Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you heard of this?

Post Likes

Confused Have you heard of this?

I got a trane vendor come by, very nice guy did his partial calc. Instead of selling Trane's Cleaneffects he quote me on micropower guard electronic air cleaner (Nature's home). the price is a little lower, but does it do the job? Anyone heard of this product? I only got 3 results searching this forum.

Also he say he perfer to use "timing" on the 2 stage variable speed using the Trane touchscreen thermostat. it sounds reasonable to keep furance on the 1st stage for 10 minute (5,10,15) before it kicks into full 80K btu. Or should I just ask them to let the thermostat decided when to go full power? he say sometimes the location of thermostat plays too much part into when it kicks into full power.

is there more reading about timing vs auto?

Post Likes
    Can't tell you about the air cleaner.

The thermostat is what should control second stage of the furnace.

Post Likes
    beenthere,

do you actually do any work? Just seem like you are always answering my question

is the thermostat, in my case Trane XL800 is it smart enough that if I walk with a little wind it wont tricker the full furnace? just wondering if the thermostat is smarter or the timer LOL.

I guess if I go with auto I better check this guys' work

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Can't tell you about the air cleaner.

The thermostat is what should control second stage of the furnace.

Post Likes
    LOl..
    Just what I have too.

The 8320, and 8321 are both good stats.
    If you walk past it, it won't go to second stage just because you walked by it.
    The air that would be push toward it is the room air temp.

Post Likes
    Beenthere is highly trained, low paid, well respected member of the HVAC-Talk consultant team...

We have set a very high standard for our consultants, they even have to be on the site when their taking a dum....ummm...dropping the kids at the po....ummm...attending to personal business

Post Likes
    beenthere thanks for the info. I will probably watch the tech carefully when they wire that up if I decided to go with them. They have a show room so I'll probably stop by if it's for real.

Senior Tech, very funny. So where are you in Illinois?

LOl..
    Just what I have too.

Post Likes
    Hi beenthere,

I just look at the trane web site the 8320 and 8321 are for 3 stage heat!!
    the quote I got is only for 2 stage... I am guessing installer will probably put in the XL600 is there any bad about that one? not ask smart

in the XL800 it have this "Five-minute time delay for compressor protection" sounds like a good thing?

LOl..
    Just what I have too.

Post Likes
    one of the advantages of having a 2 stage heater is the long low fire run times for comfort the timer defeats the purpose

Post Likes
    Nothing really qrong with the 600.
    The 5 minute delay is a good safety for the compressor.
    The 8320, and 8321, are for up to 3 stage heat. It doesn't have to be a 3 stage system.

If you were geting a VS blower, I would recomend the 900, which can control up to 4 stages of heat.

Post Likes
    i have that filter on my system. works ok. my son has allergies... it seems to help him

Post Likes
    thanks skibme I was just wondering if it have any problem. Couldn't found any review pros or cons online. and it cost less than Trane's product.

Beenthere, I see what you mean. Tstat can handle up to 3 stage system in this case I'll only use 2 of it. 900 does look nice, if I can hook up with a phone line?

The furance is TUH2B080A9V3VA XV-95 two stage. what does the B mean, I saw "C" at another post.

Nothing really qrong with the 600.
    The 5 minute delay is a good safety for the compressor.
    The 8320, and 8321, are for up to 3 stage heat. It doesn't have to be a 3 stage system.

If you were geting a VS blower, I would recomend the 900, which can control up to 4 stages of heat.

Post Likes
    Nope. Not on the 900.

Post Likes
    Instead of selling Trane's Cleaneffects he quote me on micropower guard electronic air cleaner (Nature's home). the price is a little lower, but does it do the job? Anyone heard of this product? I only got 3 results searching this forum.
    no comparison, the clean effects system hands down
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Post Likes
    Most of us here feel a good 2 stage stat is the only way to get the best comfort out of a 2 stage furnace. The timer eliminates the best feature of a 2 stage, long run times on gentle, quiet low in bitter weather.

The B is the width, 17.5"

The 8320/8321 can handle 2 stages of heat pump compressor and 1 stage gas backup or it can handle 2 stages of gas heat and 1 or 2 stages of cooling.

My guess is you have some screwy polarized media air cleaner, like a Dynamic or Airscreen.

Post Likes
    BaldLoonie: what do you mean by "screwy"? any suggestion? pro/ con..

it took me a while to search around google I did found some information on Dynamic ...buymax some are for DIY ppl (trust me I can't diy anything). but seems like polarized media air cleaner seems to be okay. the epa.gov artical didn't like ionic much, now that is "screwy".

maybe I should just have those 4" media filter?

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Most of us here feel a good 2 stage stat is the only way to get the best comfort out of a 2 stage furnace. The timer eliminates the best feature of a 2 stage, long run times on gentle, quiet low in bitter weather.

The 8320/8321 can handle 2 stages of heat pump compressor and 1 stage gas backup or it can handle 2 stages of gas heat and 1 or 2 stages of cooling.

My guess is you have some screwy polarized media air cleaner, like a Dynamic or Airscreen.

Post Likes

EPA.GOV great read, if you have the time.

Hi BaldLoonie,

I see what you mean by screwy http://www.epa.gov/iaq/pubs/airclean.html there are many other good articles there.

I guess the micro guard is part of Electronic air cleaners family. doesn't produce ozone thu!

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post

Post Likes

Timer or not?

I saw this post by Mayguy, very good post. I saw many other wiring photo too. but my question so if I can set 5, 10, 15 mintues for 2nd stage to kick in isn't that consider timer or is that still consider tstat control?
    http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showpost.ph...11&postcount=3

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohouse View Post
    I saw this post by Mayguy, very good post. I saw many other wiring photo too. but my question so if I can set 5, 10, 15 mintues for 2nd stage to kick in isn't that consider timer or is that still consider tstat control?
    http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showpost.ph...11&postcount=3
    If you set time on teh furnace board, that is timer, not stat control of second stage.

Post Likes
    Also he say he perfer to use "timing" on the 2 stage variable speed using the Trane touchscreen thermostat. it sounds reasonable to keep furance on the 1st stage for 10 minute (5,10,15) before it kicks into full 80K btu. Or should I just ask them to let the thermostat decided when to go full power? he say sometimes the location of thermostat plays too much part into when it kicks into full power.

When a contractor expresses misgivings about a more advanced technology, it usually means they either a.) never installed it and are afraid of it, or b.) installed it once, screwed it up, and blame it for everything and will never do it again.

In other words, they have taken the position that they have stopped learning, and will not move forward in their profession.

Now, you have to decide, do you go with their comfort level on the install (which may affect your comfort level in the house and your bill$), do you push them out of their comfort and possibly competence level on the install, or do you find another contractor?

is there more reading about timing vs auto?
    The install manual will make it clear. The timing option is a fall-back for installs that use an older, more simplistic thermostat, or integrates the new control board with other older equipment. The manufacturer doesn't want to lose any sales because Grandma wants to keep her old honeywell thermostat.

-HF

Post Likes
    The 900 only works with the communicating furnaces and air handlers, it doesn't have an equipment interface module, it wires directly to the indoor units control board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in