+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cooler Corn

Post Likes
    I really do not eat soy but if it's in a food additive I've already eaten it...lol....just saying all this plastic stuff we have now we sell to over seas contractors and it comes back to us in another form of bottle or container is your call weather to use it or not...I just try to buy things in glass if I can but I'm a country girl and I make allot of our food...canning veggies to meat and condiments too. If I had my way I would never leave the farm, but I have to see the DR. every 6 months and in this day and age it is impossible to not go to town ..I will look up the soy thingy , Thanks
    You don't have to ASK

What I'm Against...

If you know what

I'm For...

Post Likes
    well looked up soy ROBO and the process is just who is doing it. We have grown soybeans before and I loved the raw green kind in the field & I roasted a few dry ones , very good by the way but I'm really a meat &(garden) veggie girl myself & have even been on a diet without any soy products...lost 25 pounds so far and getting down to 135 by the holidays... the trick ?...eating off the land
    You don't have to ASK

What I'm Against...

If you know what

I'm For...

Post Likes

Smile

Congrats AC guy's chick! Good job onthe weight loss. That is a tough thing to do. I myself lost 57 lbs since Feb. Carb counting!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by A/C guy's chick View Post
    well looked up soy ROBO and the process is just who is doing it. We have grown soybeans before and I loved the raw green kind in the field & I roasted a few dry ones , very good by the way but I'm really a meat &(garden) veggie girl myself & have even been on a diet without any soy products...lost 25 pounds so far and getting down to 135 by the holidays... the trick ?...eating off the land
    I'm a big city boy, born and raised, now living in rural Lancaster county, PA. We grow some of our own food, but have lots of fresh produce and fruit farms all around us to pick up organically grown veggies and fruits.

Being someone who is chemical sensitive, I too like to buy as close to coming out of the ground as possible.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    When I was in grade school, long ago and far away, we didn't have kids running around and going nuts in class. Very few over weight kids and none excessive. We lived on peanut butter and I never heard of peanut allergy. I never knew of any kid on control drugs.

Something is different I believe
    I think somehow we are poisoning ourselves and don't know what's doing it.
    If I hadn't lived through a different time I wouldn't know that there is something wrong.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    When I was in grade school, long ago and far away, we didn't have kids running around and going nuts in class. Very few over weight kids and none excessive. We lived on peanut butter and I never heard of peanut allergy. I never knew of any kid on control drugs.

If I hadn't lived through a different time I wouldn't know that there is something wrong.
    I agree with one exception; we do know what's doing it. Overly processed foods with chemical additives and chemicals in our air and drinking water. Combine these things with how much longer we stay inside of tightly closed up houses and vehicles, and we are altering our bodies with a completely different atmosphere.

Stop consuming and breathing chemicals and overly processed foods, and we will again be much healthier. What is really sad is that we in the HVAC industry have the means to really help, but those in our industry do not understand the issues enough to properly promote and utilize what we have at hand.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post

My wife is an anti-flouride activist. She and her group has successfully block the town from adding flouride to our muncipal water system.

The activist believe that if flouride prevents tooth decay then let your dentist apply it to your teeth don't medicate us through our drinking water.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by benncool View Post
    My wife is an anti-flouride activist. She and her group has successfully block the town from adding flouride to our muncipal water system.

The activist believe that if flouride prevents tooth decay then let your dentist apply it to your teeth don't medicate us through our drinking water.
    I didn't know anti-fluoride was still active. I remember hearing about the movement in the 50's. The John Birch Society was active in it then.
    I have a well and you made me realize I probably don't get any fluoride unless it's in my well water or toothpaste. Fluoride occurs naturally in some water sources. One place in I think Texas, has so much peoples teeth turn brown.
    Do you remember any peanut problems when you were a kid?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Cool!

I wonder if it will work as well if the corn is not shucked. I prefer corn to cook in it's own wrapping. It's also easier to remove the husk after the corn is cooked.
    I agree, but I usually soak corn for 1hr and then onto the bbq!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Mountain View Post
    One more way. Submerge the ears in cold water for about 5-10 mins. Pull back the leaves and pull all of the silk out. Put the leaves back in place and wrap the ears individually in aluminum foil. Pop them on the grille for 20 mins or so.
    this is exactly how i do it
    IV IV IX

use your head for something other than a hat rack.......Gerry

We have freedom because somebody fought for it.
    We keep it because we are willing to fight for it.
    We lose it because we are not willing to fight for it.

Post Likes
    For whatever this is worth. Before I got into the hvac field 12 years ago or so. I worked in injection molding. One place I worked at made the inner liners for coolers, the melting point of the plastic is approximately 400 +/- a few degrees, depending on what you want to do with it. We also made those plastic coffee cups that you get at wherever you want. Which you put hot coffee in. Same plastic. I don't die from hot coffee, so probably safe.
    I like DIY'ers. They pay better to fix.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in