Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 589101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 2011 H-Talk convention

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    You need to suck it up and show up. File for unemployment.
    And how would that make my financial situation any better?
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes
    You need to suck it up and show up. File for unemployment.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    A weekend is here... and we get this...

Pull up a chair, open a beer... THIS should be FUN!

And my busy week is winding down... there will be time to enjoy it...

Just 2 calls today and a gun show in the morning... Life is getting better after almost 50 hours in 4 days.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *The value of comfort, over the long term; leave economic choices behind!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    with money coming in you can travel

Post Likes
    Well you going to let your former employer skate after laying you off without cause? Suck up some pride there and file if for no other reason to get even for the raw deal you got.

Ace is right but for the wrong reason. Also some income coming in until your land another good gig is better than nothing. Come on down and tell us all about it . Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."

"I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Sen. Barry Goldwater

Post Likes
    Whoops...

Next week.

GA-HVAC-Tech

*The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)

Post Likes
    with money coming in you can travel
    Unemployment is not enough money for me to stay at home.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Well you going to let your former employer skate after laying you off without cause? Suck up some pride there and file if for no other reason to get even for the raw deal you got.

Ace is right but for the wrong reason. Also some income coming in until your land another good gig is better than nothing. Come on down and tell us all about it . Thank you very much
    Glen has it right

Post Likes
    Unemployment is not enough money for me to stay at home.
    But think of what you could do with it. Pay Union dues , buy tequila and get back to work.

Post Likes
    Glen has it right
    I disagree! I think we should totally do away with un-empl0oyment as operated by the govt. Folks should manage their OWN savings for a rainy day... teaches self discipline and responsibility.

Running a business is a zero sum game... that means at least as much has to come in as goes out... and honestly if it is not LOTS more coming in... why not just punch a time-clock and be lazy.

Now as the guy that keeps the valves of cashflow adjusted... the boss has to keep in mind the stuff that will go out. If the boss knows every time someone gets an attitude... he (the boss) will have to shell out a bunch of $$$ for the worthless bum to live without being productive.

The result is; the boss does not buy a new van... or does not get nicer uniforms... or does not hire one more tech so everyone can work 50 hrs rather than 60 hours a week.

I fully realize it is 'trendy' (feels good) to think companies are bottomless pits of $$$; and employees should try every way they can to get whatever they can... for the least they can put out.

My response to that is: IMO every person in the workforce should RUN a business themselves for a year or so... It should be REQUIRED to get a high school diploma. The end result would be an attitude of economic and fiscal responsibility.

Then the voters would get rid of these stupid entitlement (polcat buying votes) programs.

OK Ace... give it your best shot... cause you are gonna loose.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    I disagree! I think we should totally do away with un-empl0oyment as operated by the govt. Folks should manage their OWN savings for a rainy day... teaches self discipline and responsibility.

Running a business is a zero sum game... that means at least as much has to come in as goes out... and honestly if it is not LOTS more coming in... why not just punch a time-clock and be lazy.

Now as the guy that keeps the valves of cashflow adjusted... the boss has to keep in mind the stuff that will go out. If the boss knows every time someone gets an attitude... he (the boss) will have to shell out a bunch of $$$ for the worthless bum to live without being productive.

The result is; the boss does not buy a new van... or does not get nicer uniforms... or does not hire one more tech so everyone can work 50 hrs rather than 60 hours a week.

I fully realize it is 'trendy' (feels good) to think companies are bottomless pits of $$$; and employees should try every way they can to get whatever they can... for the least they can put out.

My response to that is: IMO every person in the workforce should RUN a business themselves for a year or so... It should be REQUIRED to get a high school diploma. The end result would be an attitude of economic and fiscal responsibility.

Then the voters would get rid of these stupid entitlement (polcat buying votes) programs.

OK Ace... give it your best shot... cause you are gonna loose.
    Remember where we are Ga, can't be arguing on this thread.

Post Likes
    He isn't arguing, he is telling you the facts. Then again, you can't lose because we both know that you just playing with us. You are one of the few posters here I tolerate that from becuase you do it so well and because when you do get serious, it's usually a gem of a post.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    Maybe you cannot or should not... But me...

Let me tell you a story: Last Summer (summer of 2010); I received an audit notice from the GA Dept of Labor... they wanted to audit my books. I called and asked what and why... they said they needed to be sure I had paid all the un-employment taxes I was supposed to. I explained to them my acct handles this and yes my books are in compliance with the law... They said come in anyhow...

I went there, wasting an ENTIRE day of time... only for them to admit all my books were in order except one 'employee'. I had this person on 1099 status... with a signed agreement. They said I owed Un-Emp on him. I said NO, and my accountant told them they were wrong. After some haggling they admitted they were wrong.

