+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fluidics Interview this week- looking for inside dope

Post Likes

Fluidics Interview this week- looking for inside dope

I have an interview at Fluidics (Emcor) in Phila, PA this week for a controls job that was setup by a headhunter I don't even know. I know they insist that the candidates have Tridium cert but I have no idea what brand(s) of controls they use or anything else about them for that matter. I am supposed meet with Mike Novak, VP of sale/mktg and Bill Fox of controls group.

Any info about Fluidics or these two guys, especially personal experience with them, would be greatly appreciated. Its hard to know if they are a place where I'd want to pursue a job since I know so little about the company.

Thanks in advance

Post Likes
    Emcore is making a push in 2013 with that company to grow significantly. A couple of key acquistions are in place and ready to hit the ground running in january. The growth target I have heard is going to cause a lot of growing pains over there. controls isnt their strong suit, and you would likely be a island in a vast sea for a short while anyway. last time I checked they were doing honeywell excel.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlG View Post
    I have an interview at Fluidics (Emcor) in Phila, PA this week for a controls job that was setup by a headhunter I don't even know. I know they insist that the candidates have Tridium cert but I have no idea what brand(s) of controls they use or anything else about them for that matter. I am supposed meet with Mike Novak, VP of sale/mktg and Bill Fox of controls group.

Any info about Fluidics or these two guys, especially personal experience with them, would be greatly appreciated. Its hard to know if they are a place where I'd want to pursue a job since I know so little about the company.

Thanks in advance
    Are you in the union?
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Post Likes
    thy dont use union labor for techie and project management they use union electricians and fitters though.

Post Likes
    Emcor still has too many d.b.a.'s and not all of their branches are Union. They need to clean up a little and get on the same page across the board.

Post Likes
    You can get 'a flavor' of their work areas and emphasis by "reading" their website.
    Looks lie a Great firm_!

http://fluidics.com/services/electrical.html
    Designer Dan __ It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with Some Art. _ _ KEEP IT SIMPLE & SINCERE ___ __ www.mysimplifiedhvac.com ___ __ Define the Building Envelope & Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows & Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by flange View Post
    thy dont use union labor for techie and project management they use union electricians and fitters though.
    Was he going in as management? I was wondering because to my knowledge the controls guys with the laptops programming are non union but the ones wiring and installing the controls I was told were union.

I was wondering what position they were looking for.

Post Likes
    I interviewed for a controls integrator position and it is non-union but they do in fact use some union controls techs tha are part of local 420 I believe. I was told there are a union shop but no, I am not a union member. They also confirmed what flange wrote- at least that they have a new initiative for 2013. Thanks for the tidbits everyone.

Post Likes
    duh, I certainly "read" the website before I even posted here.

Post Likes
    UA Local 420 has BAS Techs in it? There's no Emcor branch here. The one north of here is Mechanical service only and is UA signatory. The one east of here is Mechanical & Electrical, but is only union for the elecricians.

Post Likes
    many local 420 members are "laptop fitters". they are low key, and work for local outfits, not national players with nonunion techs. there are also some jci techs that carry cards out of 420.

Post Likes
    we used to have a 420 controls tech, but he left and went to deleware jci branch
    I dont install leaks, i just fix em

Sig line removed by Admin*

Lets see if this gets removed..............

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by KLEINman View Post
    we used to have a 420 controls tech, but he left and went to deleware jci branch
    How does that work? Is the UA L#420 BAS (Controls) Tech Jm scale the same as HVACR Tech Jm?
    All the HBS, JCSS, and SBT BAS techs are non-Union, as per their own national agreements
    My home Local calls the BAS work, but not one shop does BAS.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MechanicallyInclined View Post
    How does that work? Is the UA L#420 BAS (Controls) Tech Jm scale the same as HVACR Tech Jm?
    All the HBS, JCSS, and SBT BAS techs are non-Union, as per their own national agreements
    My home Local calls the BAS work, but not one shop does BAS.
    well pretty much that certain tech came up as a fitter through 420, but was very good with computers. while coming up he got a hold of a laptop and wala, he became an all around controls tech. the non union controls techs didnt like the idea at first, but he grew on them. he was making a fitter rate pushing buttons and installing boards lol. but dont get me wrong, he did valves, actuators, everything bas has to offer

Post Likes
    so op, how did you make out with the interview?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by KLEINman View Post
    so op, how did you make out with the interview?
    Whats up dude? Haven't seen you around these parts in a while. Hows everything going. Merry xmas.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

Post Likes
    I had a good meeting with the guys at Fluidics last month but just got word last night that my second interview next week is cancellled. I can only assume they hired someone for the integrator position. Maybe next tiime!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in