+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: New From Fieldpiece

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    any info you can release?
    It will do target superheat. 39 refrigerants. Live superheat and subcooling at the same time. The SMAN2 and SMAN3 are the part numbers The SMAN3 will come come with 2 clamps and will do vacuum. The screen is big and can be seen from 20 ft. away. They will come with wet and dry bulb thermocouples. And the pressure can be adjusted in the field to meet Title 24 requirements.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by coolperfect View Post
    I just can't warm up to that rinky dink pointer type handle they use to change scales on their meters
    Are you talking about the dial? If so, we rarely get ones back into to the repair department where the dial broke.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RussellHarju View Post
    Are you talking about the dial? If so, we rarely get ones back into to the repair department where the dial broke.
    Not saying it breaks,it just looks cheap,looks like soneone forgot to include a nice dial into the meter and added that

Post Likes
    I am not defending it, and I am not sure this is the reason behind it, but I think it is that way so you can turn it with a single finger/thumb and not have to grasp it o turn it.

Post Likes
    The SMAN3 will come come with 2 clamps and will do vacuum.
    In inches or in microns also?

Post Likes
    Trade is $179 for SC55 and $219 for the SC56.
    That price is getting into Fluke 902 territory. Yes, the 902 has less features but it's a Fluke.
    Any fool can know. The point is to understand. Albert Einstein

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cuervo View Post
    That price is getting into Fluke 902 territory. Yes, the 902 has less features but it's a Fluke.
    So is this:

I have allot of Fieldpiece gear and some Fluke too... I won't buy based on name alone.. Never know what kind of Fluke you are getting..

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    I am not defending it, and I am not sure this is the reason behind it, but I think it is that way so you can turn it with a single finger/thumb and not have to grasp it o turn it.
    You are correct. It's designed for functionality and durability. We can't please everyone with a single design.

Post Likes
    Ba, ba, ba, ba, ba, ba, bad to the bone.

Post Likes
    Interesting, On the new digital manifold it has target superheat. Does the instrument input the wet bulb through the wb thermocouple probe only or is there a manual wb input?

How about outdoor temperature input, does it also require it be inputted through the probe or can it also be inputted manually?

How about a interface with a computer so all data can be exported to an excel file and printed?

Any ability to store the data under a customer name and address for later review or comparison of data from maintenence to maintenence?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    Interesting, On the new digital manifold it has target superheat. Does the instrument input the wet bulb through the wb thermocouple probe only or is there a manual wb input?

How about outdoor temperature input, does it also require it be inputted through the probe or can it also be inputted manually?

How about a interface with a computer so all data can be exported to an excel file and printed?

Any ability to store the data under a customer name and address for later review or comparison of data from maintenence to maintenence?
    Just a WAG, but I'd bet it will interface somehow with the HVAC guide.
    The HVAC Guide would be interesting if it had a keypad, still can't believe the first version of it made it off the drawing board without a keypad, much less a 2nd version...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    The HVAC Guide would be interesting if it had a keypad, still can't believe the first version of it made it off the drawing board without a keypad, much less a 2nd version...
    Hmmm... Could be kinda cool.. I have found that since I bought my digital manifold I don't use my HVAC Guide as much. At the right price point I could be convinced to get another digital manifold.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    I'm sure Russell will be along soon to inform us.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by coolperfect View Post
    I just can't warm up to that rinky dink pointer type handle they use to change scales on their meters
    I have the same issue with it.
    I know it is very durable and well made, but it LOOKS like something you would find on a $10 Chinese throwaway meter on sale at Harbor Freight.

Even with the the crappy looking switch, this meter may be what finally pulls me over to the Fieldpiece side of the fence. Just waiting to see what the accuracy specs are for AC amps. The specs on the SC77 are somewhat less than impressive...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fotofx View Post
    Hmmm... Could be kinda cool.. I have found that since I bought my digital manifold I don't use my HVAC Guide as much. At the right price point I could be convinced to get another digital manifold.
    I'm most likely out of out of the digital refrigerant manifold market for a few years.
    5 is enough......for now...

Post Likes
    Sure, It may interface with the HVAC Guide but what does the HVAC Guide interface with?

Not much! Thats the problem. I'm sure they are looking for an answer to that problem as we speak.

Some software where the data could be attached to your customers records would be helpful. Could then consider it as a data logging tool.

Post Likes
    I doubt an interface.
    That sounds like an expensive tool and not much from Fieldpiece is all that expensive.
    My bet is on a stand alone for first one out.
    Sounds like they got a lot packed in there already.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    I doubt an interface.
    That sounds like an expensive tool and not much from Fieldpiece is all that expensive.
    My bet is on a stand alone for first one out.
    Sounds like they got a lot packed in there already.
    Well you got to give credit where credit is due.

They are the first to include a target superheat ability into a digital manifold guage set.

There are endless possibilities from there. Charges automatically then when target is reached shuts off the ports.

Could do this for both SH and SC.

Wireless wet bulb would be best for this application. The internal software could continue to calculate the target superheat while the indoor conditions change.

Of course air flow would need to be verified first.

Post Likes
    Wow mcjo plus the data logging with pin number to prove a human actualy was there
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post

These two manifolds will be stand alone manifolds so tests can't be downloaded to a pc. The HVAC Guide is still the tool for that.

Also both manifolds come with the wb and db thermocouples but cannot be manually entered.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in