Thread: Coleman-York 4 ton Cond/furn/coil any good?

Post Likes

Coleman-York 4 ton Cond/furn/coil any good?

I found a guy selling Coleman/York 4 ton package for $XXXXX in the box with 5 year warranty for parts and the condenser, 10 year for furnace.
    He is selling them online and will personally deliver to my area.
    I am new to this and not sure if i shoud trust him, or this brand.
    I would have to have someone else install it. Any advice on whether this is a good idea or not?

Thanks
    Last edited by HeyBob; 06-12-2007 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Removed Pricing, Please Read The Rules!

Post Likes
    What part of the forum rules didn't you read? I know you didn't read the "No Pricing allowed part".
    Have you hugged the Earth today?
    Donny Baker rules

Post Likes

Toaster?

Hey fella, you're not buying a toaster you know. The purveyors of goods would have everyone believe that everything can be sold on-line. Well let's clear things up a little. Sure, you can buy anything off the internet. Shucks, I'll bet with a little effort you could purchase a space shuttle on-line. But the big difference in products is that some products are commodities, meaning they are useable right out of the box. Books, CD's, window AC units, binoculars and chordless tools are some of those items. But some items are definitely NOT useable without professional assembly and/or installation. Do you really think you can purchase that equipment on line for less money than a dealer, who buys 100's of units a year can purchase the same things? So where is the savings? What you're really trying to do is purchase products and cut the installers profits so you get a cheaper job. Well here's how we handle it up our way. We price the job with us purchasing the equipment. Let's use your price and say we bought it all for $2,000. The installed price is let's say $7,000 for the whole system, installed. So you purchase the equipment and ask us to install it. We say, Okay, and deduct the $2,000 WE pay for the equipment from the job price. So that's $7,000 less $2,000. So it costs you $5,000 to have it professionally installed to code and inspected. Your total job expense if $7,800. Oh and we don't warrant the equipment either. If the inducer motor is dead out of the box, we'll charge you to replace the motor. You can deal with the warranty issue. Since it's not our equipment, we won't handle the warranty for you.

We're provessionals out here and purchasingn on-line is DIY, Do It Yourself. If you can't stop trying to pick the pockets of hard working professionals.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by scrap15 View Post
    Any advice on whether this is a good idea or not?

Thanks
    Bad Idea! Call a contractor, pay to have a system professionally installed.

You get what you pay for! Oh yea, I did an edit on your post, no pricing OK!

Please read the rules.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyBob View Post
    Oh yea, I did an edit on your post, no pricing OK!

Please read the rules.

Gee Bob, I think I already told him that......................
    Have you hugged the Earth today?
    Donny Baker rules

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in