Thread: Reading a Goodman serial #

Post Likes

Reading a Goodman serial #

Can someone give me a link to a page that shows a breakdown of Goodman furnace serial #'s.

Post Likes
    Page 2 here gives an explanation of model numbers on Goodman furnaces: http://www.goodmanmfg.com/Portals/0/pdf/SS-GMV95.pdf

Post Likes
    First 2 digits are year made, next 2 are month.

4. Likes Bearlythere liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Thanks. Returned a defective draft inducer motor to a authorized Goodman dealer (JS) and they told me I had to pay a 25% handling fee. Anyone ever encounter this type of BS?

Post Likes
    Yes, sometimes if they didn't sell the furnace to you, they might want that fee. Or it could be as simple as "they just don't like you"............
    Have you hugged the Earth today?
    Donny Baker rules

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cfcitywide View Post
    Thanks. Returned a defective draft inducer motor to a authorized Goodman dealer (JS) and they told me I had to pay a 25% handling fee. Anyone ever encounter this type of BS?
    Standard for Gooman!!!lol

Post Likes
    Yep. If they didn't sell the furnace.
    They charge for the processing.

Post Likes
    according to the post it wasnt goodman who charged the fee it was the distributor(JS).

Post Likes
    One of our local goodman distributors also charges fees for under warrentee stuff. $75 for a compressor, less for other stuff. What a rip off.

Post Likes
    why is it b/s?
    do you warranty work done by other companies?
    we dont, if we didnt install the unit they get no breaks from us... if we do honer the part warranty we will deduct wholesale price from the flat rate book then add in fees for paperwork, and any additional travel time

the distributors are not factory owned around here (and even if they were) why should they do the paperwork and give away their parts for free? or reduced cost when they didnt sell the unit

now there is one place here that wont even look at a warranty if they didnt sell the equipment

Post Likes
    i do the warrenty paperwork and parts exchanges on several equipment manufactuers. plus my driver then either takess the parts to the distributor or they are sent ups. are my time and expenses not reimbursable on equipment i didnt sell? i agree wholeheartdly with the charge.

Post Likes
    I would expect that the warranty company would pay you for the labor and expenses involved in doing the repair. Furthermore, I would expect that any dealer/distributor would provide warranty parts (to an installer) without charge.

Basically, whoever provides the warranty should be ensuring that the people downstream (installers, distributors, dealers, etc) be compensated at a reasonable rate for their efforts in supporting the warrantee.

I have a Ford. I have a Ford Warranty. I take it to any Ford Dealer and expect them to deal with it without charging me extra. And I expect that they should make a profit on working on my vehicle.

I also now have a Goodman warranty. It doesn't say anything about "Keil-Forness" (my installer). I would expect to be able to call any Goodman/Amana dealer and not worry about any charge. Otherwise, the warranty is worthless and I should have just bought it on the internet.

If you aren't going to fully honor a warranty, then don't ever include it as a selling point when visiting potential customers.

<rant off>

Post Likes
    I will clarify my post a little also. we do warrenty all parts on equipment brands we sell at no cost. should we? depends on who it is and why it was defective in the first place. it doesnt cost anyone extra but i dont disagree with the charge. afterall the contractor who goes back on your install to replace warrentied parts is gonna make a little

Post Likes
    Several vendors charge for compressors & HX's. Our biggest Goodman supplier is the only one who charges something, $10-20, for any warranty on a product they didn't sell. Hey, we now have 4 outlets selling Goodman in our market and a 2 or 3 that sold in the past and beat it. Plus we have units coming in from out of the market not counting the oodles of Goodman on the net. I don't blame them.

On a dealer level, I'll warranty anything. Customer pays labor and a little something for my time writing up the claim. Can't afford to turn away biz in this competitive market.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterloo View Post
    I would expect that the warranty company would pay you for the labor and expenses involved in doing the repair. Furthermore, I would expect that any dealer/distributor would provide warranty parts (to an installer) without charge.

Basically, whoever provides the warranty should be ensuring that the people downstream (installers, distributors, dealers, etc) be compensated at a reasonable rate for their efforts in supporting the warrantee.

I have a Ford. I have a Ford Warranty. I take it to any Ford Dealer and expect them to deal with it without charging me extra. And I expect that they should make a profit on working on my vehicle.

I also now have a Goodman warranty. It doesn't say anything about "Keil-Forness" (my installer). I would expect to be able to call any Goodman/Amana dealer and not worry about any charge. Otherwise, the warranty is worthless and I should have just bought it on the internet.

If you aren't going to fully honor a warranty, then don't ever include it as a selling point when visiting potential customers.

<rant off>
    We're talking about part warranties from the factory, not factory or third party part and labor warranties.

Read your Goodman warranty, does it say anything about paying labor. Does it say anything about paying shipping. Or does it have the words LIMITED WARRANTY.

Post Likes
    If I install your furnace, I'll warranty the parts. Don't expect someone to come out and warranty the parts for free if they didn't install it.
    Have you hugged the Earth today?
    Donny Baker rules

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    We're talking about part warranties from the factory, not factory or third party part and labor warranties.

Read your Goodman warranty, does it say anything about paying labor. Does it say anything about paying shipping. Or does it have the words LIMITED WARRANTY.
    Say's 'em all. It's a parts and labor warranty. I would expect that the "parts" part would include getting the part to my dealer. Then again, maybe I'm too used to my auto warrantee...

Thanks

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterloo View Post
    Say's 'em all. It's a parts and labor warranty. I would expect that the "parts" part would include getting the part to my dealer. Then again, maybe I'm too used to my auto warrantee...

Thanks
    Goodman labor warranty:

"Extended Service Plans

With a GoodCare Extended Service Agreement, you’ll have your choice of 5-years, 10-years, or even up to 99-years of worry-free comfort without the unexpected cost of replacement parts or labor expenses should your Goodman equipment require service. If a repair is needed, an Authorized GoodCare Dealer will respond promptly and make repairs with quality Goodman parts.

GoodCare coverage is affordable, costing only pennies a day. It’s a valuable investment that protects you today and in the future, no matter how much the cost of service may increase over the life of your Goodman brand equipment. With a GoodCare extended service plan, your comfort is in the guarantee.

When it comes to worry-free warranties, Goodman Manufacturing stands behind its products equal to any other brand in the indoor comfort industry."

It cost more for Labor warranty.

Post Likes
    If its a parts and labor warranty, then you paided for an extended warranty.
    That is a different warranty then the standard part only warranty.

You can't compare two different types and say they should both include the same things.

21. Likes Solstice liked this post.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in