+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Help

Post Likes

Any Help

Hello,

I'm getting nowhere with the job I'm currently at. Nobody wants to let me do anything besides maintain equipment. I have much more qualifications then being a "maintenance guy". NO disrespect to anyone out there that maintains equipment everyday but it just aint my shtick.

Anybody know how/who to contact at Trane in New York about a job? Seems like I get no where when I apply through their website. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OR, any other companies hiring at the moment.

Thanks

Post Likes
    In NY where?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

Post Likes
    Thank you for the reply.

Long Island, NY if possible.....but willing to travel.

Post Likes
    I know Gerster Trane in buffalo was looking for techs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

Post Likes
    No offense, but you must not look good on paper. Don't worry I must not look good on paper either. Trane NYC is a Union sig, they should be looking to the Local Hall before posting online, or inquire to the Local Hall and post online at the same time. I believe JCSS, HBS and Union TBS & HS branches posting online is not along the Agreement guidelines. Now if the Local can't provide HVACR Techs, that's a different story.

Post Likes
    Swallow your pride, stop being egotistical, do the maintenance and learn as much as you can. In other words study the equipment you are working on and learn from it. All systems have something that needs attention. How long have you been in the field? Are you even a qualified technican? Why would a union company hire someone who is not in the union?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by toocoolforschool View Post
    Swallow your pride, stop being egotistical, do the maintenance and learn as much as you can. In other words study the equipment you are working on and learn from it. All systems have something that needs attention. How long have you been in the field? Are you even a qualified technican? Why would a union company hire someone who is not in the union?
    I guess you didn't read the subject of my post. I'll type it again in cased you missed it "ANY HELP", there it's caps now so now you have to see it. Do me a favor don't reply unless you can help, Thanks! Don't be so negative dude, no need to call names.

BTW your questions don't warrnat a response from me. Take Care.

Post Likes
    Just because you perceive it as negative does not mean that it is. Ego is something that we all have to deal with. Ego and pride has been the downfall of many good techs even me. Just because I don't write what you want to hear does not make it any less true. QUOTE=MrHVA;14406911]I guess you didn't read the subject of my post. I'll type it again in cased you missed it "ANY HELP", there it's caps now so now you have to see it. Do me a favor don't reply unless you can help, Thanks! Don't be so negative dude, no need to call names.

BTW your questions don't warrnat a response from me. Take Care.[/QUOTE]

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by toocoolforschool View Post
    Just because you perceive it as negative does not mean that it is. Ego is something that we all have to deal with. Ego and pride has been the downfall of many good techs even me. Just because I don't write what you want to hear does not make it any less true. QUOTE=MrHVA;14406911]I guess you didn't read the subject of my post. I'll type it again in cased you missed it "ANY HELP", there it's caps now so now you have to see it. Do me a favor don't reply unless you can help, Thanks! Don't be so negative dude, no need to call names.

[/QUOTE]

This post has nothing to do with ego or pride. You're telling me I have an ego by look at my one post??????? cmon man....listen can you help me out or not? It's a Yes or No answer. No need for assumptions. Thanks champ

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHVA View Post
    Hello,

I'm getting nowhere with the job I'm currently at. Nobody wants to let me do anything besides maintain equipment. I have much more qualifications then being a "maintenance guy". NO disrespect to anyone out there that maintains equipment everyday but it just aint my shtick.

Anybody know how/who to contact at Trane in New York about a job? Seems like I get no where when I apply through their website. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Trane will post job opening on line even in a union market. I think it's IR policy. The Trane office in Miami regularly posted openings on line even though Miami is union. I never used the union to get a job. I always went directly to the contractor, and told the union where I was working. If you're a good tech, you'll always have a job. Anyway, I digress.

How long ago did you apply on their website? It usually takes 2-3 weeks to get a response. You could always resubmit an application. Are they even hiring? You could always walk in the front door and hand in your resume too. Squeaky wheel gets the grease and all.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChillerMan View Post
    Trane will post job opening on line even in a union market. I think it's IR policy. The Trane office in Miami regularly posted openings on line even though Miami is union. I never used the union to get a job. I always went directly to the contractor, and told the union where I was working. If you're a good tech, you'll always have a job. Anyway, I digress.

How long ago did you apply on their website? It usually takes 2-3 weeks to get a response. You could always resubmit an application. Are they even hiring? You could always walk in the front door and hand in your resume too. Squeaky wheel gets the grease and all.
    You are like a HVAC God, I think you dont need the union! is the union that needs you, I wish I knew what local you belong to, I would call then and congratulate them for having you.

Post Likes
    I think if I waited on the Locals to get me a job I'd be like the kid in the V-8 Fusion commercial that doesn't want to eat his veggies. Here in the Southwest - West Texas, New Mexico, Southern Arizona, it's more than cutthroat. You have to get your own jobs.

Post Likes
    Mr HVA

Before we can give you any real advice, we need to know a bit more about you.

Your words are :
    I have much more qualifications then being a "maintenance guy"
    What qualifications? What kind of equipment are you talking about maintaining?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MechanicallyInclined View Post
    I think if I waited on the Locals to get me a job I'd be like the kid in the V-8 Fusion commercial that doesn't want to eat his veggies. Here in the Southwest - West Texas, New Mexico, Southern Arizona, it's more than cutthroat. You have to get your own jobs.

Whats the point on being "union" if you behave like a scab?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Mr HVA

Before we can give you any real advice, we need to know a bit more about you.

Your words are :

What qualifications? What kind of equipment are you talking about maintaining?
    The Equipment I'm maintaining ranges any where from 25 to 100 ton roof top units. Direct fired heating units. Indoor air handling units. Electric Reheats, HOt Water reheats....Furnaces..etc....the list goes on.

