Thread: blue crabs

Post Likes

blue crabs

any good ways to prepare them.

Post Likes
    Yum!...I luvz me some sea bugs.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYg21Svzs2w

Post Likes
    Steam pot, 1/2 quart vinegar, put layer in, dose with Old Bay, Wye River or such seasoning, add layers and season. get boiling-steaming 15-20 min. Put bowel of butter in the top to melt last 5 min.
    Add beer.

To you IM.

Post Likes
    Remove the shell and clean out crab, then add butter to both sides of the crab body, I use a spoon, add spices you like, lemon pepper, garlic ect.. I usually cook a couple dozen using my outside grill, you can remove the claws and steam as usual, the male crabs have the most meat. Awsome

Post Likes
    Soft Crabs. I'd tell you how my wife cooks em but then I'd have to kill you.
    At least before she kil't me.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamas View Post
    Soft Crabs. I'd tell you how my wife cooks em but then I'd have to kill you.
    At least before she kil't me.
    You cant do that!, its against the forum cooking rules....you gotta tell us.

Post Likes
    We boil blue crabs just the same as crawfish. I personally don't care for 'em though. It's way too much effort for such little meat. Too much like work.

Post Likes
    Never have done blue crab ..... I would take dungenous over anything including king crab or lobster.

I pop the shell , clean out crab of lungs and crap, rinse, and break in two. Boil water in big pot with about 1/3 to 1/2 cup of sugar depending on how many crabs I'm cooking. Throw crabs in and cook for 5 minutes. Pull out and serve with butter heated by candle. Thats it for me ....... I don't want old bay or any other seasonings ........ I like the taste of dungenous as it is without changing it anymore them what the butter does.

Don't see blue crab ever sold around here but will try it if I ever see it.
    oh and its 5 minutes cooking them here being ya only get ones precooked being a long way from fresh crab .

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by acsolutionsllc View Post
    We boil blue crabs just the same as crawfish. I personally don't care for 'em though. It's way too much effort for such little meat. Too much like work.
    1 Crab, 1 Beer. I understand, point of diminishing returns....

Post Likes
    Had em once while on the East coast. Didn't care for em, but I'm spoiled. Eat lots of dungeness, red rock, tanner and of course king here. Dungy probably my favorite.
    One way to outthink people is to make them think you think. They'll think you're not really thinking what you're trying to get them to think you think...........

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in