Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    whats the best ductless heat pump

    Removing a straight AC Mitsubishi ductless unit from my home and replacing it with a heat pump. Got prices for Mitsubishi, Samsung,LG, and fujitsu. Need feedback on which is the best one to get. Mitsubishi was the highest price and the Samsung was the lowest. Any feedback would be great. Thank you, Ron

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Vancouver, U.S.A.
    Posts
    476
    Any thing with inverter technology is going to be a better unit. I personal have had lots of luck with Mitsubishi units. the heat pump is the best way to go.
    Air conditioning to all and to all a good night

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ontario
    Posts
    13
    I second that

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    1

    Smile

    I'm a Mitsubishi and Fujitsu Dealer and I'd vote Mitsubishi. They seem to constantly update their equipment and just as an example, I had a mitsubishi system that had a board failure. A year later the same board went out. Not only did the customer get the new board but they asked me to take it to the distributor so they could send it to their tech center in the us. Later I found out they then sent it to Japan for analysis and all this because they had 3, yea, 3 failures in the us. That told me they are serious about quality.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    1,561
    Quote Originally Posted by Toast776 View Post
    I'm a Mitsubishi and Fujitsu Dealer and I'd vote Mitsubishi. They seem to constantly update their equipment and just as an example, I had a mitsubishi system that had a board failure. A year later the same board went out. Not only did the customer get the new board but they asked me to take it to the distributor so they could send it to their tech center in the us. Later I found out they then sent it to Japan for analysis and all this because they had 3, yea, 3 failures in the us. That told me they are serious about quality.
    Geez, how did Toast get toasted after only 1 post???
    B.O. = B.S.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    In a boiler room
    Posts
    7,119
    Quote Originally Posted by snewman24 View Post
    Geez, how did Toast get toasted after only 1 post???
    Good question.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    In a boiler room
    Posts
    7,119
    Quote Originally Posted by UAPHILLY420 View Post
    Removing a straight AC Mitsubishi ductless unit from my home and replacing it with a heat pump. Got prices for Mitsubishi, Samsung,LG, and fujitsu. Need feedback on which is the best one to get. Mitsubishi was the highest price and the Samsung was the lowest. Any feedback would be great. Thank you, Ron
    Not the Samsung, every time I work on one they seem like the cheapest built mini split.

    Mitsubishi or Fujitsu would be the best IMO.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Northern VA 38 degrees N by 76 degrees W
    Posts
    5,060
    Quote Originally Posted by snewman24 View Post
    Geez, how did Toast get toasted after only 1 post???
    Must be some kind of a subliminal message that some one figured out!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    In a boiler room
    Posts
    7,119
    Quote Originally Posted by snewman24 View Post
    Geez, how did Toast get toasted after only 1 post???
    I guess he posted in AOP one too many times and those got deleted. Helps to read the rules I guess.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    4,411
    Quote Originally Posted by second opinion View Post
    Must be some kind of a subliminal message that some one figured out!!
    LOL I guess so!
    Make your expertise uniquely valuable.

    Make your influence uniquely far-reaching.

  11. #11
    Thanks for the input. I put the fujitsu heat pump in over the weekend. It seems to be working great. I live in a A frame type chalet and it heated three home great. My wife asked me to turn it down some. Hey, beats using straight electric baseboard. That its what I had. Best two grand I ever spent.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    In a boiler room
    Posts
    7,119
    Quote Originally Posted by UAPHILLY420 View Post
    Thanks for the input. I put the fujitsu heat pump in over the weekend. It seems to be working great. I live in a A frame type chalet and it heated three home great. My wife asked me to turn it down some. Hey, beats using straight electric baseboard. That its what I had. Best two grand I ever spent.
    Good choice. What size?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    PAC-NOR
    Posts
    46
    Gravity for condensate, or one of those Saurman pumps?
    Pics?
    Mitizubishi is pricy, but we haven't had much trouble with em. Fujitu has been fairly good, had a few problems with the .. 16/3 wire getting loose to the ID. Tighten em up at 6 months, and again after a year

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event