Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Or maybe I watched too many John Wayne movies....Love the Yellow Ribbon one where he and the old Chief trade intros and the Old Chief is worried about the young braves and their cries of War. "Ho, Nathan....Let's go hunting...."

Well, at lunch today I watched ten minutes of news...War with Iran....War with North Korea.....Read more of the same in the daily paper....What the F&8%!

First Iran may or may not develop the big bomb. Not our problem, problem of the European, Mideast, and United Nations.

Second, Iran has about a million soldiers just wanting an excuse to fight and die for Allah. They would blow up oil refineries...ships, ports, and what ever they felt like doing.

Third, If Iran and N. Korea allied themselves, we could be forever in the MidEast and fighting like hell to hold South Korea. Then the friggin Muslims would start up in the Far East, Indonesia and whereever they could.

Fourth, I can't go on...getting a headache. Anyone realize that this kind of war could cost tens of thousands of American lives or even higher. Stretch us till we are broke. And for what?

Originally posted by acefurnacefixer
    dont be too worried the republicans can do much in the short time they have left in Washington, Hillary will keep any more men from dying over a barrel of oil.
    The problem with Hillary is not people dying over oil, but at the hands of the ATF, FBI and oh yeah, park police.
    Bill and Hill prefer to flex their muscle at home.

We are already at war with Iran in the aspect that we are at war with fundamentalist Muslims worldwide. This war is a war without borders and as was stated by the President before we ever invaded Afghanistan; this fight will be where ever the enemy dwells and it will be a long one.

Nobody listened.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

A bright light

Originally posted by skrewt
    dont be too worried the republicans can do much in the short time they have left in Washington, Hillary will keep any more men from dying over a barrel of oil.
    The problem with Hillary is not people dying over oil, but at the hands of the ATF, FBI and oh yeah, park police.
    Bill and Hill prefer to flex their muscle at home.
    And your point is what? At home is were we need the attention, not wraped around a barrel of oil.

In the dark!!

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    We are already at war with Iran in the aspect that we are at war with fundamentalist Muslims worldwide. This war is a war without borders and as was stated by the President before we ever invaded Afghanistan; this fight will be where ever the enemy dwells and it will be a long one.

Nobody listened.

I listened. He stated that any country harboring terrorists will be treated as a terrorist nation themselves, but yet here is Pakistan,a known terrorist hideout, being left alone along the Afgan border,instead on driving Bin Laden right through that country. More Lip Service.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

No; more diplomacy. Pakistan has been cooperationg with us as has Saudi Arabia which is another haven for terrorists. Countries like these are responding to diplomatic methods of taking care of the radical Muslims, so it just wouldn't be prudent to treat them the same way as we are treating non-cooperative countries.

The truly naive thing for you to believe is that we can avoid this just by staying home.
    We can send our troops to die fighting and lose 2000 over the course of 3 years or we can loose 3000 civilians every couple of years to repeat 9/11's.
    I prefer to fight personally.
    The world is in the pickle that it's in simply because the UN is a completely toothless and corrupt organization.
    If we truly had a "United Nations" we would stand together against this kind of crap, rather than bicker till the cows come home every time an issue comes up.
    The "head in the sand" strategy didn't work for Bill and it won't work for the next dem president.
    But sure as the sun will come up tomorrow, they'll try.

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    No; more diplomacy. Pakistan has been cooperationg with us as has Saudi Arabia which is another haven for terrorists. Countries like these are responding to diplomatic methods of taking care of the radical Muslims, so it just wouldn't be prudent to treat them the same way as we are treating non-cooperative countries.
    Yes, their co-operation takes the form of providing cover for OBL and Al-Qaeda, proliferating nuclear material to terrorist states, supporting Al-qaeda, supporting other terrorist organizations and producing Dog and
    Pony find the terroists shows. With friends like these.....
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

Originally posted by skrewt
    The truly naive thing for you to believe is that we can avoid this just by staying home.
    Who said anything about staying home? Support for the real war on terror, Afghanistan is near unanimous.

Too bad Bush diverted military and intelligence assets from the real war on terror to a nation that had no WMD, no ties to Al-Qaeda, hadn't attacked the U.S. or even had any plans to attack, was not a threat to the U.S.

Too bad Osama is still on the loose, Al-Qaeda is resurgent, the Taliban are growing stronger, acts of terrorism have tripled and quadrupled since 2003 and Al-Qaeda has a new training base in Iraq.

Too bad Bush's diversion from the war on terror to Iraq has resulted in thousands of casualties, billions of dollars pissed away or stolen and chaos if not civil war.

We can send our troops to die fighting and lose 2000 over the course of 3 years or we can loose 3000 civilians every couple of years to repeat 9/11's.
    I prefer to fight personally.
    Laughable. Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 and had no ties to Al-qaeda.

If we truly had a "United Nations" we would stand together against this kind of crap, rather than bicker till the cows come home every time an issue comes up.
    Bush has already blown that option.

The "head in the sand" strategy didn't work for Bill and it won't work for the next dem president.
    But sure as the sun will come up tomorrow, they'll try.
    Hyperbole and myth.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

Iraq, Firaque. We got there and there is progress in building the Iraq Army and government. Same with Afghanistan.

But the drums are beating in a new direction and Bush has time enough to get us involved in another crisis over there.

I say no.

Get to the UN and if the UN can't handle it and we can't get at least a dozen nations to stand up with us, then let the Iranians and North Koreans build what they want. If then they cause problems with their neighbors, deal with it only if other nations join in. Otherwise, we will have more problems than you can imagine.

War is no longer the best way.

I was for going into Iran the moment I saw the brilliance of the strategic military standpoint of our being in Iraq. I cannot state this enough; get a map of the Middle East and Western Asia and outline Afghanistan and Iraq. Now! Every country that these two occupied countries border are our potential enemies that we should be prepared to enter at any given time.

Couldn't find a map yet but I did find:

http://www.meforum.org/about.php

Now, I gotta go clean the kitchen and get a roast or a C.B. Brisket ready to cook.

acefurnacefixer

what is this fetish you have with "dying over a barrel of oil"?we need oil?what powers your service van and your family car?...solar power?or maybe magic fairy dust?the sad truth is that we are slaves to the oil industry and it will take more than a war to change that
    I don’t always drink beer, but when I do I prefer Dos-Equis. I am the most interesting man in the world. Stay thirsty my friends.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast