+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Metasys

Post Likes

Metasys

Having a problem commanding all set points on a metasys system. I hit the function key to command the set point but all the system seems to do is allow me to change the point from disable to enable?????

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chr358 View Post
    Having a problem commanding all set points on a metasys system. I hit the function key to command the set point but all the system seems to do is allow me to change the point from disable to enable?????
    Operator Terminal to a NCM? Wow, a rare & odd bird.

To see what you're seeing, you're probably looking at an AD associated to a CS object.

Post Likes
    i been having the same problem and the fact that at this holtel im working at the compter software is only monitor and not control so i was lookin for somone who might know if there is a way to change setpoints at there control panel i have the dx9100 and i need to change the condenser water temp so i an cool the hotel its set at 65 but the outdoor temp is 50 here and the hotel is 85 and ppl are complaing

any ideas (other that opening windows i thought about that already but they dont open )

Post Likes
    Once you start having to mess with CS objects and model files..You guys would probably be smart to find somebody that knows how ...to show you the ropes first hand. A novice dinking with models ..has bad news written all over it.

Post Likes
    Vegas r u using hyperterminal? And gettin the same message?? I dont understand why hyperterminal is only giving me the option of changing the point from disable to enable??? Especially when I am only lookin to change a room set point..

Post Likes
    Is this a JCI Companion?

Post Likes
    thanks guys but i just rasied the water temp in the tower (by wraping it with plastic) now it has been workin fine all day i have climacool going out there monday the sys is still under waranty so i wont mess with it also the rooms has a t-stat so they can change fan runtime i just gotta make sure this thing will cool over the weekend

thanx guys i do like the help

Post Likes
    that enable diable is nothing you have the same thing i got you need the software from jc it plugs into the serial port on the controler

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chr358 View Post
    Vegas r u using hyperterminal? And gettin the same message?? I dont understand why hyperterminal is only giving me the option of changing the point from disable to enable??? Especially when I am only lookin to change a room set point..
    they dont make a software sys for this sys to change setpoints its needs to be done at the controler and you need the jc gx9100 software and laptop at the port i dont have it so i have no idea
    sorry

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by freddy-b View Post
    Once you start having to mess with CS objects and model files..You guys would probably be smart to find somebody that knows how ...to show you the ropes first hand. A novice dinking with models ..has bad news written all over it.
    im not a novice i just have not worked on this sys in a while but i understand what you are saying

i have to say its kinda crapy when someone asks for help you want to insult them insted of overing a solution you must be a 4 year

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas5248 View Post
    im not a novice i just have not worked on this sys in a while but i understand what you are saying

i have to say its kinda crapy when someone asks for help you want to insult them insted of overing a solution you must be a 4 year
    It was not intended as a insult, but if you took it that way..thats too bad I guess.

Post Likes
    So the front end terminal is monitor only?????? Id be kind of surprised if that is the case.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas5248 View Post
    they dont make a software sys for this sys to change setpoints its needs to be done at the controler and you need the jc gx9100 software and laptop at the port i dont have it so i have no idea
    sorry

Possible software options to adjust setpoints in a DX9100:

Terminal Emulation
    Project Builder
    M3
    M5
    PMI
    GPL
    MSEA
    LCT
    GX9100
    DX Commissioning
    What ever the heck is used with the FX

then again there is the DX keypad itself

Now what other options did I miss?

Last edited by x-wrenchturner; 10-12-2008 at 08:45 PM.
    IlovemyjobIlovemyjobIlovemyjob....say it with me now!

Post Likes
    DX-9100's have a button on the front panel labeled K.

This will pull up a list of about 8 analog setpoints plus some digital setpoints.
    IF the tech that programmed the DX-9100 intended for you to be able to change this setpoint he would have mapped it to one of those K values.

You need the install documentation to tell which one is which but you can change the value from the front panel w the DX-9100's key in place by pressing k key until you have the right parameter in the display then pressing the strange looking e labeled key then the up and down keys to modify the value. Press the e button again to save the change.

If you have a head end system like a companion or NX30 or something larger then the head end may override your change.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in