+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: No More Twinkies?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    Hey! Tell it to President Reagan. The union members are the whiners who keep building walls.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    you did not offend me and I love twinkies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You may want to check out the urban dictionaries definitions of "twinkies" before committing to this proclamation....I'm just saying....
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    Robin

ROFL!

I am too scared to check out the definition.

Post Likes
    Robin

ROFL!

I am too scared to check out the definition.
    LOL! Yea, I don't blame you. Also, don't do a google search for twinkies and click on anything that does not look food related.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    quit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    true knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.

Post Likes
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    good for that judge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

probably gonna be some bakers with broken knees begging for their jobs back!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

did you see the gold camaro on the same page???????????????

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    true knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.

Post Likes
    Yup
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    Figured that story would turn political and union v non-union on this forum LOL. Anyways on the brighter side of things all those unemployed workers will make some money on the selling all the Twinkies on ebay. Check out this link. http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Hostess-...item2577eaacf8. What do people think, that another companyisnt going to buy the Twinkie name and sell the same exact product.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GT Jets View Post
    Need to start banking at "Folgerscanintheyard". A few cash jobs never hurt...
    Only a fool would hang on to cash now....the inflation that is coming will eat it alive....Some of us are old enough to remember the Carter years.....More of the same is coming. You can't print a trillion dollars a year, and expect the American Dollar to maintain value in a world market.
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

Post Likes
    "They are not in the baking industry; they are just interested in the money," said Harrison.
    No Kidding !! Whether he realizes it or not, he just stated the basis for Business 101.

Business doesn't exist to produce goods and services...it exists to MAKE MONEY.....the goods and services are merely the vehicle by which money is made.

The sooner people grasp and accept this, the sooner they will position themselves for success in life....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tuba View Post
    Something stinks about the whole thing. Hostess brands are too big to just go away. Someone else will buy the brand and bake them in a different place. One of those articles said one of the top management was getting $125,000 a month in salary. It kind of reminds me of those HVAC owners who won't give you a raise or maintain the company equipment, but don't hesitate to talk about their Las Vegas vacation, Hunting trip, or Brand new RV or other toys they just bought.
    The "solution" to your scenario is simple.....Start a business....build it up to the point that you can afford vacations, RVs, and other toys....When you accomplish that, instead of buying those things for your wife and family, give that money to your employees.

Let us know how that works out for you....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by John Markl View Post
    No Kidding !! Whether he realizes it or not, he just stated the basis for Business 101.

Business doesn't exist to produce goods and services...it exists to MAKE MONEY.....the goods and services are merely the vehicle by which money is made.

The sooner people grasp and accept this, the sooner they will position themselves for success in life....
    Two thumbs up!
    We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

Post Likes
    Only a fool would hang on to cash now....the inflation that is coming will eat it alive....Some of us are old enough to remember the Carter years.....More of the same is coming. You can't print a trillion dollars a year, and expect the American Dollar to maintain value in a world market.
    I like how you offer ridicule but bring nothing positive to the table....

What this statement means to a normal person is, don't buy a bunch of crap on credit, use the tens and twenties to do business when you can and try to hide some cash if possible... (tax reasons yo)...

Where would YOU recommend cutting your financial vulnerability? Invest in moonshine?

GT
    If a day goes by and you have learned nothing, I hope you got a lot of sleep.

Post Likes

Almost agree with you.. The problem is, if you don't invest in your chosen business and change with the times, you get trampled into dust. Investing in the survival and sustainability of your company is rule number 1.... Had they done that in the first place, they would have never had to cut their employees salaries and would have been able to afford retaining their benefits...

You my friend have missed the point.

GT

Post Likes
    I like how you offer ridicule but bring nothing positive to the table....
    And, your idea of "positive" action is tax evasion? Interesting.

Post Likes
    And, your idea of "positive" action is tax evasion? Interesting.

Trust me on this, having paid over $40,000 in taxes last year, I am not "evading" a damn thing. Just trying to slow the bleeding. Just need to make way less as far as that is concerned.

It would seem just because a person works 3000+ hours a year, they get penalized for there efforts to provide for their families.

And again, there is nothing "positive" in this post either. Just sayin'.

GT

Post Likes
    You get penalized for your efforts to provide for other peoples families.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    You get penalized for your efforts to provide for other peoples families.
    True that!

Post Likes
    You my friend have missed the point.

GT
    I haven't missed the point at all. I fully understand business and how it works.

It's easy to ridicule what top executives make, when you don't understand their jobs.

It's easy to look at a figure out of context, and declare it to be ridiculous.

What percentage of a company's gross sales goes to top executive pay?

What percentage of a company's gross sales goes to shareholder dividends?

If the manager of a company that grosses $1.5 million a year in sales, makes $100k per year, what should the CEO of a company that grosses $2.4 BILLION a year in sales make?

Reading some of these threads makes it easy to understand why the Class Envy War of the Left is working...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in