The worst one I had I decided to use a little chemistry. This was a very large evap that got water logged when the spray humidifier nozzles bored holes in the coil. After isolating the the coil I ran a hose to the outside, blew nitro through the coil and then I poured a gallon of denatured alcohol into the coil.
As alcohol has a great affinity for water I was able to blow the alcohol through the coil and absorbing the remaining water. Another blast of nitro until I could no longer smell the alcohol. After that I followed normal procedures to dry it out.
Ten years later it was still hanging in there.
I wouldn't expose a compressor to alcohol but if the wet part of the system can be isolated it can save a huge amount of time. If isopropal alcohol is available it might be a better choice.
I should have learned to play the g'tar on the MTV. MK