Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carrier Fan Parts Shortage?

Post Likes

Carrier Fan Parts Shortage?

I have a 2 year old Carrier Heat Pump (still under a factory parts warrenty). The fan has begun acting erractically. The air pulsates, but most of the time I can barely feel it blowing. I would say it is at 5% of the normal pressure. I called the installer and they told me it would take 5 weeks to get the part from their normal supplier. They are looking for other sources but cannot give me a date. It seems unreasonable to have to wait this long for a part on a unit that is 2 years old. The dealer told me that this is common now, that my unit is already obsolete because the new units have different parts and Carrier is not making parts for the older units - even ones 2 years old. It makes me reconsider about using Carrier for a future addition I am planning, or this typical in the industry now?

Post Likes
    waiting 5 weeks for a part for a 2 yr old unit is crazy.
    if you can post a model #, maybe it is something Carrier is having issues with.

Post Likes
    Thanks. I'll check the model number tonight when I get back home.

Post Likes
    I have not had any problems getting carrier parts .ask them to put a universal motor in it untill the parts can be obtained .mabey they have to wait for the boat to come in

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by catmanacman View Post
    I have not had any problems getting carrier parts .ask them to put a universal motor in it untill the parts can be obtained .mabey they have to wait for the boat to come in
    May be having a rough time crossing the border.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble" ~ Mr. Bill

"Remember "Pro" is only a name, it's not always a mindset determined to do everything correctly" ~ Mr. Bill

Post Likes
    X2 We have had to do this a few times while waiting for a motor but never any where near 5 weeks!

Post Likes
    X3 have had to do this a few times on weekend calls until Monday, or maybe a couple of days during the week but never 5 weeks!

Post Likes
    Carrier doesn't "make" most of their parts anyways.
    Our local carrier supplier has regular stock for equipment made 30 years ago. Your HVAC company is giving you the run around!

Post Likes
    How about an X13?

Post Likes
    I spoke with the dealer again this morning and they insist that if I look for this part for my furnace that I will find that what they are telling me is true. Can someone check this out? Here is what I have (hybrid system):
    Furnace: Model-58MEC, Serial # - 5009A05092
    Heat Pump: Model-25HCC5, Serial # - 0910E07075
    I don't know exactly which part they are looking for, but I was told that they were going to replace the fan. As I mentioned earlier, it is erractic. It seems to be working but blowing at about 5% of the normal pressure. It will pulsate with a big gust of air, then drop back to the low pressure. Last night I couldn't feel any air at all, even though the condenser was running. It is not frozen up.

Post Likes
    58mec is not enough information to spec the blower. Is the air filter clean?
    Climate Control Solutions for your Home or Office

Serving Northeast Philadelphia and Surrounding Areas

Post Likes
    Here is the rest of the number: 58MEC060-12. The filter is clean. I have changed the filters regularly.

Post Likes
    DIY DIY DIY
    Now let's help this guy find his parts online :banghead::banghead::banghead:

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Post Likes
    And if the part is available, it would indicate that the dealer was not being honest with the customer. It is an X13 motor in the unit and Regal Beloit manufactures these on a regular basis. These are common parts and should be stocked by the dealer and his supply chain. There is nothing proprietary about this motor other than the programing of the module, and is used by most if not all American manufacturers.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by second opinion View Post
    And if the part is available, it would indicate that the dealer was not being honest with the customer. It is an X13 motor in the unit and Regal Beloit manufactures these on a regular basis. These are common parts and should be stocked by the dealer and his supply chain. There is nothing proprietary about this motor other than the programing of the module, and is used by most if not all American manufacturers.
    And you know this because.....( "And if the part is available, it would indicate that the dealer was not being honest with the customer. ")
    Are you from his area?
    Have you contacted the company in question to verify their dishonesty?
    Is it ok to smear a CO's name on here without proper knowledge of the situation at hand?
    We don't know if there may be an issue in that particular area! But let's bash the contractor, should make us feel good about ourselves!

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Post Likes
    If the contractor is having trouble finding the part, have them install temp as previously stated. Doesn't mean that he is a crook
    I have had issues with my suppliers in the past, doesn't make me a crook!

A Einstein

Post Likes
    I appreciate everyone's comments. It has been most helpful. I"ll admit that this whole thing has puzzled me and caused me to doubt the motivation of my contractor, which is why I first posted to this board. When I challenged them again this morning, they encouraged me to check around for the part and they feel confident that I will find they are telling me the truth. I guess what has bothered me the most is that they did not seem to be offering alternatives like a temporary fix as has been suggested here. They did call back later this morning and told me that they have a solution. They are going to take the fan from a new unit that they have in stock and install it in my unit. When the part comes that they ordered for me, they will use it to replace the fan taken from the other unit. They plan to complete the repair in the morning. That seems to be an acceptable resolution to me.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kamersoutdoor View Post
    And you know this because.....( "And if the part is available, it would indicate that the dealer was not being honest with the customer. ")
    Are you from his area?
    Have you contacted the company in question to verify their dishonesty?
    Is it ok to smear a CO's name on here without proper knowledge of the situation at hand?
    We don't know if there may be an issue in that particular area! But let's bash the contractor, should make us feel good about ourselves!

kamersoutdoor, your not even supposed to be posting in here without the * beside your name.

sent from my desktop Dell using Comcast.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble" ~ Mr. Bill

"Remember "Pro" is only a name, it's not always a mindset determined to do everything correctly" ~ Mr. Bill

Post Likes
    Come on Bill, I don't think he's gonna buy a very expensive X13 motor on the net when it is in warranty.

Our Bryant supplier has them in stock. But they have been reportedly troublesome so may not be the case everywhere.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    kamersoutdoor, your not even supposed to be posting in here without the * beside your name.

sent from my desktop Dell using Comcast.
    Thats funny......
    Been approved twice.....
    Moderator, can you check on that for me?

A Einstein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in