Views: 318
Size:  70.5 KB
    Foam em down and let it eat!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357938151.630414.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  49.3 KB
    Every time this unit economizes it smells bad.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357938212.210675.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  51.0 KB
    Pigeons must be from Syracuse. It's ankle deep around this Trane.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Freightshaker View Post
    3. Get straps or chains and go over the top of the unit and hook on the frame on the other side. I try to have it just long enough that a loop of the strap just barely hangs over by the electrical panel. Then I hook a come a long/chain fall/chain hoist to it and lift it in there.
    This is my preferred method. I keep (kept) a small selection of those 2 inch wide yellow straps with looped ends on my truck. I could mix and match them together for any size unit. I don't miss those days. Especially the 90-105 degree F days.

Post Likes
    Love those standing seam roofs too. We lost 18 scrolls after sparky decided to switch phases after startup. All had to be bumped over the seams. Fun to walk on to,I had a second degree burn the length of my forearm one 4th of July when I fell on one.
    Damn phosgene

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bustedknuckles View Post
    Love those standing seam roofs too. We lost 18 scrolls after sparky decided to switch phases after startup. All had to be bumped over the seams. Fun to walk on to,I had a second degree burn the length of my forearm one 4th of July when I fell on one.
    I have nothing good to say about a standing seam roof.

Post Likes
    Feel sorry for you on that job that sucks

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by juliop360 View Post
    Feel sorry for you on that job that sucks
    It's what I actually like... salvage operation haha. I like this stuff it's the contract grinds I dislike. Could do without the pigeon dumpage.

Post Likes
    Could be worse - doing a re-roof (thankfully I was just in-house maintenance), our pigeon poo was 18" deep in spots. Ugh.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacvegas View Post
    don't you just love when the flames burn off the wiring schematic?
    HAHAHA! I'm going to put that in my signature!
    "It's not that I'm smart, it's that I stay with the problem longer”
    Albert Einstein

Post Likes
    Here in Raleigh if the building has a white membrane roof the Canadian geese spend a lot of time on it. Talk about large,high piles of *&#!. Alot of maintenance guys keep snow shovels on the roof. I'd send a picture of one,but it' too disgusting, looks like a sewer treatment plant blew up on a 2 acre roof.
    Damn phosgene

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bustedknuckles View Post
    Here in Raleigh if the building has a white membrane roof the Canadian geese spend a lot of time on it. Talk about large,high piles of *&#!. Alot of maintenance guys keep snow shovels on the roof. I'd send a picture of one,but it' too disgusting, looks like a sewer treatment plant blew up on a 2 acre roof.
    We have a distribution centr in town with a black rubber roof with a similar problem. It had supply air fans that were abandoned. The pigeons nested in them for years. One day one of their guys made a big mistake and powered the supply air fans on. The actuators began opening and it was like bombay doors opening. Years of pigeon nesting and every bad thing a pigeon could do dumped in allover the store and some of the fans even came on. They got in trouble. They had maintenance block the fans off so the pigeons left. Apparently the pigeons were a goose deturant. Now it is like you describe a goose sewage plant. They even had the nerve to tell one of our guys that the roof is not a toilet when they saw him pissing on the roof on camera.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in