Thread: NAIL SALON

Post Likes

NAIL SALON

Can anyone tell me what to do about a nail salon stink. rooftop unit,2 returns
    10" in a 24 x 24 grid celing

Post Likes
    get a fart fan those VOC'S............not an HVAC system.......

Post Likes
    I've never really worked on a dedicated nail salon, closest I come is the one at the Penny's in town. I think the only true way to fix this problem is exhausting as much of the stinky air as you can, and dumping more fresh (conditioned) air into the space.

I suppose you could go the route of charcoal filters and a ton of other things, but that'd be expensive and likely wouldn't work.

Besides, if you exhaust all that bad air outside, it'll either keep the pigeons away, or at least get them high!
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

Post Likes
    I would imagine some kind of ventilation system. Either the whole place or something custom made. IE.... a register right over the work station connected to an exhaust.?????

Post Likes
    you will have to take pics of the hot asian girls and sen them to us to determine the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    true knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.

Post Likes
    Ashrae and code in my state requires something like 1/2 the volume be OSA for salon apps. What comes in must go out, so provisions for that will need to be in place.
    Good luck making the existing equipment handle the hot or cold OSA load. Utility bills will skyrocket during peak summer and winter conditions but the iaq will improve.
    If the DOH wanders thru the door, compliance will be mandatory and immediate.

Post Likes
    Check you oa intake and have them run the fan all the time.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    you will have to take pics of the hot asian girls and sen them to us to determine the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I can dig that , lol. And perhaps the reason there are not stronger codes in this " industrial process " ( or a salon owner knows someone on the ASHRAE board ).

I looked a job many years ago and quoted fume hoods over each nail station ( make up air and exhaust ). I lost out to a hack that installed an 80 cfm bath room fan. The salon is still going strong ( regular state inspections ) , except the nail dept. was relocated and not the bath fan , lol.

Post Likes
    i think they pay the inspector in HAPPY ENDING money????

Quote Originally Posted by tech45 View Post
    I can dig that , lol. And perhaps the reason there are not stronger codes in this " industrial process " ( or a salon owner knows someone on the ASHRAE board ).

I looked a job many years ago and quoted fume hoods over each nail station ( make up air and exhaust ). I lost out to a hack that installed an 80 cfm bath room fan. The salon is still going strong ( regular state inspections ) , except the nail dept. was relocated and not the bath fan , lol.
    true knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.

Post Likes
    I remember spraying the red 3M duct liner adhesive . After gluing a job we'd be as high as the sky. We had to get a spray booth sometime in the late 1980's , lol ( then went to water based glue ).

The nail department was at least as bad as the 3m glue.

Post Likes

PAINT STINK

Thanks all who ansererd my post.The problem is the operation is in a new building (tight) and long and skinny shape.There are chairs everywhere, there is no way to combine painting. The only answer is changing all the air all the time unless some type filter in returns that would cut down stink THANKS

Post Likes
    if its in a strip mall ensure the walls are sealed from bottom to very tippy top...that stink can migrate. We did one last year, sealed it up and installed a large exhaust fan out the back wall with ducts leading to each station..all hidden in the walls. Open the fresh air on the RTU to allow for make-up air. All of this was per the building owner.

3 months later returned for a ac problem (filters clogged) and found the fan off. Asked them why "we no need..thank you, thank you"...um...ok its your place. Wrote it in my notes and have not herd from them again.

we have used charcoal filters in a few factories and had semi good success.

Post Likes
    I've got one in my center and what we made them do was intall an exhaust fan that is zoned over each station. Man does that fan stink.{make your eyes water} I wonder if the motor should be explosion proof?
    Nemo me impune lacessit.

How much blood do I have to bathe in to get clean?

Don't look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by danfgrant View Post
    Thanks all who ansererd my post.The problem is the operation is in a new building (tight) and long and skinny shape.There are chairs everywhere, there is no way to combine painting. The only answer is changing all the air all the time unless some type filter in returns that would cut down stink THANKS
    Chck my website
    The premise of ventilation is that the OA is clean or of sufficient quality to be used for dilution. Traditional ventilation is somewhat being threatened by the fact that the EPA is changing the requirements for outdoor air quality which is creating non-attainment zones in what is now becoming a significant portion of the country. That means that buildings in those areas will need to clean up the OA before they bring it into the building.
    www.genesisair.com
    Genesis Air Inc.

Post Likes
    I looked into this for another contractor a couple years ago and one filter site listed the chemicals that would be removed with their charcoal embedded filters. The stuff from nail salons would be filtered out. The site might have been US Air Filters but it's been awhile.
    I did a job to filter diesel fumes making office workers sick. Using mostly OSA constant fan, space presurization the space was ok. When returning a month later I asked why the fan wasn't running. I was told it was too expensive to run all the time. Their diesel fumes returned. Makes me wonder why spend all the money to get rid of fumes then just go back to where they were.
    We are here on Earth to fart around ......Kurt Vonnegut

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in