

WHAT.......WOULD .......fengmaster do.....

Heat pump.......no heat

How'd it get that way?????what do I press?????

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by SBKold View Post
    I cant stop singing--

WHAT.......WOULD .......fengmaster do.....

Heat pump.......no heat

How'd it get that way?????what do I press?????
    I was wondering why my dog started whining

Post Likes
    Cant be. He must have to pee.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by SBKold View Post
    Cant be. He must have to pee.

Post Likes
    ok fare enough ill take it and when i have time and sit down and type and ill explain my experiance and why i wrote what i did

cheers genuises!!

Post Likes
    First of all, I don't think that running a system with a mixture of DRY nitrogen and R-22 or any other refrigerant for a few hours or even a few days will cause a noticeable reduction in the lifespan of that unit.

I've seen systems operate with air in them for a substantial period of time (given the number of calls before the problem was found and fixed) with no loss of reliability after the problem was corrected.

As has been said already, recover the contaminated refrigerant from the system and pull a deep vacuum on the system.

There IS a way to easily and safely re-use that contaminated refrigerant, though. I won't go into it in the open forum, but I've done it a few times and have never had a problem with it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvac216 View Post
    With 420 in the username it is probably easy to forget something like that.

lol

Post Likes
    couple of our installers did the same to couple different systems. went back on them head pressure bouncing around like a bull in a china shop. reclaim evacuate recharge all good. keep your head up zman, keep learning, you will never stop. the guys that did it at our shop have 15 plus years they just dont read.

Post Likes
    Guaranteed you're not the first or last guy to do that.

Post Likes
    I was really cornfused as to why you were doing an AC start up in January, but being in FL explains alot If you forgot to open the service valves, wouldn't the unit be bouncing off the HPS? If the system is not equipped with an HPS you could have done some major damage to just about every component in the condenser.

Good luck man, pull a 500 micron vacuum and get your subcool right and you should be squared away.

PS: This thread is awesome

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    First of all, I don't think that running a system with a mixture of DRY nitrogen and R-22 or any other refrigerant for a few hours or even a few days will cause a noticeable reduction in the lifespan of that unit.

I've seen systems operate with air in them for a substantial period of time (given the number of calls before the problem was found and fixed) with no loss of reliability after the problem was corrected.

As has been said already, recover the contaminated refrigerant from the system and pull a deep vacuum on the system.

There IS a way to easily and safely re-use that contaminated refrigerant, though. I won't go into it in the open forum, but I've done it a few times and have never had a problem with it.
    Yup. Agree on all points.

Post Likes
    I know of "2" units that have been running like this for 2 seasons..,no call backs.Tech did say he had trouble getting his Delta T. in spec. No customer complaints! I,ve wondered myself,what long term affects may be?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in