+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Getting involved in other peopled business

Post Likes

Getting involved in other peopled business

I went to a call today that got me thinking, when is it ok to get involved in a homeowners business? Example: If you go to a service call and see abused/neglected animals, do you pickup the phone or walk away? If children are involved I would absolutely make the call but where do you draw the line?

The call I went to today had "free range" chickens in the basement. They were well fed, the boiler was.....uhm....crappy? No neglect, it just got me thinking.

"I don't know why it be like it is, but it do"

Post Likes
    Children without a doubt.
    Chickens...I'm not to worried.
    Other...Well I guess it just depends.

What did it smell like?

Post Likes
    children/elderly- situational dependent.

hoarding- leave it alone unless it influences my job.

domestic/pets- I work into the conversation to determine the reason they are that way.

feces in the home from pets- inform customer company policy is no work in these conditions and to call us when it is clean. If they seem dumbfounded, then I get specific.

farm animals- no intervention.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolWine View Post
    What did it smell like?
    It really wasn't too bad, I had to come up for air a couple times because it made my allergies go nuts. I just hope I don't get a chicken infection! That would be difficult to explain to SWMBO....

"I don't know why it be like it is, but it do"

Post Likes
    Children without a doubt, call the Police/DHS.

Post Likes
    I've called for neglected dogs several times. I usually wait a day or two, to give me a little plausible deniability.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in