+ Reply to Thread

Thread: York DH150N15Q2BMA3D

Post Likes

York DH150N15Q2BMA3D

This system keeps going out on high head pressure for both circuits (400psig). Both condenser fans are running, and both coils are clean. When I spray a hose with water on the condenser coil and have it run it runs just fine, but as soon as I shut the water off it go's out on high head?

It just started today, but could it be low on charge? It's not even 100 out like it was last week, and didn't have a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Are you sure both fans are spinning the right way?

Could be a bad cap making 1 spin the wrong way.

Post Likes
    Attachment 280141Maybe, so here is a picture of the caps, the one thing I'm not liking is they don't say which cap is for with fan motor.

Post Likes
    Read the wiring diagram, that will tell you.

Or pull wires off and see which one won't run.

Post Likes
    Boss called and said just replace both caps since I'm there, they both read 9.5mdf and there 10mdf

Post Likes
    Have you checked rotation or at least stuck you hand over the blades. You should be able feel the air is not right.

Or shut the unit off when it's running and look at the blades as there slowing down.

Post Likes
    After replacing both now it's running and hasn't gone out on high head pressure as of yet

Post Likes
    I would clean the coil. I have had many that were "clean" but when you actually clean it the dirt poors out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

Post Likes
    I cleaned the coil when I first got there and didn't get any major dirt to come out. Cause that was my first though that it was dirty coils.

We just had one of the other techs do roof PM all all the condensors and Evaps for all the rooftop units less than a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty hvac View Post
    I would clean the coil. I have had many that were "clean" but when you actually clean it the dirt poors out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by caheiman30 View Post
    I cleaned the coil when I first got there and didn't get any major dirt to come out. Cause that was my first though that it was dirty coils.

We just had one of the other techs do roof PM all all the condensors and Evaps for all the rooftop units less than a month ago.
    Never assume the other tech did his job properly. Just because a coil looks clean, doesn't mean it is. Not to be condescending, but do you know how to tell if a fan is running the proper rotation? I have run into techs who don't know. In fact, I'm training one right now.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    I didn't notice right off the bat, but I put my hat over both fans I noticed that one fan was trying to force my hat to fly out of my hand while the other one was sucking my hat down. So I then changed out both caps since they both tested at 9.5mdf when they were 10mdf, once I did that they both were trying to make my hat fly out of my hand.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Never assume the other tech did his job properly. Just because a coil looks clean, doesn't mean it is. Not to be condescending, but do you know how to tell if a fan is running the proper rotation? I have run into techs who don't know. In fact, I'm training one right now.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in