+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 200 ton xa install today

Post Likes

Talking

As Budglo has said the commissioning has to be done onsite and takes a a lot longer than 2 hours, Don't know about the USA but here in the UK you wouldn't have any warranty unless Carrier commissioned it. Curious as to what you have done in a 2 hour commissioning ?

Best you hope your local Carrier Warranty department are not reading this thread.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
    As Budglo has said the commissioning has to be done onsite and takes a a lot longer than 2 hours, Don't know about the USA but here in the UK you wouldn't have any warranty unless Carrier commissioned it. Curious as to what you have done in a 2 hour commissioning ?

Best you hope your local Carrier Warranty department are not reading this thread.
    Correct ,no factory startup =no warranty.I have started up several.Two were 500 tons.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post

It's all dependent on the contractor. If it's an emergency type of job and the contractor knows his stuff then carrier will come in after the startup for an official one.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoodlistener View Post
    It's all dependent on the contractor. If it's an emergency type of job and the contractor knows his stuff then carrier will come in after the startup for an official one.
    Not on large equipment.If the contractor starts it before the factory does the startup, they now own the equipment.If its an emergency situation, the contractor works it out with the local Carrier office to be there when needed.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by budglo View Post
    Not on large equipment.If the contractor starts it before the factory does the startup, they now own the equipment.If its an emergency situation, the contractor works it out with the local Carrier office to be there when needed.
    30 series

Post Likes
    I don't understand why Carrier would do a factory startup at the shop and then do another factory startup onsite. I also wouldn't think that a factory startup at the shop would be sufficient as the application is a major part of the startup. I've done many emergency startups onsite and out of town. Just needs to be coordinated.

Post Likes
    30 series
    30 series requires a factory startup, especially at 450 tons.

Post Likes
    This is rental eqiupment, CCS is not going to all of our rentals for this chiller. CCS comes in, does the original startup, that machine enters the fleet and myself and coworker will do the rest of the commisioning on that equipment until its scrapped.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ResponsibleHeat View Post
    This is rental eqiupment, CCS is not going to all of our rentals for this chiller. CCS comes in, does the original startup, that machine enters the fleet and myself and coworker will do the rest of the commisioning on that equipment until its scrapped.
    You never mentioned it was rental equipment.

Post Likes
    You never mentioned it was rental equipment.
    I'd figure I'd let you guys bicker over it for a bit.

Post Likes
    30 series requires a factory startup, especially at 450 tons.
    Nope there's actually quite a bit of it that CCS never gets to see. Screws yes but I've done plenty of after the fact startups on screws too.

Post Likes
    Nope there's actually quite a bit of it that CCS never gets to see. Screws yes but I've done plenty of after the fact startups on screws too.
    Not suprizing , but no factory startup , no factory warranty.Any customer warranty would be covered by the contractor.

Post Likes
    Not suprizing , but no factory startup , no factory warranty.Any customer warranty would be covered by the contractor.
    It's actually called supervisory startup and it basically does initiate a warranty.

Post Likes
    Not just carrier, it must be ccs. There are other chiller techs within utc that must call ccs to do the startup.

Post Likes
    I learn something new everyday.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in