+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chiller training

Post Likes

Chiller training

My company has recently taken on a few contracts with some chillers, with what we had before, there is now a few Carriers, tranes, mcquays and multi-stacks, but by far the most Carriers. The "Chiller techs" we have are about to retire real soon. My company has offered me the oppurtunity to take in some chiller training.

My question to you guys, who offers the best training, is there somewhere that offers a generalized course. Or is it better to get the manufacturers training? Can anyone suggest a course to take?

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks a lot!!

Post Likes

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by northwestmechanic View Post
    My company has recently taken on a few contracts with some chillers, with what we had before, there is now a few Carriers, tranes, mcquays and multi-stacks, but by far the most Carriers. The "Chiller techs" we have are about to retire real soon. My company has offered me the oppurtunity to take in some chiller training.

My question to you guys, who offers the best training, is there somewhere that offers a generalized course. Or is it better to get the manufacturers training? Can anyone suggest a course to take?

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks a lot!!
    Honestly the best training will come from those guys about to retire. Try and get all the literature you can on all equipment if you pm me and promise to buy me beer when I come through your way in the fall (heading from BC to palm desert) so based on your handle I should be in your region I may be willing to share my collection of manuals.

Post Likes
    Tell Larry I will sell all of my teardown manuals to him for a special price.

Post Likes
    The guys about to retire
    The guys at the factory IE. Factory training, Seminars, etc
    The literature, read read read
    There have been quite a few people here who ask where to find training I proposed the possibility of the person in need of training offer to be a helper for free on chiller jobs for someone who knows what they are doing, I don't know the legality of it whatever it's not like anyone ever listens to me. :-( But I thought it was a good idea.

Post Likes
    what you need to do is get to work on learning from the old guys. they can teach you a bunch. then get any manuals you can, and read them. to me, going to a factory school before youve ever seen one is silly. go play and figure out what you dont know first. if you show effort the guys will teach you, unlesss they dont like you for some reason. the best tool is taking service calls when they are broke. it can be a daunting task, but you will learn, and have to call the old guys for help, but thats okay.

Post Likes
    Well all the older guys I know refuse to share what they know for one they work for the manufacturers and will get fired for sharing proprietary information if they get caught. Believe me I used to work for Trane and I know the deal. It's not as easy as it sounds to get to ride along with the older guys and tap all their experience and knowledge.
    It might get loud!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in