+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tridium lonip over LonMaker

Post Likes

Tridium lonip over LonMaker

Hi

Im trying to get a tridium JACE controller to talk with a LonNetwork commission in LonMaker.
    The network is with a Loytec router with 1 IP channel and 2 LON FT10 channels. I want the JACE controller to talk over Lonip driver, but I can't get the JACE Lon interface commission in LonMaker.

Is there a way to talk to LonMaker controlled network without to commission in the JACE controller. The communication have to be over IP.

Hope someone can help with this

Post Likes
    Loytec sets the standards in IP852/LON and can even get the Jace to perform in this environment. Call Loytec and answer some config questions and they will provide you with a quick solution. Loytec knows how to manipulate a Jace to work properly in this environment.

There are many cases where you could use a single Jace with multiple lower cost Loytec routers in place of buying multiple Jace's. This is a great advantage to capture competitive bid projects at a lower cost.

Post Likes
    You need to set the local lon device in the Jace to external config if you want it to be managed by Lonmaker. Assuming that is really what you want to do.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by acddc View Post
    Loytec sets the standards in IP852/LON
    Hmmm...... I thought Echelon set the LON standard, learn something new every day.

kontrol out
    "Good" - Jocko
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Interoperability? You can't handle interoperability!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora Watch it here!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kontrolphreak View Post
    Hmmm...... I thought Echelon set the LON standard, learn something new every day.

kontrol out
    Liebert did not invent air conditioning but the set the standard percision cooling.

Post Likes
    Loytec sets the standards in IP852/LON and can even get the Jace to perform in this environment. Call Loytec and answer some config questions and they will provide you with a quick solution. Loytec knows how to manipulate a Jace to work properly in this environment.

There are many cases where you could use a single Jace with multiple lower cost Loytec routers in place of buying multiple Jace's. This is a great advantage to capture competitive bid projects at a lower cost.
    Thanks, I will contact Loytec.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkH View Post
    You need to set the local lon device in the Jace to external config if you want it to be managed by Lonmaker. Assuming that is really what you want to do.
    I have set the Jace to external config, but I can't get it commission in LonMaker (This is with the LonIp driver in the JACE)

Post Likes

Post Likes

ask loytec for information on seting jace up to interact with their ip routers. told flat out they know nothing about interacting with jaces. no help at all.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gazoo View Post
    ask loytec for information on seting jace up to interact with their ip routers. told flat out they know nothing about interacting with jaces. no help at all.
    I took the time to talk to Loytec US support.

The response from Loytec tech support: "Loytec supports their products and can instruct a user how to get a JACE assembled in an IP852 channel (or any other IP852 device). What Loytec doesn't do is instruct a user how to do it their (a JACE) way, or not even necessarily a LonMaker way. Loytec supports the Loytec way to do this operation. Likely, a user with the problem insisted we identify how to integrate the product in their way. In that instance, Loytec may be "no help at all" because the customer was unwilling to take the solution provided. If the situation is other than described then I'd recontact the support at Loytec."

Post Likes
    I took the time to talk to Loytec US support.

The response from Loytec tech support: "Loytec supports their products and can instruct a user how to get a JACE assembled in an IP852 channel (or any other IP852 device). What Loytec doesn't do is instruct a user how to do it their (a JACE) way, or not even necessarily a LonMaker way. Loytec supports the Loytec way to do this operation. Likely, a user with the problem insisted we identify how to integrate the product in their way. In that instance, Loytec may be "no help at all" because the customer was unwilling to take the solution provided. If the situation is other than described then I'd recontact the support at Loytec."
    Sounds like the famous JCI answer, "you can play with us, but we won't play with you". Just an observation...
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Post Likes
    i am figuring they would like one to use their LINX product which is something like a jace....

Post Likes
    Update.....do not send emails to loytec for support. they get sent to austria and they are reluctant to help. call the support line in the US.....they are very, very helpful.. dont know why "Arnolds" people are so reluctant to help but tech support here is fantastic.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gazoo View Post
    Update.....do not send emails to loytec for support. they get sent to austria and they are reluctant to help. call the support line in the US.....they are very, very helpful.. dont know why "Arnolds" people are so reluctant to help but tech support here is fantastic.
    Hmmmm...I have had nothing but great support from the guys in Austria and the US.
    Can you be more specific?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by R_Schutze View Post
    I have set the Jace to external config, but I can't get it commission in LonMaker (This is with the LonIp driver in the JACE)
    A JACE will not commision over LonIP.
    You can easily judge the character of a man
    by how he treats those who can do nothing for him
    -James D. Miles

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in