+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Slow

Post Likes

Slow

here.

Too friggen hot to grill.

Post Likes
    Last weekend I smoked a 5 1/2 lb roast and grilled asparigus and corn on the cob. Perfect weather for smoking.

Post Likes
    Too hot not to grill here.

Post Likes
    I'll be indirect cooking a pork butt on the weber this weekend for some pulled pork sandwiches. After that I am itching to try my hands at a beef brisket.

Post Likes
    I love grilling more that I loved my first wife. But at 100F plus, I can't get remotely excited about it. Especially eating pork.

Post Likes
    You only have to step out of the air conditioned home for a few minutes out of every 30 to 45 minutes to check on the thing and add whatever it needs. It's worth it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by James 3528 View Post
    I love grilling more that I loved my first wife. But at 100F plus, I can't get remotely excited about it. Especially eating pork.
    ...wimp...
    "...refresh my memory. When did I start caring about this stuff...?"

Post Likes
    I can see where James is coming from but I have never been effected by the weather much. I'll go out ther in the 100º temps and grill my food and sit there with a cigar tending to it.

It was funny the other day I was grilling and my wife is Italian and hates the heat and she was out there with me. Had the small smoker to my left and the grill in front of me. She's next to me and looks over and says "How can you stand it right by all that heat ?" and gets up and moves about 10' from me.

Post Likes
    LOL wimp? We have some mosquito's and gnats with check valves and drop tanks on them to go with that 100F. At 100F and 90% RH, it is like you're on the grill

Post Likes
    During the summer I like to get early and do 20 mins. of laps in the swimming pool as my morning exercise. Ususally it is a little nippy but once I get swimming the warmer water mixes with the warmer water and it is okay.

This morning there was no warm water left. I have never seen the water so cold so early. I felt my muscles tightening in my shoulders so I knew hypertherma was setting in. I was in 3 mins top this morning.

PS: James is that littler tiker in your avatar kin to you? He sure is a cutie.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by James 3528 View Post
    LOL wimp? We have some mosquito's and gnats with check valves and drop tanks on them to go with that 100F. At 100F and 90% RH, it is like you're on the grill
    Hee, hee, hee! Those are the cousins of ours up here. Ours are the size of small airplanes...
    "...refresh my memory. When did I start caring about this stuff...?"

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettaknight View Post
    ...wimp...
    Hah, more like....pussy.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in