Thread: New Bryant AC system?????

Post Likes

New Bryant AC system?????

Hello,

I am looking for some advice from you guys.
    I am looking at purchasing a new Bryant HVAC system and need some advice as to how good this combo is.

My contractor said he could sell me the following items for a 2100 sq ft house in Texas. Please note this part of the country is dry and very HOT during the summer. The temp here for the past few weeks has been over 100 every day. It is also normal to use the AC in December for a week or 2 every once in a while so I need to make sure the AC is good.

The proposed items are as follows.
    Outdoor unit = 4 ton Bryant model 124ANA048-C (supposed to be a 16 SEER dual stage I believe)
    Coil = ADP model C60A245C33(6,9)
    Furnace = Bryant 313*AV060110 (Supposed to be a multi speed furnace)

I need to make sure that the system is properly matched. I assuming that it is matched properly because he showed me the copy of the AHRI (#3336381) certification for the 1500 tax rebate.

Also I am confused as to why the coli is an ADP and not a Bryant. Is this normal to use other manufacturer’s coils to get good efficiency or is it that Bryant does not make a coil that will get the tax credit and he chose the ADP so I could get it? I am not going to say price is not that big of a concern to me but I do wish to make sure that I get good equipment and if I need to spend more I will.

Thanks for the help
    Last edited by sanangelo; 07-09-2009 at 11:06 PM.

Post Likes
    This will not make tax credit. only 94% Also ask about coil update on tax credit coming up July 17

http://forms.lohmiller.com/bryant_co...on_ratings.pdf
    Aint Notin Sweeter, Then A Brand New Heater!!!!!!!!!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mwjhvac View Post
    This will not make tax credit. only 94% Also ask about coil update on tax credit coming up July 17

http://forms.lohmiller.com/bryant_co...on_ratings.pdf

I believe the list you have listed here is for Bryant brand only. The combo I listed has an ADP coil and qualifies under AHRI. Am I confusing the whole tax credit thing???

Post Likes
    The combo you have is fine as fas as operating together. The 124 is a single stage unit. Many manufacturers use other brand coils because they are not regulated as close as maufacturers combos and their SEER claims can be much higher.That is the reason for the new rule from AHRI.
    Keep in mind that SEER ratings don't mean squat unless the system is properly installed, charged correctly and the air flow is set correctly. Proper air flow is very, very important. You didn't list what thermostat they are using. May I sugget Bryant's T6PAC for your combo. The 313A has what's called a DEHUMIDIFICATION feature that will only work with this stat. It controls indoor humidity by sensing indoor humidity, and cycles the A/C on and off without a cooling call from the thermostat until the humidity is controlled. It will also vary the speed of the X13 motor on this unit to control humidity during normal cooling calls. This keeps the home more comfotable at higher thermostat settings by removing almost twice as much moisture than regular systems. Good Luck!
    What mwj may be referring to is the following;
    Effective July 15th, A match using another brand evaporator coil cannot be more than 6% above the manufacturer's highest rated combo using thier matched evaporator coil.
    You will want to visit the AHRI website for more detailed information.

Post Likes
    The 124 is in the "Legacy line" -I believe you only get 5 year compressor / 1 year parts warranty from the factory. If you step up a little to the "Preferred" line which would be a 165ANA048, I think you can get 10 year compressor / 5 year parts by just registering your equipment online with Bryant. You should ask your contractor to be sure about those warranty time periods, but I think for just a little more $ you can get a lot more factory warranty.

Post Likes
    You are correct except parts, which are 5 years across the board. That is standard factory warranty for all residential equipment.

Northwest Arkansas via Chicago Area via Straight Up from There on Lake Superior
    Post Likes

3rd Party Coils

SA, see thread "Aspen Coils" for a discussion of 3rd party coils, non-HVAC manufacturer coils. In this case they're Aspen coils and not ADP.

AHRI still says that # makes the tax credit. However, it is borderline. But you are correct in that they are changing them. Had my HP rerated this week from 10.15 to 8.95 HSPF which applies only to HP's. mwjhvac, how do you know that this AC/ADP coil combo (needs an air handler too) will be rerated?

SA, if you want to do some what-iffing you can go to the AHRI directory search for AC's at http://www.ahridirectory.org/ahridir...ultSearch.aspx

Takes some getting used to but messing with the outdoor manufacturer, SEER/EER minimum/maximum and Cooling Cap. min/max where 1 ton = 12,000 Btu's you can see what you can find.

Aren't you looking at different brands? Just plug different manufacturer's in the search above with the same other criteria.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gasser65 View Post
    The 124 is in the "Legacy line" -I believe you only get 5 year compressor / 1 year parts warranty from the factory. If you step up a little to the "Preferred" line which would be a 165ANA048, I think you can get 10 year compressor / 5 year parts by just registering your equipment online with Bryant. You should ask your contractor to be sure about those warranty time periods, but I think for just a little more $ you can get a lot more factory warranty.
    10 years compressor / 5 years parts for the Legacy line (even the builder line is 5 years across the board). I think all parts go to 10 years for all models except base model when registered.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in