Here is the punch line: Seems the state of S Carolina ran out of un-emp $$$; so folks just moved from there to GA and DRAINED our system. Thus for the state to be in compliance with federal laws... the state went fishing for anyone to harass for $$$. Even the lady working for GA Dept of Labor said they knew folks on un-emp were 'coasting' (to use her words)... but they could not do anything about it.

Also let me tell you how un-emp works: The FEDERAL govt makes the rules... tells the states what they MUST do... and the states have to find the $$$ to do it. Same thing with food stamps, free school lunches, and a host of other entitlement programs. Sure must be nice to have the power to make others pay to buy the votes to keep me in power...

Now if someone is on the receiving end and does not have enough common sense to understand EVERYONE looses when govt hands out freebees... it sounds like free $$$. However: That $$$ has to come from somewhere... and I GUARANTEE you it is ultimately coming out of our pockets as consumers. The trail may be 10 bank accts long... but it IS costing each of us consumers something.

So I will say it again: We would be better off if we abolished the system in full! Each person should understand if they want to survive during economic downturns... they had better have a savings account. If they do not... well they will learn REAL QUICK that next time they had BETTER have one.

IMO the major thing wrong with this country is no sense of responsibility... Which comes from having to suffer the consequences of one's actions/choices.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Post Likes
    .......................... because when you do get serious, it's usually a gem of a post.
    Yeah and it is usually so bizarre that you want to laugh or wonder in amazement about what ace just said. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."

"I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Sen. Barry Goldwater

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Yeah and it is usually so bizarre that you want to laugh or wonder in amazement about what ace just said. Thank you, thank you very much
    Those are his regular posts. I'm referring to the once in a while posts where an issue means enough to mancow for him to be serious about it. Those posts are usually "WOW!" posts that I get a lot from.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    Those are his regular posts. I'm referring to the once in a while posts where an issue means enough to mancow for him to be serious about it. Those posts are usually "WOW!" posts that I get a lot from.
    Robo is right on this... (Ace, do not get a big head... )... Now and then Ace does come across with some seriously good stuff; that causes thought... Problem is; it is SOOO buried in BS... one really has to dig to find it...

Someone from Texas said he was really a good guy... just not on ARP...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Post Likes
    Has anything been finalized yet. Such as which motel all the out of State people will be staying at?

Post Likes
    Has anything been finalized yet. Such as which motel all the out of State people will be staying at?
    Gonna work that out over the weekend... however:

EPA certified... is staying at the Hyatt Place (economy Hyatt) at 3530 Ventura Dr. Duluth, GA. If you look this up on a map, it is Pleasant Hill Rd, Ex 104 or 105 off I-85 NE of Atlanta and outside the 285 Loop around town. My home is off Ex 101, just a couple miles away.

I will have info out after Labor Day weekend...

For now... gotta go make some hay while the sun is shining...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Post Likes

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Gonna work that out over the weekend... however:

EPA certified... is staying at the Hyatt Place (economy Hyatt) at 3530 Ventura Dr. Duluth, GA. If you look this up on a map, it is Pleasant Hill Rd, Ex 104 or 105 off I-85 NE of Atlanta and outside the 285 Loop around town. My home is off Ex 101, just a couple miles away.

I will have info out after Labor Day weekend...

For now... gotta go make some hay while the sun is shining...
    THANKS ALOT
    Now I,ll be signing autographs all weekend
    DON"T mess with the US
    I thought I had been there and done That.
    ITS ALL ABOUT LEARNIN!
    I thought it would be better by now
    "He who works with his hands is a laborer.
    He who works with his hands & his head is a craftsman.
    He who works with his hands, his head & his heart is an artist."
    ~St. Francis of Assisi

Post Likes
    Ya know... it is a LOT of work to put one of these things on...

If nobody gives a S**t... and everyone just wants to gripe...

Maybe I should bow out and let others put up with all the primma-donna's and children in adult bodies.

Maybe after a day's work I will cool off...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Post Likes
    [QUOTE=ga-hvac-tech;11180492]Ya know... it is a LOT of work to put one of these things on...

If nobody gives a S**t... and everyone just wants to gripe...

Maybe I should bow out and let others put up with all the primma-donna's and children in adult bodies.

Maybe after a day's work I will cool off...[/QUOT
    Like Daddy Used to say
    Don,t Worry the Cream always rises to the TOP..
    DON"T mess with the US
    I thought I had been there and done That.
    ITS ALL ABOUT LEARNIN!
    I thought it would be better by now
    "He who works with his hands is a laborer.
    He who works with his hands & his head is a craftsman.
    He who works with his hands, his head & his heart is an artist."
    ~St. Francis of Assisi

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 589101112131415161718 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in