+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carrier Building Systems And Services closings.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenDrive View Post
    BTW, CCS stands for Carrier Commercial Service.
    You will have to show me the web site. They change the name from time to time. My first truck had a cloud and BSS on the side.

...Ron
    Roof Rat

Post Likes
    There are rumors that Trane is for sale too. Maybe Siemens will buy Trane and Carrier!

Post Likes
    When I was with Honeywell at the turn of the century, the new Honeywell (AlliedSignal using the Honeywell name) was rumored to be for sale to either GE or UTC. It never happened though. I don't think Siemens or Honeywell would buy both Carrier and Trane. Another controls company that could buy Carrier or Trane is Schneider.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MechanicallyInclined View Post
    When I was with Honeywell at the turn of the century, the new Honeywell (AlliedSignal using the Honeywell name) was rumored to be for sale to either GE or UTC. It never happened though. I don't think Siemens or Honeywell would buy both Carrier and Trane. Another controls company that could buy Carrier or Trane is Schneider.
    What would Schneider do with their T.A.C. line if they purchased Carrier or Trane? I recall reading in a european investment and financial blog an article saying that Siemens was looking to acquire other "bolt-on" companies in an effort to shore up their revenue in industries they have a presence in already. Some things I've observed within one of these manufacturers seem to suggest that success is a thin veneer and that the company is without a direction or plan for the future. The fact that Ingersoll Rand jettisoned Hussman late last year makes me a little more suspicious that something is going on in the Trane camp. I have a tendency to believe this rumor that TheChillerMan mentioned. If something is going to happen, it will probably be after the new year.
    Don't pick the fly crap out of the pepper.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech Rob View Post
    What would Schneider do with their T.A.C. line if they purchased Carrier or Trane? I recall reading in a european investment and financial blog an article saying that Siemens was looking to acquire other "bolt-on" companies in an effort to shore up their revenue in industries they have a presence in already. Some things I've observed within one of these manufacturers seem to suggest that success is a thin veneer and that the company is without a direction or plan for the future. The fact that Ingersoll Rand jettisoned Hussman late last year makes me a little more suspicious that something is going on in the Trane camp. I have a tendency to believe this rumor that TheChillerMan mentioned. If something is going to happen, it will probably be after the new year.
    I don't think companies care too much about having more than one or more BAS line. Heck, Honeywell has like 4 or 5. JC got rid of Connectsys ISN to stick with Metasys. So who knows.
    I-R still holds 40% of Hussmann. So if CD&R can find a buyer for let's say $5B. I-R then gets $2B! They're not stupid. Honeywell and Siemens would gain ground from acquiring either Carrier or Trane. Where's Invensys, Emerson, & Danfoss in all this lunacy?

Post Likes
    There's word that Carrier is looking to hire a couple of apprentices down here in Orlando which was kind of a shock to me since 99% of the A/C guys here are MSI. A few of the guys spoke highly of them though. I'm pretty interested in learning more about them

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in