+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Amp meter

Post Likes

Amp meter

What are some good meters that will lock in peak amps?

Post Likes
    Fluke

Post Likes
    I use the Fluke 902. A little pricey, but it's fallen out of my tool bag when climbing up onto the roof a commercial building onto a concrete parking lot and still works like a champ. Very easy to use as well. Most of my co-workers make fun of me for using it though because they all use the Fieldpiece meter that has the different heads you can attach.

Post Likes
    any meter with a min/max button should suffice, all of my fieldpiece clamps have the ability
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes
    Strkout

I saw where it has the hold but does it hold max hold like when checking peak LRA?

Post Likes
    Has anyone had any experience with

Amprobe ACDC-54NAV ?

I'm trying to find a clamp metere that does microamps. Does Fluke make one that i just haven't seen?? Is Amprobe better than fieldpiece?

Post Likes
    amprobe was bought by fluke several years ago ( about the time of the acd-14 turd)
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes
    Fluke 376 a few more dollars than the 902 but also does miliamps hz and a few more things I don't recall right now only downfall it does no do temps but I've got 10 other ways to take temps I hardy ever used this feature on my 902

Post Likes
    I got a fluke 902, 87, and a t5-1000. I recently got a fieldpiece sc56, and absolutely love it. The only complaints I have is the leads are shorter than My flukes leads, and I don't like their alligator clips as Well.

Post Likes
    I have always been happy with my fieldpiece LT17A - microamps, temp, min/max hold, magnet holder, amp clamp - just not RMS. Good price too, amazon has them for $125.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by steve wright View Post
    Strkout

I saw where it has the hold but does it hold max hold like when checking peak LRA?
    Yeah it does

Post Likes
    Thanks to all you for your input it is very helpful.

I'm going to try the Fluke 376 or 902, I currently have a Fluke 30 so I'm comfortable with it.

Thank so much

Post Likes
    i have the 376 but it doesn't have Microamps which disappoints me...

Post Likes
    The brand of Ammeter is not the benchmark that determines the purchase decision. Resolution, accuracy based on full scale range, and durability should all considered when deciding on an amp meter. Brand aone does no dictate a reliable meter.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    The brand of Ammeter is not the benchmark that determines the purchase decision. Resolution, accuracy based on full scale range, and durability should all considered when deciding on an amp meter. Brand aone does no dictate a reliable meter.
    Brand is just a jump of point to start in determining a amp proble. From their i consider accuracy and avaialble functions and warranty (how the company stands behind their units.

I can say extech left a very very poor taste in my mouth with a voltage detector i got of theirs. It was so imbarassing to the point it went directly in the recycling bin. I wouldn't even give it to the salvation army.

What may i ask do you look for and what models and brands do you recommend and trust fully.

I don't understand why they don't make a Basically a dedicated amp probes like they once did such as the Fluke 30.

Post Likes
    the fieldpiece sc57 has a function where it will sense amp draw in milliseconds so it doesn't
    start faster than the meter can read. good for true start up amp draw.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Nytefog View Post
    Has anyone had any experience with

Amprobe ACDC-54NAV ?

I'm trying to find a clamp metere that does microamps. Does Fluke make one that i just haven't seen?? Is Amprobe better than fieldpiece?
    I have the 51 NAV and am happy with it. It might suit your needs better since it does microamps while the 54 doesn't.

http://www.amprobe.com/Amprobe/usen/....htm?PID=73092

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    I have the 51 NAV and am happy with it. It might suit your needs better since it does microamps while the 54 doesn't.

http://www.amprobe.com/Amprobe/usen/....htm?PID=73092
    I just ordered this meter. We'll see how it is. I've never owned a amprobe product yet.

Post Likes
    Just to clarify the SC56 has the Inrush capability you are speaking of. The SC56 is currently the only meter with this function. Here's video that shows the Inrush feature in action.

http://youtu.be/q71dNMIa-gY

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RussellHarju View Post
    Just to clarify the SC56 has the Inrush capability you are speaking of. The SC56 is currently the only meter with this function. Here's video that shows the Inrush feature in action.

http://youtu.be/q71dNMIa-gY
    What do you mean? "The SC56 is currently the only meter with this function." My Fluke also captures inrush current at 100 ms as does the NAV 51 I believe. I think my Fluke 33 does it at 4000 ms.

The swivel head and dual readouts are nice features though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in