I really am not given a chance to actually service/repair these units because there a lot of arrogant self indulged ******** I work with that try to be heroes and look like a superstars any chance they get. Meanwhile, I witnessed one of the so called "top mechanic" I work with blow thermal overloads cuz he wired a simple dual speed motor backwords. Pathetic, if you ask me but whatever thats how it goes in this industry. And then try to justify it by saying " the manufacturer labeled it wrong". YEAH OK! Anyway, I know mistakes happen own up to it or ask someone else for help it won't hurt.

sorry for the rant

so......

any help?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChillerMan View Post

Thanks for the reply chillerman
    As far as I know they are hiring. They posted it on the IR career jobsite they have listed on their website. I've been applying since last week. Everyday. Maybe I should just go in to their office. I think its in LIC??

Post Likes
    The Equipment I'm maintaining ranges any where from 25 to 100 ton roof top units. Direct fired heating units. Indoor air handling units. Electric Reheats, HOt Water reheats....Furnaces..etc....the list goes on.

I really am not given a chance to actually service/repair these units because there a lot of arrogant self indulged ******** I work with that try to be heroes and look like a superstars any chance they get. Meanwhile, I witnessed one of the so called "top mechanic" I work with blow thermal overloads cuz he wired a simple dual speed motor backwords. Pathetic, if you ask me but whatever thats how it goes in this industry. And then try to justify it by saying " the manufacturer labeled it wrong". YEAH OK! Anyway, I know mistakes happen own up to it or ask someone else for help it won't hurt.

sorry for the rant

so......

any help?

Gonna say this out loud only because its bothering me (not really) but... How do you wire a two speed motor "backward"... I am confused

In all honesty what you need to do is attempt to reach out to one of the employees associated with the division you wish to work. Many times it's "who you know".

I want to help you if I can, but you have not really done anything to help yourself as far as this thread.

Schooling? Years in the trade? Desired field? Success stories?

Having worked with some of the most arrogant punks I have ever met all thinking like you are sounding, it was not unreasonable for some on here to ridicule you a bit.

Just my humble opinion, take it or not..... I have a great job

GT
    If a day goes by and you have learned nothing, I hope you got a lot of sleep.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GT Jets View Post
    Gonna say this out loud only because its bothering me (not really) but... How do you wire a two speed motor "backward"... I am confused

In all honesty what you need to do is attempt to reach out to one of the employees associated with the division you wish to work. Many times it's "who you know".

I want to help you if I can, but you have not really done anything to help yourself as far as this thread.

Schooling? Years in the trade? Desired field? Success stories?

Having worked with some of the most arrogant punks I have ever met all thinking like you are sounding, it was not unreasonable for some on here to ridicule you a bit.

Just my humble opinion, take it or not..... I have a great job

GT
    Like I said he blamed it on "manufacturer labeled the wiring diagram wrong" whatever.

GT Jets, How in the world did you come to the conclusion that I sound like an arrogant punk???? I've been called egotistical and now I'm being called an "arrogant punk" all from asking the kind people on this site for some help. WHAT A JOKE! That is what this post has become.

And you tell me you can't help me because I haven't helped myself. LOL Another joke.

YOU KNOW WHAT FORGET IT I DONT NEED THE HELP. ILL GET IN MYSELF.
    Thanks anyway.

Post Likes
    Like I said he blamed it on "manufacturer labeled the wiring diagram wrong" whatever.

GT Jets, How in the world did you come to the conclusion that I sound like an arrogant punk???? I've been called egotistical and now I'm being called an "arrogant punk" all from asking the kind people on this site for some help. WHAT A JOKE! That is what this post has become.

And you tell me you can't help me because I haven't helped myself. LOL Another joke.

YOU KNOW WHAT FORGET IT I DONT NEED THE HELP. ILL GET IN MYSELF.
    Thanks anyway.
    Really?

This post all but proves my point.

Humble the hell up and tell us something about yourself.

I said you sounded like an arrogant punk I have worked with. As an example, had a first year apprentice working in our area that thought he was worth Journeyman wage.... So I decided to "test him a little", after asking him about a dozen or so fairly simple questions about the equipment we were working on (hot water boiler) it was apparent he didn't know squat, so I told him that a true journeyman would have been able to answer every question i had just asked him without hesitation, he said "well I am not going to be working on this kind of garbage anyway"...

You have not stated your case very well IMHO.

Chill out and take some constructive criticism without reacting like a five year old. Geeze...

And as for the question about how you wire a two speed motor backward I was asking YOU how he did it, because I don't think you know. And there are occasions when the schematics are incorrect or very easy to misinterpret. FYI Happened to me last week. they had drawn the schematic with the 24V control circuit and the 120 control circuits tied together at two points. Didn't bite me in the ass, but could have. All black wire BTW...

GT

Post Likes
    Hello,

Thanks
    You just dist maintenance mechanics and you seem surprised you didn't get hired by a high level contractor off the street.. = Arrogant.

I guess you didn't read the subject of my post. I'll type it again in cased you missed it "ANY HELP", there it's caps now so now you have to see it. Do me a favor don't reply unless you can help, Thanks! Don't be so negative dude, no need to call names.

You were asked specifics about your qualifications, you came up with insults = Arrogant.

This post has nothing to do with ego or pride. You're telling me I have an ego by look at my one post??????? cmon man....listen can you help me out or not? It's a Yes or No answer. No need for assumptions. Thanks champ
    Just pushy =arrogant.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1234567811 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in